The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

"Grrr, Disney's ruining Star Wars again. The lightsaber duels are so unrealistic now. Grrrr, fuck Disney"

Meanwhile in Revenge of the Sith

LMAO.gif

*sigh*. If i had a dollar for every invalid Star Wars complaint, i'd be the world's first trilionare.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive me for my lack of Star Wars knowledge, but might this have something to do with lightsabers being able to cut through everything? Or if not everything, then it's the jedi/siths dressing so lightly?

55 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's actually my same listing as well. Interesting thing about Where We Used to Be though is that it's the Xenoblade theme with the most uses of it's motiff in different songs. Elysium in the Blue Sky, Elysium in the Dream, the final notes of One Last You, the World Tree theme also has it the motiff mixed in and the first theme of the final area has it as well (if you were to speed it up by 2x, it's more obvious). Xenoblade 1's main theme has it's motiff used in the final notes of Prolouge B and Shulk and Fiora. The Beginning of our Memory (the TTGC main theme) is pretty much an instrumental version of A Moment of Eternity. MONOX is the only one that doesn't have it's motiff used anywhere else though i could be wrong.

On the subject of Where We Used to Be, the reason i'd put it in last place is because it really lacks that impact that other Xenoblade main themes had. If Elysium in the Blue Sky or even Elysium in the Dream had been the main theme, i'd put it much higher. 

I didn't notice Where We Used to Be's use as a motif. I can see hear of the motif now. To be honest, it's kinda hard to remember non-battle/location tracks, due to playing infrequently, very rarely sometimes, in the course of very long games.

I do recall XC1's theme motif usage, from listening to the soundtrack that is. Torna coming first made me not realize its opening theme was so "lazy", even if it's still great. And I think you're right about MONOX not being remixed at all. 

For event music, I just feel like saying Counterattack is about as good, maybe even better, than Engage the Enemy. But I'm not 100% sure they play in exactly the same kind of moments.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 hours ago, Karimlan said:

I find myself watching a lot of stuff from the History channel (save for Ancient Aliens).

This series currently runs on one of very few channels where watching streams cost money, so no more chance to watch right now. 

Still at can watch episodes on YouTube, so no big deal. 

In Star Wars light sabers can cut down most things. Exceptions are: other light sabers and certain materials. The origin of Jedi/siths wearing robes comes from Obi Wan in a New Hope where he wore that outfit to live in the desert. Later writers thought " hey what if all forces users dressed the same way?"

Edited by Jingle Jangle

40 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I miss the time where Jedi were ninjas. The fight choreography sure has changed.

The fight choreography in the Sequels is somewhere in the middle of the OT and Prequels. Way more grounded than what the Prequels did but not as simplistic as the OT (lightsaber duels in the OT basically came down to the two combatents just trying to poke each other, with an overhead swing coming every once in a while).

Lightsaber duels in the Prequels were definitly the coolest (and The Clone Wars had some pretty sweet duels as well) but there should definitly be room for more grounded duels. At the end of the day though, complaining about how a lightsaber duel is unrealistic is pointless.

34 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, it's alright.

Soon people will be complaining about the battle in Episode XII saying IX did it better...

Oh they definitly will. People still acting like The Last Jedi is the worst movie ever made. First off, people who say that probably don't see a lot of movies. Second, it's been two years. 

I really long for the day where people who dislike the Sequels can explain with valid reasoning and not "Disney murdered my entire family".

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Forgive me for my lack of Star Wars knowledge, but might this have something to do with lightsabers being able to cut through everything? Or if not everything, then it's the jedi/siths dressing so lightly?

The Tweet i linked was complaining about how Rey and Kylo are aiming for the lightsabers and not their bodies, calling it unrealistic and bad choreography. What he failed to realize is that lightsaber duels have always been like that. Ask any sword expert what they think about lightsaber duels and they'll tell you that that it's very inaccurate to actual sword duels. Which is why i responded with a gif of the infamous moment during Anakin and Obi-Wan's duel, where they literally stop fighting and twirl their lightsabers for like four seconds.

As for lightsabers themselves, as Jingle Jangle mentioned, they cut through most things. The most notable thing that can block a lightsaber (apart from another lightsaber) is Beskar steel, which is what the armor used by the Mandalorians (as well as Jango and Boba Fett) were made of. I actually wasn't aware of the origin of Jedi/Sith clothing though.

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For event music, I just feel like saying Counterattack is about as good, maybe even better, than Engage the Enemy. But I'm not 100% sure they play in exactly the same kind of moments.

Yeah, they play two different roles. Engage the Enemy plays in more desperate situations whereas Counterattack is the opposite, playing in more hopeful situations.

