Best/Worst in the Series Round 124

NinjaMonkey

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That seems like a rather empty description. After all, with the correct RN dump, victory can always be guaranteed, and with good level ups. Just take a look at Toothache's TAS, where he precisely manipulates the RNG to always provide the optimum result!

Easiest, too. Like, "move the cursor THIS WAY", and not only will you insta-win, but Eirika will gain a good level.

Easiest, too. Like, "move the cursor THIS WAY", and not only will you insta-win, but Eirika will gain a good level.

It's true in any GBA chapter that if you move the cursor in a particular way, you will guarantee a victory and with good levels too. Admittedly, most of those chapters take quite a bit longer, but Prologue FE8 is hardly the only chapter in the world with a viable 1-turn strategy.

Personally, I wouldn't say thet FE8 Prologue is easier "because you can RNG abuse". But that's me. For example, Chapter 11 of HHM has a well-established RN string which guarantees, if I remember correctly, a critical on Wire and a good level up for Hector. In that case, the only thing that seperates Chapter 11 from FE8 prologue is length of time. And one would hardly say that long chapters are always more difficult than short chapters.

If you need to manipulate the RNG to beat a chapter, it's not an easy chapter.

Edited by Anouleth

Also, even if you were forced to fight him, he's still not that tough. Isn't there a reliable way to kill him with Mist?
Mist can't damage him. Several factors contribute to the BK battle being kind of bullshit.

First, Ike needs to attack every turn to kill BK without skills activating due to the 5 turn limit. Luna can potentially fuck you over. If Mist isn't trained Ike needs Elixirs and has to kill a bishop on one turn, while also needing several skill activations to occur. Moreover, regardless of whether or not you train Mist or not, unless you have Ike kill a bishop and thus give up an attacking turn and have Mist heal him, Ike needs to dodge at least 1 of 4 attacks at around 80 displayed hit, 2 if the BK activates Luna for any of the attacks he doesn't dodge. It is significantly easier of a fight with a good Ike and a trained Mist, but you can still die or fail to kill due to bad luck.

Of course, as said, you can dodge the fight entirely.

easy: FE7 Prologue

Hard: fe11 ch1 on h5 is stupid

Easiest: Chapter 8, Thracia 776. You finally get Othin back, and there's nothing but a bunch of easy Bandits.

Hardest: Chapter 7, Sword of Seals. I would've nominated FE5's 24x or FEDS Chapter 1, but both are less challenging and more unbearably stupid.

Mist can't damage him. Several factors contribute to the BK battle being kind of bullshit.

No, I meant with Mist healing.

First, Ike needs to attack every turn to kill BK without skills activating due to the 5 turn limit. Luna can potentially fuck you over. If Mist isn't trained Ike needs Elixirs and has to kill a bishop on one turn, while also needing several skill activations to occur. Moreover, regardless of whether or not you train Mist or not, unless you have Ike kill a bishop and thus give up an attacking turn and have Mist heal him, Ike needs to dodge at least 1 of 4 attacks at around 80 displayed hit, 2 if the BK activates Luna for any of the attacks he doesn't dodge. It is significantly easier of a fight with a good Ike and a trained Mist, but you can still die or fail to kill due to bad luck.

Um, why does Ike need to dodge?

In addition, Ike has a pretty good chance of activating Wrath or Adept at some point. The BK also can't activate Luna if you engage him at range.

Most....

Fe6 ch7. HM.

The whole reason I don't like doing HMs.

Mentions

Fe6 ch11 echidna route, blind.

Or HHM COD with no staffers/high res units.

Or 1-8 with only a screwed Micaiah and screwed Sothe...

Also, fuck NOF and BBD fe7....

Jaffar keeps dying on me...

Least-

Hard to say.

Any prologue.

And

Fe6 last chapter.

Move Roy

Dance

Chip Idoun with some unit who'll not double her.

Kill her with Roy.

Oh, and boots help.

Edited by The Creeper

Easiest: FE8 Chapter 1 - It's even more idiot proof than FE7, with the tutorial off.

Hardest: FE6HM Chapter 7 - Dragons... great.

Edited by Dokutayuu

It's true in any GBA chapter that if you move the cursor in a particular way, you will guarantee a victory and with good levels too. Admittedly, most of those chapters take quite a bit longer, but Prologue FE8 is hardly the only chapter in the world with a viable 1-turn strategy.

Personally, I wouldn't say thet FE8 Prologue is easier "because you can RNG abuse". But that's me. For example, Chapter 11 of HHM has a well-established RN string which guarantees, if I remember correctly, a critical on Wire and a good level up for Hector. In that case, the only thing that seperates Chapter 11 from FE8 prologue is length of time. And one would hardly say that long chapters are always more difficult than short chapters.

If you need to manipulate the RNG to beat a chapter, it's not an easy chapter.

If you want Eirika to get a really good level, you can do the RNG burn method. If for some weird reason you insist on not doing that, Eir can still solo the chapter without it, but it just takes a little longer. Furthermore, Seth is on standby, and has a Vulnerary. I can't see how you lose this chapter, short of refusing to use Seth and not paying attention to Eir's health.

What was the chapter you go up a tower in fe6

To get Auraeola?

Fucking stars and status staves.

And Bolting...

I usually promote Gonzo, Fir,

Maybe Noah/Treck

and Lugh/Ray/Saul/Clarine there.

Gonzo at 20/1 doesn't take Bolting/Purge to well-nor does Treck/Noah...

If you want Eirika to get a really good level, you can do the RNG burn method. If for some weird reason you insist on not doing that, Eir can still solo the chapter without it, but it just takes a little longer. Furthermore, Seth is on standby, and has a Vulnerary. I can't see how you lose this chapter, short of refusing to use Seth and not paying attention to Eir's health.

I didn't say that it was a difficult chapter. Just that "you can RNG abuse" is a really bad reason to call it easy.