The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No, it think it moves the same, but the timing for the Excellents in Xenoblade 2 is a lot longer than it is in Xenoblade 1. That's why I also hit it too early.

Really? I feel like it's so much easier to hit that excellent now. Also, I like how you can purchase gems at the land of challenge. It's really nice

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It helps getting familiar with new skills and developing tactics for taking on boss battles. And some quests require you to fight certain enemies.
Monsters also drop materials you can use to craft items or enhance what is called Fragments (which you get from your friends when you view their character events), which can be equipped to skills to strengthen them with various effects (such as greater damage output, healing HP or MP whenever one is used, etc.).
So there is a reason to fight enemies, it's just not as "in your face" as it is in other games.

Alright, so it's good that there's still a reason for you to fight.

Do think it's odd how EXP isn't gotten from normal fighting though.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Really? I feel like it's so much easier to hit that excellent now. 

I mean, I'm just eyeballing it. I don't know for sure.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, the thing with 3D Mario games is even the worst one is still genuianly fun to play. 

I made a tier-list a while back

This is my tier list of the 3D titles.

index.thumb.png.1a3350ab14877d212ae6f37fb5111469.png

19 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Interesting. I never felt it was that glitchy, honestly.
Thought it's been almost 16 years since I last played it, so my memory is perhaps understandably muddy.

Not all glitches are necessarily bad (in fact breaking the game can be pretty fun), but some of them can ruin your game if you hit them at the wrong time. Some other issues with the game are blatantly unfair mechanics like on the Pachinko stage or the red coin river of death.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yoshi's Island

Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.

Edited by twilitfalchion

IMG_20200531_124916.jpg

Sometimes the quest tracking is wack. Just like a real GPS.

I'm aware I haven't filled out the map yet.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yoshi's Island

Ok I meant the traditional 2D Mario. Yoshi's Island is more of it's own thing.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, the game runs at a much faster rate, so maybe its just me?

Both XenoblaDE and Xenoblade 2 are 30 fps.

On 5/19/2020 at 10:56 PM, Falcom Knight said:

Today morning again I've learned something new about Fire Emblem: in an iron man run of Radiant Dawn placing a flyer - in this case even a lord - in the 1-2 range of an enemy with a crossbow

That's how to waste about 30 hours of your time for absolutely nothing.

Honestly, Radiant Dawn has to be one of the absolute worst games to ironman because of part 1 alone.

Just now, Armagon said:

What puts Galaxy 1 over 2 for you?

The story. Galaxy 2 felt more like Mario went back to space because it was a convenient way of making a sequel. The first one had a more meaningful story behind why Mario went to space in the first place. The gameplay is absolutely stellar in both, but that heavier emphasis on the story edges it out over 2 for me.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

The story. Galaxy 2 felt more like Mario went back to space because it was a convenient way of making a sequel. The first one had a more meaningful story behind why Mario went to space in the first place. The gameplay is absolutely stellar in both, but that heavier emphasis on the story edges it out over 2 for me.

Fair. A lot of people are very fond of Rosalina's story. 

I like the story but since story isn't really a concern for me in Mario, I didn't pay it too much attention in-game. I found out about Rosalina's story through outside means.

Kirby >>>>>>> Mario

Also Donkey Kong platformers were also more fun because of their music despite being much harder.

Since I played a few Kirby games at least I can come up with a tierlist

4F8A2SF.png

5 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Honestly, Radiant Dawn has to be one of the absolute worst games to ironman because of part 1 alone.

Because of the Game Over conditions, yes.

That's why he had to burn three hours at the beginning.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Alright, so it's good that there's still a reason for you to fight.

Do think it's odd how EXP isn't gotten from normal fighting though.

It was for me at first, too.
Now, I kind of appreciate it for being something different.

Speaking of which, you're fully healed after every fight, too, so you have to take on each battle individually, instead of thinking about long-term MP management.
This is something I also really like about the game, honestly, since it allows you to go all out against any enemy.

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Not all glitches are necessarily bad (in fact breaking the game can be pretty fun), but some of them can ruin your game if you hit them at the wrong time. Some other issues with the game are blatantly unfair mechanics like on the Pachinko stage or the red coin river of death.

I never reached the pachinko level, but I did see videos of people playing it, and I am glad I didn't get that far in retrospect.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fair. A lot of people are very fond of Rosalina's story. 

