So, uh... dragons again?

Agro

Going by the logo, it looks like the game is going to feature (a) dragon/s some way or another... anyone else just maybe slightly disappointed?

FE1 - Manaketes

FE2 - Zombie dragons

FE3 - Manaketes

FE4 - Dragon Gods

FE5 - Dragon Gods

FE6 - Manaketes

FE7 - Manaketes

FE8 - Manaketes and zombie dragons

FE9 - Dragon laguz

FE10 - Dragon laguz

FE11 - Manaketes

FE12 - Manaketes

I suppose that at this point, most people would be disappointed in dragons weren't involved in some way.

Edited by TheEnd

Fire Emblem has actually been pretty good at reintroducing how Dragons were in the games. Many series which reintroduce elements never redefine the elements themselves, which creates that boring "again?" mindset. But in this series, the function of the dragons differ each time. I mean, the last game they were in they were a stout, reserved nation. In the games before that, only a small fragment of a dead species. Before that, two children that were literally brought into the world by one man (and then more generic brazen ones unleashed at the end).

I mean, it's not like how IS continually reuses blue units. Ohgod, they need to GIVE IT UP MAN

I mean, it's not like how IS continually reuses blue units. Ohgod, they need to GIVE IT UP MAN

Damn, turn based tactical role playing again? What a disappointment

Fucking swords again?! It's about time Myrmidons started fighting with umbrellas! >:|

Those are the dumbest strawmen ever. Is there something wrong with disliking the thought of IS going "Dragons. AGAIN!" as the plot?

*Raises hand*

I'm set up to be somewhat disappointed at least in terms of partying with them. Disclosure: The only games I've completed are 7-10. So I've likely got a skewed view on the issue. But I found 8's Manakete boring, particularly in comparison with 10's laguz mechanic. If the series is going to treat them like 8, then I think I'll bench'um.

Not if it really was the whole plot, no. But there isn't the slightest indication of that.

There's not much indication of anything :P: Other than Falchion as a Sealing Sword is returning, and numerous undead, unliving "doll-like" enemies roaming the land. Zombified voo-doo fighters being raised to fight for some generic evil dragon dude? I'm cool wit' dat :) We could speculate that that white-blonde-lady is helping Krom purify the land. And I would actually be incredibly down with it. That would give intense support for roaming the continent, and helping and fortifying areas (there are green NPCs on the maps as well, remember?). And then a Dragon comes out of a hole at some important moment or otherwise had come out of a hole at some important moment in the past.

Those are the dumbest strawmen ever. Is there something wrong with disliking the thought of IS going "Dragons. AGAIN!" as the plot?

I can't speak for the other two, but humour is a necessary part of reading my post :newyears:

Edited by Celice

Going by the logo, it looks like the game is going to feature (a) dragon/s some way or another... anyone else just maybe slightly disappointed?

What are you expecting out of Fire Emblem?

Edited by Refa

Yet "Dragons" are not the whole plot. FE7 and FE10 and FE11 all had Dragons, and they all had very different sotrylines. To draw an analogy from literature, both Eragon and the Hobbit have dragons in them, yet there is a world of difference between them.

This seems to indicate that dragon/s will be a main feature somehow, in case anyone thought my claims were baseless.

Fire Emblem has actually been pretty good at reintroducing how Dragons were in the games. Many series which reintroduce elements never redefine the elements themselves, which creates that boring "again?" mindset. But in this series, the function of the dragons differ each time. I mean, the last game they were in they were a stout, reserved nation. In the games before that, only a small fragment of a dead species. Before that, two children that were literally brought into the world by one man (and then more generic brazen ones unleashed at the end).

Yeahhhhh but did it have to be dragons? Surely they couldn't just make the plot a little more politic and earthly a la FE4 Gen 1 granted, the main driving force behind Gen 1 was far from grounded, buuuuuut? One of the reasons I loved FE4 Gen 1 was because it wasn't SAVE THE WORLD FROM DESTRUCTION, it was just SAVE YOURSELVES FROM DESTRUCTION.

Now, I can agree the concept of DRAGONS ARE AWAKENING RUN FOR YOUR LIVES can be yawn-worthy.

granted, the main driving force behind Gen 1 was far from grounded, buuuuuut

One could argue the main force behind Gen 1 was prejudice, though, since it gave a certain character a secret to be exploited.

But that's neither here nor there.

Yeah, the plotline of Gen 1 was real deep.

"Hey, Verdane is EEEEEEVIL! Go beat them up!"

"Hey, Agustria is EEEEEEVIL! Go beat them up!"

"Hey, Sliesia is EEEEEEVIL! Go beat them up!"

"Hey, Grandbell is EEEEEEVIL! Go beat them up!"

And then Alvis. So basically, there's one good twist, and the rest is just killing outrageously evil nobles. So much more political than FE9, where you actually have to go around, forming alliances and building support for Elincia, because after all, FE9 has Dragons!

It'd be funny if Awakening filled in the blanks between the end of the Tellius arc to the beginning of Archanea's arc or something. You've got characters with weird symbols on them (brands?), a curious golden sword (Sealed/Sealing Falchion) and another Emblem Shield(?).

In any case, I'm actually quite happy if dragons are back.