The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

@Strullemia, how are you liking the God Eater games? Odd that the third installment gave me a (supposedly) complex weapon (dual blades, per the FAQs I've been reading) as a starter. Didn't really find it to my liking, so I switched up to a scythe lol.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, so you're paying double the price? What kind of costume is and from where you're importing to be that high?

Lucina costume (50 €) and wig (25 €) from miccostumes. It is where I purchased my Rosalina costume. Shipping costs amount 50 €, but I guess duty has not been calculated in. 

Speaking of God Eater, I Started with the first part for a very little yesterday. The gameplay meets more my favor than expected. I know it is badly described, but it looks like a fun mix of Devil May Cry and Ys

Edited by Zemuria

Still what I said before, I am new to this series (introduced by Project X Zone). I have not played too much yet to be able to say all that much. First impressions have been good, honestly better than expected. I would not even lie if I say that I am more motivated to play God Eater than Cold Steel III. CS has a similar slow start as the first part, however with a huge difference that I find early game bosses extremely difficult in normal mode, as hard as Sky 3rd is in nightmare for me. 

Edited by Zemuria

I'm a day late but I feel like mentioning Xenoblade 2's anniversary. Chuggaaconroy's playthrough was my first exposure to the series and I got the 3DS port of the first game and Xenoblade X when they released. Though I planned on getting Xenoblade 2 as soon as it was announced, I wasn't particularly "hyped" for it. I got it for Christmas, played it for a few days, then stopped at Chapter 3 (right after the fight with Vandham). After Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was announced I decided to continue my playthrough in case it ended up getting a new Xenoblade character (which it didn't, of course), and I went through the rest of the game in about a week. Now it's my favorite game ever. As a side note, the first non-trailer scene I saw was Poppi's activation, so make of that what you will.

But talking about Three Houses now, I'm right before the route split in the Black Eagles route. That is, I'm at the weekend right before the Chapter 11 battle. Edie has all her possible B-supports and she has enough support points to get the rest as soon as they become available (that is, with Byleth, Ferdinand von Aegir, Petra, Hanneman, Manuela, and Lysithea).

For my Crimson Flower playthrough I want to fight as many characters as possible for dramatic effect, so I wanted to limit the amount of students I recruit. I recruited Lorenz Hellman Gloucester, Mercedes, Marianne, and all the available faculty (Hanneman, Manuela, Shamir, and Alois). You don't fight most of them, but I made exceptions for Mercedes (for Jeritza), Shamir (because she has an A-support with Hubert), and Alois (because I don't want to kill him and because he already has a C-support with Byleth, so I thought it made sense for him to side with them over the Church). I didn't recruit Lysithea during Part I because she's free later, but again I made sure that she already has enough support points with Edelgard to get their B-support.

In other news, I downloaded the Dragon Quest XI S demo to see if it's worth getting and for some reason I read the options text in the noble voice of Ferdinand von Aegir. The protagonist's default name is Eleven, according to Sakurai at least, but I called him Light instead. I prefer default names for avatars if they have one, but if they don't I usually call them Light or sometimes my real name.

@Interdimensional Observer regarding those spoilers

Spoiler

Dickson and Zanza explain that there was no actual reason for why Zanza chose Shulk (though Zanza later says that he did it because of a vision he had so it's kinda contradictary).

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is the postgame operating under the assumption of just 99 (not there yet) + maxed Affinity Charts + great Aux Cores I haven't made yet, or is it calling for these NG+ expanded Driver Affinity Charts too?

Post-game is pretty much just get to Lv.99. You don't need maxed Affinity or the best Aux Cores. And since the stupid-ass level penalties from Xenoblade 1 don't exist, you can take on things before reaching Lv.99. The Land of Challenge might want a bit more from you but generally, the post-game requirements in this game aren't as high as in 1 or X.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've begun Soma Bringer after testing the startup menu months ago. My first character I wanted to play it safe with, so I went with Corps using Sword and Shield for durability. Because I liked the little bio description and his appearance, I picked Einsatz as my character. I've completed the First Act.

