The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

In this week’s issue of Famitsu, the Japanese magazine asked producer Tomoya Asano about the possibility of a Bravely Third. Asano said in response, as translated by Nintendo Everything:

“I do have a concept for it. I haven’t nailed down the particulars intentionally, so it could even be a smartphone game. Maybe I’ll have the opportunity to make it in the future if fans support the series.”

Don't. Even. Think. About. THAT!

You apologized and called Bravely Second a mistake? Is your idea of atonement for your dog defecating on my lawn dosing it in petrol and setting it on fire? Because thats what it sounds like. I don't even think BS was a real mistake, has strengths and weaknesses vs. BD for sure, but it's at least it's equal.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

This is sad lol. It's not on you, but it's still sad haha

I believe that.
Sorry to bring these up all the time, but the Cold Steel games don't even acknowledge his existence at all.
Up to and including CS3, they let you play as Lloyd, talk about his deeds, they talk about who Estelle is, what she did, and show her in a flashback. With Kevin, it seems like they kinda went "lolwho?"

This is like if Atelier Lulua didn't have either Totori or Meruru in it and didn't even bother to bring them up.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh it gets weirder. Spoilers, but you're already past the point that it happened (so the spoiler warning is more directed to people who haven't played Xenoblade 2)

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20200415_192006.jpg?width=766&height

Two Ahkoses

IMG_20200415_192008.jpg?width=766&height

Two Mikhails.

And yes, there can be two Patrokas. NG+ lets you summon the members of Torna and their Blades. Only ones you can't summon though are Jin and Malos. And if you count Jin being one of the main playable characters in Torna ~ The Golden Country, this means that Malos is the only member of Torna who isn't playable under any capacity.

Xenoblade NG+ has pretty much been "ok you beat the game, now you get to fuck around, continuity be damned". Especially true in Xenoblade 2 as the NG+ Blades have Heart-to-Hearts. Yes, the heroes and villains get to have genuine friendly chats. 

Okay, this is amazing. XD

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You apologized and called Bravely Second a mistake? Is your idea of atonement for your dog defecating on my lawn dosing it in petrol and setting it on fire? Because thats what it sounds like. I don't even think BS was a real mistake, has strengths and weaknesses vs. BD for sure, but it's at least it's equal.

B-But I loved Bravely Second...

---

Since I can't decide on a definitive top 5 either (except my #1 being Lucia from Nights of Azure 2), here are some more top 5 game music candidates:
Quiet Howl - Dynasty Warriors 8 (or what I consider to be the Silver Snow theme)
The Inherited Fang - Dynasty Warriors 8 (the Verdant Wind theme)
Beyond the Destiny - Dynasty Warriors 8 (the Crimson Flower theme)
Trio the Beryl - Dynasty Warriors 8 (the Azure Moon theme, and my favorite track out of the four)
Nefertiti - Atelier Meruru (cute girl does alchemy gone metal)
Lady Crimson - Nights of Azure (you know a game's soundtrack is going to be something special if this is one of the first tracks you'll hear)
Will be Venus - Megadimension Neptunia VII (When a parody game's transformation theme can make you emotional)
Phronesis - Atelier Sophie (nice and calming. This is a song I like to listen to when I feel down)
Death Match With Torna - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (easily my favorite song from that game. Granted, I haven't finished it yet, but this track will stick with me
終撃のイグニト feat riya(eufonius)- 7th Dragon III Code: VFD (don't even ask me what that title translates to, because I have no idea. Love this song, though. One of the best)
(You could also throw any vocal song from Stella Glow in here and I'd say "yeah, this most definitely belongs here". Especially Levia)

Edited by DragonFlames

35 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sorry to bring these up all the time

Nah, the fault lies with me. I've been acting like a salty dillusioned old Shrimp for a while.

It's just, Crossbell games brought me back to Trails again, and reminded me why i love the classic titles so much...

and why i absolutely can't accept the modern titles.

