Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Caster said:

Very nice. 
I'm hoping Nia will get a figure in the future. But I'm assuming Xenoblade 2 figures aren't likely again in the future.

Hopefully we'll get more. The KOS-MOS Xenoblade 2 figure still hasn't released yet. Once it does, it'll be the fourth Xenoblade 2 figure (the first three being Pyra, Mythra and Siren). 

In general, i hope this paves the way for Xenoblade to get more merch. 

Funny they mentioned Danny Phantom, since the show had that particular scenario happen. Ghost child born from ghost parents.

Of course, the "ghosts" in the show weren't necessarily undead creatures, more like ectoplasm based living(?) beings... from which humans who died could become one, so... yeah, ghosts.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Hopefully we'll get more. The KOS-MOS Xenoblade 2 figure still hasn't released yet. Once it does, it'll be the fourth Xenoblade 2 figure (the first three being Pyra, Mythra and Siren). 

Well, I would also like them to actually re-release Pyra and Mythra! So I don't have to get the actual version from scalpers for more money than I will ever want to pay!
I wish I had played Xenoblade 2 sooner. Because then I would have actually played it when the Mythra figure was up.
And the Chinese bootlegs of Mythra have such a shitty defect I don't even want it. 
Would rather hope the actual ones are re-released. I would rather pay 100-150$ for something that I know looks nice and will actually look nice than pay much less for something that looks worse and has a 90% chance of me not wanting to even put it out because it would bother me that much.

Of all my bought figurines, the very first one which was Airi Ban from Devil Survivor 2 has been the best one. For its low price the compositon was splendid, absolutely nothing to complaint about. The last three figurines on the other hand, oh dear, I do not want to comment any further. Anyways I have learned my lesson. I will switch to dolls since I need something to cuddle at night. My two Rosies need comrades.

14 hours ago, Armagon said:

Female, female, robot, female robot who is becoming a law of the universe demanding they appear everywhere. Where are Rex and the Zekenator? And fine, Elma needs a quality figurine too if she does not already have one. And can't forget Morag and Lora and Brighid. But Lao, Addam, and Hugo better come too.

Agreed Xeno, now that it is Nintendo property, should get some real merchandise lineups. XC2's change to a more "anime" style, does allow the characters to be cuter, which is something you can sell more readily amongst other Nintendo IPs. As your DL'ed Nia shows, making a plush Nia fit on a shelf alongside Kirby, Mario, Pikachu, and Isabelle, is more feasible than doing that with Elma (or even Lin) or pre-1DE Shulk. We can't rely solely on Nopon.

25 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

Of all my bought figurines, the very first one which was Airi Ban from Devil Survivor 2 has been the best one.

They gave Airi a figurine? Anyone else? Maybe Kama?

-----

I dislike digital game sales during the holidays. I know as a grown adult exactly what I'm getting every Xmas, and I have the self-control to hold off on playing a game until Dec 25th, but I do not like the inability to "gift" a digital game. I recall Nintendo did have digital gifting with the Wii U I think, but that'd require someone purchase the game on another console. I wish they reran all these sales on Christmas day and the few following ones, for people who did get eShop cards.

This said, I've several games I'd consider getting for the holidays, but the only definite is DQXI. I'm nabbing Luigi's Mansion 3 to add something else to my lineup, but that is the end of it. The games I'd consider each have reason for me hesitating.:

• Civilization VI looks interesting, but I've never played anything in the genre and aren't sure if it'd actually bore me, I need a demo for something like this.
  • The Spyro HD collection, well I played the games a little as child, and while I enjoy 3D Mario, I'm giving pause to this, given childhood memories aren't the best judge of quality.
  • Daemon X Machina was originally on my lineup, but the 7/10s and me not having NSO make me question it.
  • Bloodstained still has some shoddy port bugs.
  • Transistor is an indie, I don't buy any of those, even if the quality is supposedly great. I'm cautious.
  • Shantae: Half-Genie Hero I've heard is worse than The Pirate's Curse.
  • The Alliance Alive HD sounds more like a budget JRPG not worth its price.
  • Mega Man 11 I question as having enough content for the price.
  • Mega X Collection 2 I'm concerned about the challenge level of. Platforming through X1 on the Wii U was fine, the final boss required some restore points though, as did the first- Chill Penguin.
Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Oh, this is rich. Yesterday they cancelled classes in all levels of education for today due to weather concerns...