I actually wonder if the story changes with the character you pick. I didn't play that far but i did pick Weld as my character.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Soma Bringer looks colorful, the music suffices, the plot is fine if no Xeno so far (but are Visitors supposed to be Gnosis-inspired?), and the characters are inoffensive. I'm liking it.

Yeah, i think the Visitors are Gnosis-inspired (this game was released in 2008 so not long after 2006's Xenosaga III). How similar they are, i have no idea.

45 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

The protagonist's default name is Eleven, according to Sakurai at least, but I called him Light instead. I prefer default names for avatars if they have one, but if they don't I usually call them Light or sometimes my real name.

With Eleven's title being the Luminary and you calling him Light, he's effectively Light the Luminary.

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I actually wonder if the story changes with the character you pick. I didn't play that far but i did pick Weld as my character.

It seems like it doesn't, the opening narrative did begin with Welt climbing a cliff for me, even though I had chosen Einsatz. Nothing so far (I'm into Act 2 now) shows any particular focus on Einsatz, the whole of Pharzuph Division 7 is getting attention.

Einsatz does do a good chunk of talking, but that would seem to be because he is the captain of the group, no other reason. Welt and especially Idea the amnesia girl are getting plenty of attention too. Everyone else is getting less spotlight and dialogue, with Granada the maid lady getting absolutely nothing notable.

37 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, i think the Visitors are Gnosis-inspired (this game was released in 2008 so not long after 2006's Xenosaga III). How similar they are, i have no idea.

I'll keep you updated on them, whenever the game reveals more. Like why don't these things possess humans? Thats something one PC brought up.

Also, it turns out I had no reason to worry about Abilities investments, I didn't pick up on it at first, but it turns out you can remove AP from skills and reinsert it other Abilities any time at absolutely no cost. Stat points are still unchangeable, which for a Corps means I should pick between physical or magical damage, but otherwise I'm free to experiment, not just with Sword & Shield and Support, but Spears too. This is great. I shouldn't try flipping around AP mid-fight though, since even when paused, enemies can attack me, therefore forcing me to leave the menu.

EK0HtohXYAESwb5?format=jpg&name=medium

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

That swimming person be like
OMG-NOT-AGAIN.jpg

The rule of Xenoblade X:

5dd.png

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Also, it turns out I had no reason to worry about Abilities investments, I didn't pick up on it at first, but it turns out you can remove AP from skills and reinsert it other Abilities any time at absolutely no cost. Stat points are still unchangeable, which for a Corps means I should pick between physical or magical damage, but otherwise I'm free to experiment, not just with Sword & Shield and Support, but Spears too. This is great. I shouldn't try flipping around AP mid-fight though, since even when paused, enemies can attack me, therefore forcing me to leave the menu.

Yeah, i remember liking Soma Bringer's battle mechanics. I think you can see how it's kinda a prototype Xenoblade, though clearly not the same. 

If DeSume wasn't laggy for me, i definitly would've kept playing this game.

Edited by Armagon

Final Fantasy 7 (dropped) 

This is me. 

Seriously I have not enjoyed one single game by Square Enix yet. 

Neither any Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest game, nor Bravely Default and Octopath Traveler could impress me in the slightest. I quitted them all early by losing against some bullshit early game bosses. In Octopath Traveler it was even the very first boss I could not overcome.  

Also my list of completed games for this year is extremly short:

• Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition
  • Trails in the Sky FC
  • Trails in the Sky SC
  • Trails in the Sky 3rd
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses (all routes aside of Church, Golden Deers and Black Eagles in maddening) 
Edited by Zemuria

1ea1b72.jpg

Xenoblade X fans are on a whole different planet

12 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

Octopath Traveler could impress me in the slightest. I quitted them all early by losing against some bullshit early game bosses. In Octopath Traveler it was even the very first boss I could not overcome.  

Man, Octopath Traveler was a game i really wanted to enjoy but i think it took the old-school RPG thing too seriously. Visually, the game looks gorgeous and eight different stories sounds interesting. The problem came down to the battle system. It is not desgined for solo. I played the demo (both of them) and i tried Primrose's route first and i could not get past that boss at all. It's just a massive HP sponge and imagine it's the same for all the support-based characters.