Me being back into Trails brought me also back to the Falcom community. That + Lockdown = Paticipating in Falcom Civil war 24/7. Newcomers vs. Oldies, Elitists vs. Waifufags, ''It has always been this way'' argueménts, ''Harem actually good writing'', Elitists posting character designs/outfits from CS4 (which are straight outta Hentai game. I don't mind fanservice. I don't want them in my serious stories.), newbies calling every critic 'senseless hate', Elitists going 'I wish the series ended', etc.

Sounds familiar, no? Because that's exactly how FE fanbase was like a few years ago. So it's all been getting to me...

I think i should stop...

Sorry xD

39 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Nah, the fault lies with me. I've been acting like a salty dillusioned old Shrimp for a while.

It's just, Crossbell games brought me back to Trails again, and reminded me why i love the classic titles so much...

and why i absolutely can't accept the modern titles.

Me being back into Trails brought me also back to the Falcom community. That + Lockdown = Paticipating in Falcom Civil war 24/7. Newcomers vs. Oldies, Elitists vs. Waifufags, ''It has always been this way'' argueménts, ''Harem actually good writing'', Elitists posting character designs/outfits from CS4 (which are straight outta Hentai game. I don't mind fanservice. I don't want them in my serious stories.), newbies calling every critic 'senseless hate', Elitists going 'I wish the series ended', etc.

Sounds familiar, no? Because that's exactly how FE fanbase was like a few years ago. So it's all been getting to me...

I think i should stop...

Sorry xD

It's fine, don't worry about it. I know what that's like (only with Pokémon instead of Trails).
And to be honest, even I thought Fie's and especially Alisa's outfits were a little bit too ridiculous in CS3, especially compared to almost everyone else.

And I do see some blame with me, too, because it probably doesn't help that some guy on a completely unrelated forum is constantly (even if not purposefully, I assure you) rubbing salt into the wound.

Edited by DragonFlames

31 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Fie's

That one is extra bad. They butchered my fav. CS girl's outfit. WTH Falcom.

And while i love Fie, this meme is sadly true

Spoiler

Fie_Claussell_Sucks.png

It's worse when you consider this amazing outfit was a concept

Spoiler

Best_Fie_Concept_Sen3.PNG

Also, here are some CS4 costumes (NSFW-ish)

Spoiler

Alisa the S&M Star
The-Legend-of-Heroes-Trails-of-Cold-Stee

Rean and his ''Magical Girl'' Harem. Altina's Lock :'D
w3Hjehq.png

It sure is quite hot Emma for you to be walking like that
SPOILER_Wowza_unspoilered.jpg

I don't mind Swimsuits (some of them are quite cool actually, and is a genre staple anyway), but these outfits are Y I K E S. 

Might as well not Half-ass it and go full Iffy, Falcom.

Yes, optional and all, but i'd rather Falcom spend their limited resources somewhere else.

And I do see some blame with me, too, because it probably doesn't help that some guy on a completely unrelated forum is constantly (even if not purposefully, I assure you) rubbing salt into the wound.

nah. As far as CS newbies go, you are actually reasonable and don't just stamp everything off as needless hate xD

Edited by Shrimperor

27 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Reveal hidden contents

Alisa the S&M Star
The-Legend-of-Heroes-Trails-of-Cold-Stee

Rean and his ''Magical Girl'' Harem. Altina's Lock :'D
w3Hjehq.png

It sure is quite hot Emma for you to be walking like that
SPOILER_Wowza_unspoilered.jpg

I don't mind Swimsuits (some of them are quite cool actually, and is a genre staple anyway), but these outfits are Y I K E S. 

Might as well not Half-ass it and go full Iffy, Falcom.

Yes, optional and all, but i'd rather Falcom spend their limited resources somewhere else.

Okay, yeah, this is bad. Like, really bad.
I mean, if they have to have different costumes (which I don't necessarily mind) couldn't they have rather made ones that reflect the characters' personality or combat style better? Or fit some kind of cool theme?