... and it's sunny with clear skies outside! The order can't be rescinded this late, so... yeah. Hilarious...

We need another Devil Survivor indeed. Not sure what direction they'd take it in though. DS1 had an enlivened classic SMT atmosphere all over it, DS2 had that Persona touch placed over some typical SMT route splitting. Make Devil Survivor 3 based on Digital Devil Saga? Surviving then becomes picking who doesn't end up as food for everyone these.😋

Well, whatever they make it, I hope it would be interesting. I also need to finish up some routes in DS1 eventually...

Speaking of SMT, it's a series I have a hard time getting into, not because of the difficulty, but because of how the story is told, usually. 
I like stories focused on humans, and their characters, and I know that's not something SMT as a whole usually focuses on. I like Persona for that reason, yea, and also Devil Survivor, even 1 was nice enough in that regard.
But it's the type of thing that puts me off from other games, I likely wouldn't enjoy Nocturne because I know it's more minimalist and not character driven, which isn't the type of story I enjoy going through most of the time. So I'm kind of stuck in a rut with this series, dunno what to try or not try.

The only classic SMT game I have played has been IV. Still have to play neutral path which I did not know how to unlock. I enjyed it, but Devil Survivor is still my favorite SMT series because it is a round based strategical RPG. 

I had to sell my DeSu 1 copy because it had a massive bug. Whenever I wanted to resummon a new demon on the map, the game crashed.

The RNG screwage in my current Black Eagles run is something for the history books. Every single character refuses to level up any actually important stat. It's so atrocious I'm seriously considering just restarting the game and never touching the Black Eagles again...

This decision is made easier by several things for me: For one, you don't get to play the best battle in the game (Gronder Field 2) on either Black Eagles route; two, not picking Black Eagles means not having to put up with creepy "I stalk little girls for 'science'" Linhardt; and 3) I'm not forced to part with two of my favorite characters (i.e. Flayn and Seteth) if I choose to support Edelgard.

Thanksgiving dinner was good.: Turkey and gravy, mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, homemade rolls, corn pudding, green beans, and butternut squash. Pumpkin cupcakes and a miniature chocolate peanut butter pie for dessert.

Today, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim for PS5 released in Japan. A visual-novel & real time strategy game by Vanillaware. I'm not that familiar with their work, but they always have visually amazing hand-drawn games, and I really like Odin Sphere and Muramasa: the Demon Blade was decent. Unfortunately, I read this a few weeks ago about the game's creation.:

Spoiler

George Kamitani, director: “Atlus gave us the go-ahead in early 2013. Back then, we were still in the midst of developing Dragon’s Crown, and as you know, the original release schedule was Spring 2013, but it got delayed.

Even though I knew it wasn’t possible, I thought that if the project really did end in Spring, our company would be crushed suddenly by financial troubles, so I scrambled to come up with the next project.

I was tired out from continuously drawing event scenes for Dragon’s Crown, and what rushed into my mind was 13 Sentinels – something decidedly un-fantasy. I wanted to animate high school girls."

For the past three years, I’ve been holed up writing the entire script. It was really a despair-inducing workload. (laughs) It’s not possible to keep workers around this long, but if it’s the company president working day-in, day-out, it won’t be counted as a ‘black company’ offense. In fact, I’d say I was slightly happy that, even as the staff rested, I was slowly gaining back the time lost from delays."

Oh dear... This sounds like a case of development hell. Not helping is that 13 Sentinels isn't using the gameplay that Vanillaware has been good at- action/beat 'em ups. Visual novel isn't popular outside of Japan, and people are questioning how much real-time strategy there will be and its quality. And why are the mecha being piloted nude?

As a small company (Wikipedia gives an eight-years old dated 29 employees), this could be really bad if it flops. 

They need to start porting their classics to the PC in the West, hopefully revenue of bringing Muramasa, Dragon's Crown, and Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir would help keep them afloat.

On a totally different note...

A Kickstarter has begun for an FE fan hack that wants to be a real game- Path of the Midnight Sun. A story told from three perspectives, and gameplay the creator is calling “a mix between Fire Emblem and Etrian Odyssey“. Planned for a PC release in December next year, with the funding goals already at 50%.

Kickstarter is a land of games that succeed- Shovel Knight, games that bomb- Mighty No. 9, and shades of mediocrity in-between. Hope for the best, including a Switch port if it's any good, but expect the worst.