• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done it! I beat them at exactly ten turns! The reward was... something, hahaha.

Nothing else to do but just go beat the new final boss. Started so well... then went slightly south at the end. Pft. Thankfully, Zing decided to cooperate... and I still had a couple Yggdrasil Leaves lying around.

So that's it. Done with Dragon Quest IV. Not that many loose ends left. Filling up the last entries of the Bestiary maybe, or get those Liquid Metal Helms, but nah. I consider the game cleared.

Coming up next, Dragon Quest V. Oh boy, I was looking forward to that. However, that will be for another day...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

The fact that the Oxygen Destroyer was used in KotM does allow Destoroyah to fit in. I think it'll also be interesting to see a more artificial Kaiju in the MonsterVerse, where all the other Kaiju are portrayed as these mythic beings that have existed for thousands of millenia.

Although a toy leak regarding Godzilla vs Kong seems to confirm that

Reveal hidden contents

MechaGodzilla will be in so there's our artificial Kaiju

which makes sense given the credit teases.

Assuming the toy stuff is accurate...

Spoiler

Including Mechagodzilla makes sense since he's the most iconic Toho kaiju not already in the MonsterVerse. Every Mechagodzilla is unique in terms of design, origin, and abilities so I'm interested in seeing what they do with him. Anime Mechagodzilla has a ton of weapons and abilities that never got used, makes you wonder why they bothered.

If Mechagodzilla is an antagonist, then I think he will be constructed by Monarch but hijacked by a group of villainous humans (who may or may not be associated with the villainous humans in KotM).

I suppose I'll predict how Godzilla vs. Kong will go:

Spoiler
  • Kong will fight another Titan (not Godzilla) early on to show the audience how much stronger he's gotten since K:SI (could be Rodan or a new Titan)
  • Godzilla and Kong will meet each other at Skull Island about halfway through, and they might fight for a bit but the conflict will be cut short and Godzilla will leave.
  • Though the machinations of a villainous group of humans, Skull Island will be destroyed and sink into the ocean. Kong will witness it and will be enraged and heartbroken at the loss of his home. Circumstances lead him to be angry at Godzilla in particular, and Kong goes after him to get revenge.
  • Godzilla and Kong will confront each other again near the climax. Due to Skull Island's destruction, Kong's out for blood this time, and this is when the big smackdown happens. A new threat will attempt to eliminate them both, and Kong realizes that Godzilla is not at fault for Skull Island's fate. They team up to destroy the new enemy.
  • Godzilla and Kong emerge victorious, but Godzilla is grievously wounded. Before he leaves to hibernate, Godzilla passes the torch of King of the Monsters to Kong so he can keep the other Titans in check until he returns (Godzilla can recover earlier than expected if Legendary wants to make more movies involving him). Ads specify that "one will fall" but that doesn't mean one will defeat the other.

I don't expect this to be fully accurate but maybe I got some things right. I would also like for Rodan and Mothra to be present in some capacity, but that depends on if they can be implemented into the plot properly.

Edited by Lightchao42

The sky is downright gorgeous tonight.
It reminds me that I really want to go stargazing again.

39 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah. Getting actions faster is too good

Indeed it is.
It can also somewhat counteract delay resulting from stronger skills, which is particularly useful for any caster you might have if such a mechanic is present.

On the topic of casters with strong spells, one note on CS3 from a total noob: I can recommend getting the Art Albion Wolf (it's the highest level Mirage Art in CS3) on at least one caster you might use (best on those with a focus on Mirage-type Arts, obviously). Aesthetically, it's my absolute favorite skill in the CS games and it's really strong, too: it removes all buffs from enemies before applying the damage.

Edited by DragonFlames

47 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

So apparently an angry developer at Naughty Dog has been leaking big story moments from The Last of Us 2.

That's one way to get fired.

Mmm yeah. I don't agree with the motive but i understand it, given that Naughty Dog treats it's employeers like shit.

That said, there's something ironic about how Sony fanboys were praising TLOU 2 as if it were the second coming of Christ only to turn around and hate it because of the leaks.

22 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Assuming the toy stuff is accurate...

Spoiler

MechaGodzilla being constructed by Monarch does make sense. The news in the credits seems to suggest so too. Plus, it does make sense as Monarch does use some classic Toho weaponry: Outpost 54 is armed with Maser Cannons.

Also

I wish they didn't bother with the anime trilogy too.

I didn't mention it before but just like Anime Ghidorah, Anime MechaGodzilla feels like a bastardization of the character. I mean, the idea of a MechaGodzilla made out of nanomachines (they say nanometal but what's the difference) that can fight by morphing (think how Tony Stark with his nanomachine suits fights) is cool but they really botched it, because all we got was a lame city.

Yeah the anime trilogy still makes me angry.

I suppose I'll predict how Godzilla vs. Kong will go:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Kong will fight another Titan (not Godzilla) early on to show the audience how much stronger he's gotten since K:SI (could be Rodan or a new Titan)
  • Godzilla and Kong will meet each other at Skull Island about halfway through, and they might fight for a bit but the conflict will be cut short and Godzilla will leave.
  • Though the machinations of a villainous group of humans, Skull Island will be destroyed and sink into the ocean. Kong will witness it and will be enraged and heartbroken at the loss of his home. Circumstances lead him to be angry at Godzilla in particular, and Kong goes after him to get revenge.
  • Godzilla and Kong will confront each other again near the climax. Due to Skull Island's destruction, Kong's out for blood this time, and this is when the big smackdown happens. A new threat will attempt to eliminate them both, and Kong realizes that Godzilla is not at fault for Skull Island's fate. They team up to destroy the new enemy.
  • Godzilla and Kong emerge victorious, but Godzilla is grievously wounded. Before he leaves to hibernate, Godzilla passes the torch of King of the Monsters to Kong so he can keep the other Titans in check until he returns (Godzilla can recover earlier than expected if Legendary wants to make more movies involving him). Ads specify that "one will fall" but that doesn't mean one will defeat the other.