The other nail in the coffin is that there's barely no interaction between the eight characters and for a character driven game, that's pretty bad.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

The rule of Xenoblade X:

5dd.png

It was so liberating to see them zapped to pieces with a single use of Aghasura Cannon as soon as I got my Ares 90. The threat vanished, a rarefied metallic giant that would in any Xeno world constitute a dire encounter for the majority of lifeforms, became dull and common as I slaughtered them over and over for their parts.

Not that I truly needed an Ares to do that, since I discovered that slaying Xe-doms on foot is entirely possible. Setup setup setup.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Xenoblade X fans are on a whole different planet

And to think I have only about ~160 hours IIRC on file. I'm probably approaching similar on XC2. Although any replay of XCX would be a heckuva lot shorter, even without an NG+ being available, since I can see myself cutting through the fat a lot easier.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Man, Octopath Traveler was a game i really wanted to enjoy but i think it took the old-school RPG thing too seriously.

I managed to play it completion, but I felt like I had to force myself to do so at points. And I didn't even go for the boss-rush + superboss that must be finished to truly understand everything that happens. I also got the hidden classes that let me cheese the final chapter bosses, not caring I passed by possibly fun challenges by doing so.

Octopath Traveler really was too archaic and too simple for me. Archaic RPGs I can manage, if they are actually old games. DQIV, originally an NES game, I could sincerely enjoy on the DS decades later, OT didn't have that age excuse. I much preferred the Bravely games, even though they ran into their own issues, Bravely Second being a smoother gameplay experience than the first.

Farming the Deimos Sauros in XC2 makes me realize getting to 99 won't take very long at all. Took like 15 minutes to get from 76 to 80, and I have enough Inn EXP to get to 90-91. That makes me happy, I need something to play between rechargings of my laptop. Not that I really have postgame goals, for there isn't a Miran Survey equivalent to complete (which I can certainly finish once I muster the will to get materials for augments for Telethia hunting). I just want every non-NG+ Rare Blade and to do their Quests and HtHs, and then to futz around with fighting some of the UMs and challenge battles.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

EK0HtohXYAESwb5?format=jpg&name=medium

The rule of Xenoblade X:

5dd.png

So, these things are as nasty as they appear to be, yeah? XD

---

In other news, I finally found a way to play FE5. Getting an emulator to install on Linux is a hassle and a half, especially because the Rom just refused to run until I got the right one. Linux and PC gaming are NOT friends, I tell you.
Anyway, having to jump through hoops, spin around and bark three times to even get the thing to run aside, I completed Chapter 2x and I must say, I'm enjoying myself quite a bit so far. One thing I definitely didn't see coming was getting powerful weapons like a Brave Lance and a Brave Axe in Chapter 1. That's kind of awesome, actually.

While I want to play the game as blindly as possible, I do have a question for the FE5 veterans out there: How abundantly should I (ab)use the Capture command? So far, I mainly used it to acquire Vulneraries and some different weapons for Finn, Orsin, Tania and Dagdar.

Speaking of units, one of the more intriguing ones so far is Marty. The guy comes with 0 Skill and 0 Speed. Along with his face that says "the elevator doesn't reach the top floor in this house", this reeks of joke character.
I almost got him killed in Chapter 2x, too, because I constantly forgot to move him and underestimated the abundance of reinforcements on that map. Thank goodness Eyvel and Finn have rather high movement, or else the Marty Party would have been over really, really quickly.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

So, these things are as nasty as they appear to be, yeah? XD

They usually carry a few Gravity attacks. Which until the postgame, is really bad for your Skells (mecha), since prior to the postgame ones, they all have negative Gravity resistance by default. Fortunately, except for the sleeping ones (which after the first you won't find yourself falling for), the Xe-doms that do exist leave you alone like the tiny ants your are on foot, they'll only attempt to squash you in a Skell.

While I want to play the game as blindly as possible, I do have a question for the FE5 veterans out there: How abundantly should I (ab)use the Capture command? So far, I mainly used it to acquire Vulneraries and some different weapons for Finn, Orsin, Tania and Dagdar.