This is why I only rarely buy any kind of costume DLC, even in other games, because it's usually just ridiculous fanservice-y stuff that doesn't fit the theme of the game instead of some cool, aesthetically awesome ones (I like the different costume options in Megadimension VII that are basically just color swaps of the standard character outfits. Or how Neptune can switch between her normal clothing and her Victory/Re;Birth 3 dress. THAT is good stuff (not to mention it's all in the game already, no DLC required)).

As you rightfully said, there's a time and place for everything and Trails is certainly not the place nor the time for stuff like that.

nah. As far as CS newbies go, you are actually reasonable and don't just stamp everything off as needless hate xD

Thank you!
The way I see it, your dislike for CS is justified. I can agree with many of the arguments you make against it, even if I don't feel as strongly about some of them (i.e. I don't exactly hate Rean, though he isn't my favorite part of the games, either).

It's worse when you consider this amazing outfit was a concept

Reveal hidden contents

Best_Fie_Concept_Sen3.PNG

Couldn't they rather have gone with this?

Edited by DragonFlames

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Okay, yeah, this is bad. Like, really bad.

Here's better: Male students only get 1 extra outfit :'D

During the final Bonding events in CS4, everyone is voiced...except Rean :'D

It couldn't be more obvious what Falcom was going for with that.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

As you rightfully said, there's a time and place for everything and Trails is certainly not the place nor the time for stuff like that.

Yup! You already know that i've no problem with it and what kinda games i play (just yesterday we were talking about Stella Glow lol, and just look at my pfp) but there's time and place for everything.

If you want Fanservice in a serious/realistic/war setting, it should be the classy type, not the hentai type. It just super takes me out of the game when a War is going on and the someone like Camilla appears lmao.

Fates had the exact same problem. Hentai type Fanservice everywhere lol.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

(I like the different costume options in Megadimension VII that are basically just color swaps of the standard character outfits. Or how Neptune can switch between her normal clothing and her Victory/Re;Birth 3 dress. THAT is good stuff (not to mention it's all in the game already, no DLC required)).

Good stuff was also the different costumes for the makers that represent the company's Series. MAGES. having different outfitst from Steins;Gate, Falcom getting Trails/Ys outfits, etc.

Now that's the good stuff. And is you said you could get them in game.

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Here's better: Male students only get 1 extra outfit :'D

During the final Bonding events in CS4, everyone is voiced...except Rean :'D

It couldn't be more obvious what Falcom was going for with that.

Oh man... XD
Wasn't it like that for the final bonding events in CS2 as well?

Yup! You already know that i've no problem with it and what kinda games i play (just yesterday we were talking about Stella Glow lol, and just look at my pfp) but there's time and place for everything.

If you want Fanservice in a serious/realistic/war setting, it should be the classy type, not the hentai type. It just super takes me out of the game when a War is going on and the someone like Camilla appears lmao.

Fates had the exact same problem. Hentai type Fanservice everywhere lol.

*nod, nod*

Though even within Stella Glow, I gotta say, I prefer Hilda's second outfit she gets when you complete her tuning events to her standard one. It just looks prettier, I think.
Miss the hat, though.

Good stuff was also the different costumes for the makers that represent the company's Series. MAGES. having different outfitst from Steins;Gate, Falcom getting Trails/Ys outfits, etc.

Now that's the good stuff. And is you said you could get them in game.

Definitely. Loved the little detail of Falcom appearing once as Estelle and in another game as Adol.
Fanservice or no, the outfits and changes thereof in Iffy's games at least make sense in the context of their respective stories and worlds (and at least have some sense of fashionable to them).

And then Mary Skelter comes along and makes that stuff legitimately terrifying (fanservice warning):

8o9sajm.jpg

Edited by DragonFlames

Wasn't it like that for the final bonding events in CS2 as well?

...not on PC. Although PC had alot of extra Voice lines (5000+ iirc), so they could've added that.

Though even within Stella Glow, I gotta say, I prefer Hilda's second outfit she gets when you complete her tuning events to her standard one. It just looks prettier, I think.

it definetly is prettier haha.

