• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

So, my dark past still got me after all, heh?

As for the answer it was Mitsuru Kirijou.

Not only rotten posts were revived, but also people who I haven't seen posting here for ages.

At one point in time, I had a Mitsuru avy and sig. I forgot how long ago that was.

Gonna stick with my current theme for the time being. I can't decide on a new theme.

That ain't even the worst part. With Trump boarding this lunacy, the odds of Brazil engaging in a proxy war are raised considerably.

Revisiting the older Sepultura albums was awesome. They started to suck from Roots though. That being said, Krisiun is still a little far from being Brasil's pre-eminent extreme metal music export.

Good analysis. Roots is dope when taking into consideration the mix between heavy metal and more traditional genres. 

I would check out Sarcófago. 

Hey, what's some good Brazilian music, anyway?

Ive become a bit of a fan of this guy named Arthur verocai, I stumbled upon his music on Youtube once and really enjoyed it (although I can't make out any of the lyrics), but other than that I don't really know any Brazilian musicians

3 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

Barring Wagner et al, of course! My bad :D

Hahah no worries! It seems that Sepultura got popular at their least heavy, and the other big famous bands, like Angra, Dr. Sin etc just weren't that extreme. It would be very difficult for another band to be as heavy as prime Sepultura or Sarcófago, and even harder for them to be famous.

15 minutes ago, Яei Яei said:

the other big famous bands, like Angra, Dr. Sin etc just weren't that extreme

Angra, Shaman, Dr. Sin, etc... the extremity they had was in a totally different direction I guess. Kiko Loureiro's first two solo albums were absolute ear candy for guitarists.

I used to love that type of metal when I was younger. Surely nothing could top those ridiculous shreds, I thought, but more often than not, despite being impressive, they felt hollow to me as I grew older.

1 hour ago, Яei Яei said:

Here's a short list, since you enjoyed Arthur Verocai:

• Tim Maia;
  • Mutantes;
  • Secos & Molhados;
  • A Cor do Som;
  • Raul Seixas.

Thanks for the list, man, I appreciate it. Are they stylistically similar or just some favorites of yours?

And is verocai well-known at all? I saw that he dropped his first album in the 70's, and then didn't release another until 2012, so prolly not, right?

59 minutes ago, ChefGuevara said:

Thanks for the list, man, I appreciate it. Are they stylistically similar or just some favorites of yours?

And is verocai well-known at all? I saw that he dropped his first album in the 70's, and then didn't release another until 2012, so prolly not, right?

They are around the same decade, from 70s to 80s, mostly, and given our historical context, there's a convergence in style.

Verocai, not so much. I do recall listening to one of his songs, but he's not exactly a household name. 

Anything is better than this hellhole of capitalism that we've been suffering under for the last 400 years. Add to the fact that capitalism is what also gave us colonialism and white supremacy, and contemporary imperialism with its millions of lives to its name, then the issue most important to us all is the ensure the complete dismantlement and destruction of capitalism and the overthrow of the ruling classes as soon possible. 

If you're not anticapitalist, then you are defending the continuing exploitation and murder of people across the world, and ultimately the destruction of civilization within the next 100 years.