Raging against Myrmidons and Swordmasters

sandmanccl

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that's the purpose of having multiple classes. In Hard mode, the RNG messing up a little can doom you to failure. Only once, and you're DONE.

And what's this about forgetting? You want to forget to plug holes in your phalanx? Go play Easy mode. If not, develop some sense of awareness >_> The game is brutal in even Normal mode, because the RNG hates you so much, Hard mode just complicated things a little. That said, try to funnel people closer, let THEM attack before you. It's vital to success; If you go out to attack, you're breaking your line. Enemies are more want to attack those they can reach...>_>

Well, that's the purpose of having multiple classes. In Hard mode, the RNG messing up a little can doom you to failure. Only once, and you're DONE.

And what's this about forgetting? You want to forget to plug holes in your phalanx? Go play Easy mode. If not, develop some sense of awareness >_> The game is brutal in even Normal mode, because the RNG hates you so much, Hard mode just complicated things a little. That said, try to funnel people closer, let THEM attack before you. It's vital to success; If you go out to attack, you're breaking your line. Enemies are more want to attack those they can reach...>_>

Just say the CPUs are retarded, it would be much easier to say.

That's the thing. The AI isn't retarded. It's far from retarded. It has quite a few quirks, sure, but it is NOT retarded.

If that was the case, then people are getting outsmarted by retards :/

I never said people weren't retards either.

I never said people weren't retards either.

haha. that's true, too. you cant have my cousin play this and blame the CPU's

So do you like Swordmasters or not?

Edited by Dr.Dorian

I hate them. I have always hated them. I just wonder if other people share my genuine rage at how terrible they are.

I suppose I'm just angry because Edward keeps dying in situations where he should be fine. I'd much rather have a guy that gets double attacked and never dodges, but has a good defense score, than someone that completely relies on the RNG to stay alive. I never found the damage trade off to be worth it because they always top out with pretty mediocre strength (at least for me.) The only swordmaster worth using in Radiant Dawn is Mia, and even then she's not that good because then you'd have to kick out the vastly superior other units in Ike's party.

Give me a Knight/General any day of the week. They can take a beating, use any type of weapon they want, and most important, they look awesome.

myrmidons and swordmasters are...rather easy to kill.....just give me an archer and BANG hes gone.

but if you know how to use them they can pwn any unit there is.

thats why i love the myrmidon family tree

Did he use a Brave weapon or Astra to achieve that? And how much damage did he do?

Yes, a Brave Sword was used, but I also got a critical on two of them, activated adept and wrath, so it came out to be, like, 40 a hit. It was so fucking awesome. Unfortunatly, it hit a cat laguz in Chapter 6, Part 3.

Guys, I'm not retarded. Strategy games are my thing, actually. Forgetting to plug holes only happens when the last hole I've got to plug, I accidentally moved a guy who I thought was gonna die in a different spot, and didn't anticipate the enemy movement range. It's a stupid thing on my part, and only happens when I'm not on top of my game, but it also only happens when I'm stuck with piddly little weakling units.

I can't wait until I pick up Brom and Gatrie, you have no idea.

I've personally gone off Swordmasters recently. Speaking from FE7 experience, Guy was useful early on, but his strength was far from impressive. In later chapters, even doubling an enemy wouldn't kill. He relied on his critical heavily, something I really don't like doing, so I find myself leaving him to rot from the chapters in the early 20's. Joshua is awesome though, as is Rutger.

I haven't played RD yet, so maybe I will use Swordmasters and the likes more there.

I'm well aware of that, Fox. That's partially why I made this topic. I figured it was an opinion I had that differs from the typical FE fan.

I suppose just from a character standpoint, I like the armor knights better because big hulking brutes of impenetrable defense appeals to me more than the anime-flavored never-get-hit skill fighters. I'd rather my guy take 0 damage than have a 90% chance to dodge because it's funnier to see "NO DAMAGE" than "You missed lawl". The former says "I am so superior to you that there is no possible way you can kill me" while the second is a bad RNG away from dying.

addendum:

Raven: There's plenty of good swordmasters. I can't really deny that. The issue for me is that I just dislike them from a gaming philosophy standpoint. When you get to RD, Edward really is worth using as he's got stupid growth rates in just about every area. Mia's one of the best characters in RD, as well, because she actually starts out worthwhile, something Edward only wishes.

None of the sword characters really appealed to me in RD. If it wasn't for the fact I abuse the hell out healing and then running away with Elincia and Mist, I probably wouldn't have had any sword people other than Ike in the final group. None of them turned out very good. On the other hand, I had a TON of fantastic spear people. All my Silver Knights (even Astrid) and all 3 of the Seraph Knights were pretty baller, and the funny thing is the only one I ended up bringing was Oscar because I already had an A rank relationship with my best Marksman, his brother Rolf. My final party was Rolf, Oscar, Nephenee, Brom, Elincia, Mist, Tibarn, Caineghis, Soren, Haar, and my heron was Reyson. I didn't have to replay any of the maps except for the one against Sephiran, either, and that's because I brought Gareth just to test him out. (What a worthless unit, btw.)

Edited by sandmanccl

I've personally gone off Swordmasters recently. Speaking from FE7 experience, Guy was useful early on, but his strength was far from impressive. In later chapters, even doubling an enemy wouldn't kill. He relied on his critical heavily, something I really don't like doing, so I find myself leaving him to rot from the chapters in the early 20's. Joshua is awesome though, as is Rutger.

I haven't played RD yet, so maybe I will use Swordmasters and the likes more there.

well for one, Guy wasn't that good for me at all. Two, RD's swordmasters are VERY good. GET RD NAOW!!!! :D

Wishes local Walmart had RD :(

online maybe? We just got Kanon vol. 6 online

anyway, about SM's. I think they are the best in RD. Just because they can cap all their stats and they just look cool when they attack

online maybe? We just got Kanon vol. 6 online

anyway, about SM's. I think they are the best in RD. Just because they can cap all their stats and they just look cool when they attack

Yeah I'll try that, thanks for the tip

Also SM are great unit's they always have great Def growth's for me (though I've only played 6-8)

Yeah I'll try that, thanks for the tip

Also SM are great unit's they always have great Def growth's for me (though I've only played 6-8)

you havent even played PoR??? *facepalms* you should get that one first. For storywise anyway