Miss the hat, though.

#TeamWitchHat

Definitely. Loved the little detail of Falcom appearing once as Estelle and in another game as Adol.

https://i.imgur.com/Y3imLWR.jpg

Adol x Estelle is the one True otp xD

Fanservice or no, the outfits and changes thereof in Iffy's games at least make sense in the context of their respective stories and worlds (and at least have some sense of fashionable to them).

And tbf, it's kinda their thing, ya know? The whole fanservice/comedy/parody thing.

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:
...not on PC. Although PC had alot of extra Voice lines (5000+ iirc), so they could've added that.

Interesting.
I played the game on the Vita and I remember him being completely unvoiced during the bonding events.
Though they did advertise the rereleases with more voice lines than the originals (on PS4, too), now that I think about it.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

#TeamWitchHat

I can get behind that. XD

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Adol x Estelle is the one True otp xD

Move over, Joshua, Estelle got a new man.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And tbf, it's kinda their thing, ya know? The whole fanservice thing.

That, too.
And it's (usually) the classy type, too (see Dragon Star, for example).

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Move over, Joshua, Estelle got a new man.

image?_version=00_09_000&platform=chihir

Rean can have that XXD

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And it's (usually) the classy type, too (see Dragon Star, for example).

It depends on the game tbh. Dragon star is by far their least fanservicey game tbf xD

They have stuff like Moero chronicles that is wew, and afaik Mary Skelter is Iffy fanservice full force lol

Edited by Shrimperor

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

image?_version=00_09_000&platform=chihir

Rean can have that XXD

YES!

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It depends on the game tbh. Dragon star is by far their least fanservicey game tbf xD

True.
It is also one of their most serious, story-wise, and a damn good one in general.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

They have stuff like Moero chronicles that guess wew, and afaik Mary Skelter is Iffy fanservice full force lol

Never heard of the former, can confirm for the latter.
Though the Iffy fanservice in the latter is confined to the character events and (arguably, since it's more scary than fanservice-y to me) Blood Skelter Mode, the latter of which you'll never see if you're careful enough (I had the misfortune of seeing it three times in one battle, after which the Game Over screen happily greeted me).

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Blood Skelter Mode, the latter of which you'll never see if you're careful enough (I had the misfortune of seeing it three times in one battle, after which the Game Over screen happily greeted me).

Edgy fanservice? xD

Anyway, time for some Fate memes

0yi6Ma0.jpg

Reminder that Rin & Sakura are the only ones younger than 18 here

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Edgy fanservice? xD

Horror fanservice. XD

Speaking of Fate, I know someone in my university who hates the "people die when they are killed" guy almost as much as you hate you-know-who.

0yi6Ma0.jpg

Kirei on the Cute bracket.
... I see nothing wrong with this.

Edited by DragonFlames

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Speaking of Fate, I know someone in my university who hates the "people die when they are killed" guy almost as much as you hate you-know-who.

Let me guess

He loves the edgy father instead? XD

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Kirei on the Cute bracket.
... I see nothing wrong with this.

Nothins says as cute as much as a Yorokobe saying priest

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Let me guess

He loves the edgy father instead? XD

Yes.
Better than Shinji, I guess.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Nothins says as cute as much as a Yorokobe saying priest

Absolutely.

Especially if said priest has the same Japanese voice as one of the most morally corrupt villains in the Tales franchise, i.e. Van from Tales of the Abyss. Doubly so because I watched the Tales of the Abyss anime adaptation very shortly after first seeing the Fate/Stay Night one, so I recognized his voice immediately.
It's so damn fitting that it's these two who are voiced by the same guy.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yes

I knew it xD

And now i am getting fate civil war flashbacks

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Especially if said priest has the same Japanese voice as one of the most morally corrupt villains in the Tales franchise, i.e. Van from Tales of the Abyss. Doubly so because I watched the Tales of the Abyss anime adaptation very shortly after first seeing the Fate/Stay Night one, so I recognized his voice immediately.
It's so damn fitting that it's these two who are voiced by the same guy.

