Rate the Unit, Day 29: Hawkeye

Thor Odinson

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he has nice crit and good str. yet the rest of his stats and growths always seemed a little low to me. He is nice for 1 turn breaking walls with the devil axe though.

6/10

How are his stats low when he generally only needs a Wing to double and most enemies take a fuckton of hits to kill him?

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

Compared to most growth units you've trained, he is, at least if you're not LTCing.

I guess this is the crucial difference between LTC players and some other players. Said players see a unit with high stats and they orgasm, and balk at prepromotes with "low stats compared to trained growth units"; LTC players see a unit's stats and ask, "What's the significance of them."

I guess this is the crucial difference between LTC players and some other players. Said players see a unit with high stats and they orgasm, and balk at prepromotes with "low stats compared to trained growth units"; LTC players see a unit's stats and ask, "What's the significance of them."

And some non LTCers say "hey this guy/gal's pretty cool, I'd enjoy the game more if I used them." And being "rewarded" for "work" is always fun. Different players get off on different aspects of the game.

Edited by deranger

Seeing comments like these...

He can be a decent axe user if you really want one... Dart is better when Trained and Hector says Hi...

4.5/10

Compared to most growth units you've trained, he is, at least if you're not LTCing.

...makes me think Hawkeye's actually underrated.

And some non LTCers say "hey this guy/gal's pretty cool, I'd enjoy the game more if I used them."

The implication is that LTCers don't enjoy the game as much as non LTCers. Or that LTCers never ever ever use characters they like, which is not true either. I usually use characters that I like, even if in strategies for each individual chapter I usually try for a relatively low turncount.

Hawkeye's a pretty cool guy and I like pretty cool guys. I especially like them when they're pretty good units, too. And I especially especially like pretty good units that don't have to be given a damn thing to do their job. I swear, if there was a unit in FE who could perform his job adequately with just his hands, it would be Hawkeye.

Also, WUOOOOHHHHHHHHH!

8/10 because I was going to do 7.5 but I remember what a pain in the dick .5s made calculating them so ily lumi have a nice round number.

Edited by Integrity

The implication is that LTCers don't enjoy the game as much as non LTCers. Or that LTCers never ever ever use characters they like, which is not true either. I usually use characters that I like, even if in strategies for each individual chapter I usually try for a relatively low turncount.

I'm guessing LTCer's say "if I use this character, I can get this turn count, and enjoy the game more". I have no idea whether or not LTCers enjoy the game more or not. I was under the impression that LTCing involves placing turn count before everything else, including personal preferences. The whole tier list thing's based on the technical aspects of a character, which, at least for me, are a small potion of my character preference.

I'm guessing LTCer's say "if I use this character, I can get this turn count, and enjoy the game more". I have no idea whether or not LTCers enjoy the game more or not. I was under the impression that LTCing involves placing turn count before everything else, including personal preferences. The whole tier list thing's based on the technical aspects of a character, which, at least for me, are a small potion of my character preference.

Well, you can't really play Armchair Psychologistâ„¢ with a group of people who play in a manner which seems alien to you. There are some of us who eschew the characters we like when we play LTC; there are also players who happen to like the units most optimal for LTC play. And there are people who find LTC to be genuinely fun; "fun" is quite an arbitrarily defined term, after all.

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

Well, you can't really play Armchair Psychologistâ„¢ with a group of people who play in a manner which seems alien to you. There are some of us who eschew the characters we like when we play LTC; there are also players who happen to like the units most optimal for LTC play. And there are people who find LTC to be genuinely fun; "fun" is quite an arbitrarily defined term, after all.

"Fun" is really subjective. And before we go on, everyone is an LTCer to some degree, nobody I know intentionally takes extra time playing fire emblem for no reason. All I'm saying is I choose my characters based on personality or asthetics, which is neither going for units with high stats nor going for the LTC worth of a unit.

Hawkeye...i...dont really use this guy much. So im not exactly the best person to rate him but im gonna anyway based on my experiences with him.

Pros:

Beefcake of a unit.

Prepromoted axe user/Zerker.

Hits hard and pretty fast.

Pretty great as back up.

Laughs at terrain.

Cons:

Can be outclassed.

Speed isnt that fantastic.

Uhmm...i think.

Since im not so sure how he is on average im just gonna settle with a 6/10.

Hey now, I'm not an LTC player (well, I guess I've LTCed sometimes, not not usually) and I still think units like Hawkeye and Isadora are pretty good. Really the only prepromotes that REALLY suck are from FE1-FE3, FE11, maybe FE12 (haven't played enough of that).

There are some prepromtes in 12 that's utter shit on Lunatic thanks to the enemy stat inflation and their late jointime, but are fairly usable in hard.

8/10 because I was going to do 7.5 but I remember what a pain in the dick .5s made calculating them so ily lumi have a nice round number.

<3

Sorry I'm late guis

Was off becoming a real American

Time to calculate now

Geitz is next.