I like the story but since story isn't really a concern for me in Mario, I didn't pay it too much attention in-game. I found out about Rosalina's story through outside means.

Yeah, and that's a big reason why I either do or don't enjoy the games I play. I'm a big story guy, so if the game I have doesn't have a substantial story with fleshed out characters (like Shadow Dragon for example), then I lose interest. For Mario, it doesn't have to be a lot of story, just enough to give a good reason as to why I'm platforming where I am (like Sunshine and Isle Delfino or Odyssey with its worlds).

3 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Since I played a few Kirby games at least I can come up with a tierlist

The true greatest Kirby game /s

SI_GCN_KirbzAirRide_image1600w.jpg

Edited by twilitfalchion

Because of the Game Over conditions, yes.

That's why he had to burn three hours at the beginning.

Not to mention the part where you have a fog of war map that you can only use Micaiah, and... yeah. Even this sounds easier than a Radiant Dawn ironman (and given that it's absolutely brutal...):

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Shadow Mir

I love Rosalina and her story, but I find galaxy 1 less fun to play.
So I prefer Galaxy 2 and it's gameplay, but I do respect somethings about Galaxy 1 a bit more.

Also, I am someone who doesn't really like Kirby games.

1 minute ago, Shadow Mir said:

Not to mention the part where you have a fog of war map that you can only use Micaiah, and... yeah. Even this sounds easier than a Radiant Dawn ironman (and given that it's absolutely brutal...):

If you're familar with this chapter, there's a strategy which Micaiah always grants a safespot. It's technically unlosable.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah, and that's a big reason why I either do or don't enjoy the games I play. I'm a big story guy, so if the game I have doesn't have a substantial story with fleshed out characters (like Shadow Dragon for example), then I lose interest. For Mario, it doesn't have to be a lot of story, just enough to give a good reason as to why I'm platforming where I am (like Sunshine and Isle Delfino or Odyssey with its worlds).

The true greatest Kirby game /s

SI_GCN_KirbzAirRide_image1600w.jpg

Is this so good?

Pinball is the only Kirby non platformer I played and also the only one I couldn't beat because I was bad in pinball.

1 minute ago, Falcom Knight said:

Is this so good?

Actually, it's pretty fun, if a bit light on content. I was joking when I wrote that, but it does have a considerable cult following in the GC community.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Also Donkey Kong platformers were also more fun because of their music despite being much harder.

In the 2D realm, Donkey Kong Country is definitely better than Mario.

Though there has yet to be a good 3D Donkey Kong. I only hear mixed things about 64.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Speaking of which, you're fully healed after every fight, too, so you have to take on each battle individually, instead of thinking about long-term MP management.
This is something I also really like about the game, honestly, since it allows you to go all out against any enemy.

More RPGs should do this tbh. One could argue it makes the game easier but I'd just find it way more convinient.

In the 2D realm, Donkey Kong Country is definitely better than Mario.

Donkey Kong 64 is mix of platformer and skill game. It features lots of minigames including racing games and some of them tend to become frustrating. The game is still very fun (though I never really played it myself only for maybe a couple of hours at my cousin about 20 years ago).

She's quite excited about latest conversation:

6oZh5H3.jpg?1

Ironically I never would want to play her games. Though I watched LPs of it to get to know about her, that's enough for me.

Edited by Falcom Knight

More RPGs should do this tbh. One could argue it makes the game easier but I'd just find it way more convinient.

I'd say, wouldn't mind if that was a thing... if it was something you choose at game start, or at least toggle. No way I'd like having that being forced on me.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I'm aware that Mimesomes were called something different in the Japanese version.

I wasn't aware of this until now. Looking it up, it's "Blue Blood", with "B.B" instead of "Mim(s)" for the shorthand.

Blue Blood sounds weird, and is a lot less scientific, I like mimeosome more. But Blue Blood does

Spoiler

make it more obvious that Lao is telling the truth when he says that there was a bias for determining who got on the White Whale. 

And to speak of the other stuff

I'm not sure what the "J" in J-bodies stands for.

No idea myself. I can't think of how it'd relate to Blue Blood/mimeosome. "Janus" is one possibility that pops into my head- the two-faced Greco-Roman god. Interpret two-faced as "duplicitous", and you have a J-Body, human on the outside and to itself, but actually a robot.