I don't expect this to be fully accurate but maybe I got some things right. I would also like for Rodan and Mothra to be present in some capacity, but that depends on if they can be implemented into the plot properly.

Spoiler

I do think that'll be the general outline of things as well, though i hadn't thought about Skull Island sinking. That wouldn't be farfetched though. I know Skull Island sinks in Son of Kong and some supplementary material for King Kong 2005 states that the island sank 15 years after the movie. But i also think Godzilla will remain the victor here, which is the opposite of what happened in King Kong vs Godzilla.

Showing how strong Kong has gotten is gonna be very important. My main concern for the movie (apart from being directed by the guy who did the Death Note Netflix movie, though the KotM director being on the writing team eases those worries a bit) is that i don't know how it's going to be a fair fight at all. Godzilla tanks two nukes to the face and fed off one of them. Godzilla also survived a high-altitude drop after Ghidorah picked him up and dropped him from like 20,000 feet (idk how high he flew). I won't count Burning Godzilla since it was clear that was a very situational thing.

I mean, i don't expect the movie to just be about Godzilla fighting King Kong like the 1962 movie but still, it's gonna be important. I think a good first step would be implementing Kong getting powered up by electricity (something that also happens in King Kong vs Godzilla).

If there isn't a scene of Kong shoving a tree into Godzilla's mouth, it's a 0/10.

Edited by Armagon

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That said, there's something ironic about how Sony fanboys were praising TLOU 2 as if it were the second coming of Christ only to turn around and hate it because of the leaks.

PomZkcc.jpg
This quote is rather appropriate here.

Fanboys like those are the worst. I think we can all agree on that.

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I've only just noticed. Is the one on the left really sitting on something?

Yup. Kaguya is so lazy, she doesn't even want to walk, so she built a flying chair that ferries her everywhere. She calls it her "Bamboo One".

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It made me think of the Luna summon from the Tales series. Moon related spirit always shown riding a flying something.

Is that from games prior to Symphonia, because I don't recall the newer games after it (Symphonia 2, Abyss, Vesperia, Graces f, Hearts R, the Xillias, Zestiria, Berseria) having anything like that. Unless I missed it, of course, which is possible.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Moon related spirit always shown riding a flying something.

Regardles, this is an interesting little tidbit.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Is that from games prior to Symphonia, because I don't recall the newer games after it (Symphonia 2, Abyss, Vesperia, Graces f, Hearts R, the Xillias, Zestiria, Berseria) having anything like that. Unless I missed it, of course, which is possible.

Looking it up, it seems Luna is exclusive to the Aselia games (outside of a cameo appearance in Destiny). Though yeah.

Luna (ToS)

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Looking it up, it seems Luna is exclusive to the Aselia games (outside of a cameo appearance in Destiny). Though yeah.

Luna (ToS)

Ah, okay. That explains why I've never seen it.
Looks pretty cool. And she's sitting on a crescent moon just like Kaguya has her Bamboo One, so the parallel definitely comes to mind when looking at this. Very interesting.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

PomZkcc.jpg
This quote is rather appropriate here.

Fanboys like those are the worst. I think we can all agree on that.

Indeed.

I'll admit, I wanted TLOU 2 to come to PC not because I care about the franchise but because I knew for a fact that Sony fanboys would have a meltdown over it but I got that with the leaks so it all worked out in the end (for me).

50 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Luna (ToS)

I can't believe they turned the DreamWorks logo into an anime girl.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Does it remove enhance?

I wish Falcom removed enhance while they were making the game 😔.

If it was just the stat-boost, I wouldn't have said shit but I really hate the massive self-heal that comes with it.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I wish Falcom removed enhance while they were making the game 😔.

If it was just the stat-boost, I wouldn't have said shit but I really hate the massive self-heal that comes with it.

The immunity to everything is bs as well.

Honestly it's like Falcom is forcing people to cheese if they want to have fun lol.

Edited by Shrimperor

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I can't believe they turned the DreamWorks logo into an anime girl.

No one is safe.

Who can fire laser beams. Because you gotta have laser beams.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The immunity to everything is bs as well.

Honestly it's like Falcom is forcing people to cheese if they want to have fun lol.

I honestly didn't even know they gained complete immunity. Which feels redundant given that bosses already are immune to most things that aren't raw damage.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No one is safe.

Who can fire laser beams. Because you gotta have laser beams.

Probably the Pixar logo. 

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Trails 101: Long Art lines = Caster, Short multipe Art lines = physical.

Altina has a 6-1 line, That's a sure sign of a caster. The only thing better are straight 7/8 lines (Kloe, Olivier and Renne in Sky, Tio in Crossbell and Emma in CS).

Although i can understand the confusion with Altina since Millium is a physical beast haha

Well, I learned something new today after about three years. 🙂

Good to know!

I considered Altina as a physical unit (aka Millium 2.0.) was simply that she never casted in Cold Steel II.