Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2

Inui

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no @ Ragefox

I didn't like Clannad, but I honestly see why it's rated so high so I don't rage at being scored so high and having so many fans

but you should have known this

nigra

who is taylor swift

who are those other people

idk

Well basically unless you've seen Serial Experiments Lain and Texhnolyze you cannot call someone an anime hipster and use it as an insult. Also, considering the popularity and mainstream nature of Eva and Code Geass liking them really can't be considered hipster at all.

All anime plots are stupid and convoluted, I think the only exception is Death Note and that obviously went out of its way to do so considering it's insane premise

I think animes that express the insanity and play it up are the best ones, Gurren Lagann is my favorite for how it plays with the weirdness of it all as well as plenty of other reasons.

But yes code Geass is stupid, can't believe I watched the whole thing.

All anime plots are stupid and convoluted, I think the only exception is Death Note and that obviously went out of its way to do so considering it's insane premise

I think animes that express the insanity and play it up are the best ones, Gurren Lagann is my favorite for how it plays with the weirdness of it all as well as plenty of other reasons.

But yes code Geass is stupid, can't believe I watched the whole thing.

Really? You're gonna generalize like that >_>?

All anime plots are stupid and convoluted

I would argue that most anime plots are actually stupid and overly simplistic, and lack any real overall depth or complexity. There are some that might trick you into thinking they're complicated but half the shit is totally irrelevent.

I mean, even Code Geass's plot wasn't that complicated in the end.

Edited by Defeatist Elitist

Usagi Drop is very simplistic, though. I don't think Revan was implying that lacking a deep and complex PLOT makes it bad.

This too. There are a number of things that can make a show good, it's just the majority of fiction tends to lack them.

From what I've heard of Usagi Drop though it's quite good.

So, what anime are good and have deep, intricate plot lines?

Code Geass was okay the first time, but kinda meh.

Well depth and complex plot are different, but I'll give you examples of several (mostly recent, because I can remember and vouch for them better) anime I would consider good:

Durarara!!

Serial Experiments Lain

Clannad (and After Story)

Ore no Imouto

Haruhi

We Still Don't Know the Name of the Flower We Saw That Day

I could list some more I guess but that should be enough.

This too. There are a number of things that can make a show good, it's just the majority of fiction tends to lack them.

From what I've heard of Usagi Drop though it's quite good.

just not the manga

Well depth and complex plot are different, but I'll give you examples of several (mostly recent, because I can remember and vouch for them better) anime I would consider good:

Clannad (and After Story)

I could list some more I guess but that should be enough.

This is me laughing at you

Ore no Imouto

Why

We Still Don't Know the Name of the Flower We Saw That Day

This was good but I felt like it thought it was deeper than it actually was. I was actually kind of laughing at the epic cry-fest in the last episode.

Usagi Drop is very simplistic, though. I don't think Revan was implying that lacking a deep and complex PLOT makes it bad.

I don't really think Usagi Drop is simplistic :P:. I mean, I guess the plot outline is pretty straightforward, but I wouldn't call it a simplistic show at all. It's just that a large majority of what makes it legitimately complex and thought-provoking relies entirely on your ability to interpret and understand what is happening on screen and between characters. It is easily one of the most gorgeous animated series' I've ever seen, and I don't mean that in regards to the art (though that's also quite awesome..).

Why

I concur >_>.

Edited by Tangerine

I like the insinuation made here: I hate these shows, so people who like one probably like the others and therefore have awful taste since I know better what is actually good. All right after: "I don't wish to speak with people like you guys who...are really disrespectful towards people."

Idk which are worse: Lol hypocrites or trolls. What if they are a mix of both?

Which is why I ignore threads like these, but this post was too shiny for me to leave without quoting.

Idk which are worse: Lol hypocrites or trolls. What if they are a mix of both?

Which is why I ignore threads like these, but this post was too shiny for me to leave without quoting.

Hypocrites. Trolls don't actually exist, they are but a concept.