Edited by Armagon

Wait, Jango and Bobba had lightsaber-blocking armor?

I guess Windu got quite lucky with that decapitation strike on Jango... and that the armor didn't had a neck guard, apparently.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

18 hours ago, Armagon said:

@DragonFlames because crossing over the series about cute girls doing alchemy with ancient Chinese warfare makes complete sense.

Whatever do you mean? It makes PERFECT sense. XD
I hope they keep the artstyles for both series intact. If it's anything like Warriors All-Stars, the clash will look hilarious. See here:
EEbrBWg.jpg
blnFi6I.jpg

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, Jango and Bobba had lightsaber-blocking armor?

I guess Windu got quite lucky with that decapitation strike on Jango... and that the armor didn't had a neck guard, apparently.

Yeah, Mandalorian armor isn't the perfect defense. Aside from the neck weakness (Ashoka in the Clone Wars decapitated four members of the Mandalorian terrorist group Death Watch with one strike), Mandalorian armor can't really defend against piercing lightsaber strikes. Strong enough projectiles can also break through. Basically, Beskar steel is really good but there are ways to overcome it. Beskar is supposed to be rare. Jango and Boba Fett aren't Mandalorians (at least not anymore but they used to be, in Legends, Boba Fett's grandaughter became the Mandalorian queen) so it's also possible that Jango's armor wasn't fully made of Beskar.

Beskar steel is also why the Mandalorians were often enemies of the Jedi Order. There was only one Mandalorian who ever got accepted into the Jedi Order and after his death, Mandalorians raided the temple during the Fall of the Old Republic and stole his lightsaber (a unique black lightsaber). That's canon btw. The Old Republic games aren't canon anymore but elements of them still show up in canon material. Makes me wonder why Old Republic was discarded given that the MMO is still fully active. Disney's reasoning for decanonizing Legends was so that they could have more freedom in making the Sequel Trilogy and new content in general but Old Republic is set thousands of years before Phantom Menace so it's not like Old Republic was interfering with anything.

I'm just rambiling at this point.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Whatever do you mean? It makes PERFECT sense. XD
I hope they keep the artstyles for both series intact. If it's anything like Warriors All-Stars, the clash will look hilarious. See here:
EEbrBWg.jpg
blnFi6I.jpg

Oh my God, that's hilarious. I knew Atelier was featured in Warriors All-Stars, but i thought the artstyle was uniform. Didn't realize they purposely kept the artstyles seperate.

Edited by Armagon

Damn, a PS4 slim with 1 TB for 199 € is obtainable on Amazon but just today.

I should have waited three more weeks.

I bought a PS4 pro with 500 GB and Fifa 2020 for 239 €, but seriously today's offer is better because I rather would have more space and spending less money instead of a game I do not really need.

However I am fairly sure 500 GB will be more than enough for me.

I do not plan to get more than a dozen of games.

Edit: Looks like it does not apply to US Amazon site unfortunately.

Edited by Zemuria

Might get Atelier Ryza and God Eater 3 for the Switch this weekend, but only if I got some cash left after payables, which include tickets to Eyehategod, New Orleans' sludge/stoner stalwarts. 

my wallet weeps continually...

Edited by Karimlan

5 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

I bought God Eater 3 (it is 40% off atm) but no space for my Switch.

40% off? and I was mulling over getting a physical copy. Thanks for the tip!

Wait... where are you from?

I only have seen it in EU e-shop.

Unfortunately I do not see a search function in US e-shop to check it out if it applies there too.

I am afraid the sale only applies to EU because the PS4 version is only off in the EU PS store.

I guess same will go for the Switch port.

Edited by Zemuria

Yeah, most of the things I'm seeing (in office, and I don't have my Switch with me--for shame XD) are EU markdowns, some of them really tempting me to login to my Nintendo account and switch over.

I forgot to mention that I also bought the first two God Eater parts too for PS4 which also are on sale (13 € for both parts (!!!)) in EU PS store right now. I played a demo of the first game since Project X Zone introduced me into this, and this was fun. 

Edited by Zemuria

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh my God, that's hilarious. I knew Atelier was featured in Warriors All-Stars, but i thought the artstyle was uniform. Didn't realize they purposely kept the artstyles seperate.

Nope, they all kept the artstyle from their home game. In my personal opinion, the game is better for it, though during the game's release, it was a point of contention, if I remember correctly.

---

Speaking of contention, I remember seeing more than a few people comparing Edelgard to a certain infamous dictator from about 80 years ago.
Well... the German version proceeds to give us this (excuse the crappy arrow):
IZwYfoo.jpg
They knew what they were doing... XD