He's also osbro's jp va

Absolutely fitting

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Sorry to bring these up all the time, but the Cold Steel games don't even acknowledge his existence at all.
Up to and including CS3, they let you play as Lloyd, talk about his deeds, they talk about who Estelle is, what she did, and show her in a flashback. With Kevin, it seems like they kinda went "lolwho?"

Tbf, Kevin is part of the Gralsritter, a.k.a the church secret service, so it does make a bit of sense that he isn't brought up as much. Although Phantasma is brought up in CS3, which is where Sky the 3rd takes place.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

And to be honest, even I thought Fie's and especially Alisa's outfits were a little bit too ridiculous in CS3, especially compared to almost everyone else.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

And while i love Fie, this meme is sadly true

I'm surprised about Fie. Cause like, Alisa's new outfit, i understand and agree the grievences. It was almost good but the zipper ruins it (why is there a zipper on the front? It's not a jacket) but Fie's, i didn't really think anything was particularly wrong with it. 

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

They turned Altina into Uni for real lmaooooo.

Yeah, i don't think i like those outfits. I know Magical Girl Alisa is a thing (and there's even gonna be a 3rd-esque minigame based on that in Hajimari) but it feels out of place seeing characters dress up as magical girls in-universe.

I will say though that i do like the big Osborne heads that you can make everyone wear. Cause it's so stupid-looking and it's reminiscent of the classic "big head cheat codes" that exist in older games that i love it.

35 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Edgy fanservice? xD

0yi6Ma0.jpg

Wait, i thought they were all 18+. You mean to tell me some are not?

That reminds me of a recent Fate talk i had as the perspective from someone who isn't into Fate. I asked someone why Rin and Ishtar look the same minus the clothing and they hit me with the "no they actually are the same, Ishtar is just possesing Rin's body" and that simultanously made more and less sense. And don't even get me started with Ereshkagal.

The only things i know about Fate are that it has some sweet character designs, they turned Jack the Ripper into a loli and it's simultanously more and less convoluted than Kingdom Hearts.

Hmph

I had to restart Azure because the story did not progress although I completed and reported all quests.

In day 2 of chapter 1 Fran did not call me after reporting the last quest, the pom minigame (btw it's like Kirby Avalanche).

Im my second run I did the quests in a different order.

This time it worked, and Fran called.

The second difference was that I did the fight against Wald with Wazy, but I'm certain it's optional.

Hopefully it'll be the only time I have to redo this game...

Replaying the first 2,5 h for a 40 h game doesn't sound too bad, but it's still 2,5 h.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait, i thought they were all 18+. You mean to tell me some are not?

The only one who is 18 is Illya (loli homunculus), Rin is 16/17, Sakura 15/16, Saber who knows how old stuck in her 15 year old body.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The only things i know about Fate are that it has some sweet character designs, they turned Jack the Ripper into a loli and it's simultanously more and less convoluted than Kingdom Hearts.

Sounds about right. Especially the whole mess that is FGO.

And yeah, everything gets genderbendered.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hey, be nice to Kingdom Hearts, it's done nothing wrong.

42 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

He's also osbro's jp va

Absolutely fitting

So Osborne = Kirei = Van
Yep, that checks out. Osborne and Kirei even look kinda similar.

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tbf, Kevin is part of the Gralsritter, a.k.a the church secret service, so it does make a bit of sense that he isn't brought up as much. Although Phantasma is brought up in CS3, which is where Sky the 3rd takes place.

If he is part of that group, they could have at least had the decency of mentioning him (or even have him appear) in the CS3 scenes that specifically deal with them. But Falcom was like "nah".

33 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The only one who is 18 is Illya (loli homunculus), Rin is 16/17, Sakura 15/16, Saber who knows how old stuck in her 15 year old body.

wat

---

Q4QFDgB.jpg

Neptunia x Mary Skelter when?