If Yelv's identity was stolen and there was a real Yelv that was killed, it could be part of a government conspiracy. Or perhaps, Eleonora is a spy and these J-bodies are part of a larger project for whoever she's working for. We see more capsules in the epilouge there, likely containing more J-bodies. But, there's no way to tell the difference between a J-body and a Mim so anyone who does find it might just think they are extra Mims.

If Eleonora is a spy, for whom? Can't be the Ganglion. Lao already filled that role and it doesn't seem it was in Eleonora's interest to wipe out humanity. The Ghosts? Maybe. We know next to nothing about the Ghosts. Either way, there is definitly another party at play here.

Elma is proof that one alien got aboard the White Whale, so it's possible other alien races secretly made discovered humanity and that Eleonora is the agent of them.

I do prefer Eleonora and the J-Bodies as a purely human conspiracy however. X2 is going to have to feature innumerable hordes of Ghost or something else pushing NLA to the brink. I'd appreciate instead of another alien threat, that humanity has a serious internal menace too, something more than a few isolated anti-Xeno racists, a lobster bomber, an evil assistant to Asian-American Oprah, a serial killer in a stolen mim, and the ilk. The J-Bodies group could provide that.

Hmm actually......you bring up how the fact that everyone's a Mim is the reason no one's found out Yelv's secret. I wonder, could Eleonora and whoever she's working for have discovered that the Lifehold was destroyed beyond repair long before Elma and the rest did? As such, the J-bodies are being concieved as a replacement for humanity. 

And also, could Cross also be purely mechanical? Remember, both Cross and Yelv suffer memory issues, which odd considering everyone else has their memories intact.

Could explain that ominous stare of hers into the residential district- she is imagining everyone gone and replaced by happy J-Bodies. But of course we know absolutely nothing because we have no absolute evidence of anything. 😉

I've seen people speculate Cross = J-Body, but the oddity therein comes in what Eleonora says. She said Yelv's personality was stabilized by a third party, aka, you the player who have unwittingly made a positive contribution to her schemes. She should have known if Cross was another prototype J-Body, and she doesn't act like does.

On a related note, I do think Yelv didn't pop up suddenly after the crash on Mira. Not sure if he was around for the entire two years in space, but there is this post-battle exchange:

Elma - "Yelv, have you forgotten everything I've taught you?"

Yelv - "What? NO! I—I— ...Maybe? ... Sorry, Ma'am."

A banter with Boze casts Yelv as a lazy student, so I don't think this has to mean a real Yelv boarded then died. It says to me that Yelv has spent a minimum of a couple weeks training under Elma, could be longer. This could does add circumstantial, inferred evidence that Cross could be a J-Body.

Or, if you want to cast Cross as being ultra-mega special, contradicting what Cross currently is, pretend Mira wiped out Cross's memories or created their soul to make them the basis of a Homo Novae- a new human species. But I prefer Cross as ordinary.

41 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Is this so good?

I'll concur it's simple, easy, and that it could use more racetracks (and unusually for a racer it has no Grand Prix). But its bones are that of a competent Kirby spinoff. Air Ride mode is a traditional racer, City Trial is very different, and Top Ride is small tracks over many laps with a plethora of items to use-  "Kirby Kart Melee" in a way.

A sequel would be much desired, but I don't think Nintendo will ever make a non-Mario Kart racer now, too much cost, not enough profit.

35 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Donkey Kong 64 is mix of platformer and skill game. It features lots of minigames including racing games and some of them tend to become frustrating.

Isn't one of these possibly impossible on modern computer due to the time allotted being tailored to an N64 experience standard amounts of lag and other hiccups in its not-modern-fast processing. -A patch has to be around to fix that though if it is.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

15 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Donkey Kong 64 is mix of platformer and skill game. It features lots of minigames including racing games and some of them tend to become frustrating.

Beaver Bother... I hate that game so much! I cant explain how much I hate it, it's just awful.

8 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

If you're familar with this chapter, there's a strategy which Micaiah always grants a safespot. It's technically unlosable.

You ask me, it doesn't make a Radiant Dawn ironman any less terrible. And then there's part 4, with its assloads of enhanced crit mooks...