You're never ever going to get any items that exist solely to be sold for money, or actual funds. You must Capture to obtain all the weapons you will need barring chests and villages. Not saying you must capture everyone, but if it isn't a hassle that interferes too much with your overall plan, you should try to take whatever enemies you can. Stuff you don't need you can sell for a handful of funds. 

Speaking of units, one of the more intriguing ones so far is Marty. The guy comes with 0 Skill and 0 Speed. Along with his face that says "the elevator doesn't reach the top floor in this house", this reeks of joke character.

Even jokes can be salvaged in FE5, and you'll see why, in time.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And to think I have only about ~160 hours IIRC on file. I'm probably approaching similar on XC2. Although any replay of XCX would be a heckuva lot shorter, even without an NG+ being available, since I can see myself cutting through the fat a lot easier.

I don't even know how one reaches 7000+ hours. My 476 hours in Xenoblade 2 is dollar store change compared to that. 

But what impresses me is that they did the math. They could've just posted the 7000 hours and left but no, they math'd that out. I respect that.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Archaic RPGs I can manage, if they are actually old games.

Yeah same. I try to play old RPGs with the mindset of if i was playing them when it came out because obviously it's gonna be dated.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

In other news, I finally found a way to play FE5. Getting an emulator to install on Linux is a hassle and a half, especially because the Rom just refused to run until I got the right one. Linux and PC gaming are NOT friends, I tell you.
Anyway, having to jump through hoops, spin around and bark three times to even get the thing to run aside, I completed Chapter 2x and I must say, I'm enjoying myself quite a bit so far. One thing I definitely didn't see coming was getting powerful weapons like a Brave Lance and a Brave Axe in Chapter 1. That's kind of awesome, actually.

I wish you the best of luck, my friend. You already know my opinions on Thracia but hopefully you can enjoy it more than i did.

So these things are as nasty as they appear to be, yeah? XD

To add what Interdimensional Observer said, the particular one in the video is a Tyrant, which is basically an optional boss. Because of that distinction, it'll attack regardless whereas normal Xe-doms only attack Skells (and if you're a certain number of levels stronger than it, they'll leave you alone regardless).

My general rule is capture what you want. And if it's too risky, then don't bother. It's up to you on how much you want to abuse it.
The only thing I would really go out of my way to capture are staves (Physic, warp, some rewarp, status staves, etc.) because staves are amazing and make your life so much easier in this game.
Other than that just mainly capture what you want.

50 minutes ago, Armagon said:

To add what Interdimensional Observer said, the particular one in the video is a Tyrant, which is basically an optional boss.

Interestingly, the Xe-doms have a naming convention for 3/4 of their Tyrants:

• Go-rha, the Guardian Deity
  • Nu-rhor, the Dark Deity
  • Gi-zho, the Iron Deity
  • Du-rha, the Imprisoned

Not sure why they didn't slap "Deity" at the end of Du-rha's name, an "Imprisoned Deity" would make total sense.

---

@DragonFlames If Thracia doesn't work out for you (understandable), may I suggest giving TearRing Saga a try? Not calling it the best game ever, but it's a solid FE. It's easy to discount it as not being one if you haven't played it, but...

Tear-Ring-Saga-English-patched-v1-04-201

does this look at all pleasing to you? Or familiar? Her Str & Spd are capped by the way. Never mind her AS, the Chu-no-ku/Gatling Bow is extraordinarily heavy, the price that comes for being a bow that naturally quadruples. She started at level 3.

Not too hard (if anything it's on the easy side), no status staffs belonging to the enemy, some access to grinding if you want to train up people. Still dated in ways, support conversations weren't invented yet, but I found it enjoyable.

My one reason for hesitating it as a total recommendation for you is that the co-lord Holmes, well the positive way to spin it is he is refreshingly different from all the goodie-two-shoes lords had been up to this point (pre-FE6). The critical way is to call him a bow-toting jerk. He's no pervert at all though he showed more interest in Shigen than Katri if you ask me.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Why did I just buy a PS4!? 

Seriously I will sell my PS4 copy of CSIII and buy the Switch version because I prefer playing outside on a handheld because of flexibility. If someone here is interested in my CSIII copy, I will sell it for a low price (30 €). 

Edited by Zemuria