I fully support SOPA.

Geriba

I really, really hope this is a joke. It's like saying that if I steal a loaf of bread and sell it piecemeal to beggars, I'm "employed" by Wonder.

It's as much of a joke as this entire topic, your logic, and your existence on these boards.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really, really hope this is a joke. It's like saying that if I steal a loaf of bread and sell it piecemeal to beggars, I'm "employed" by Wonder.

Since when am I stealing anything? :<

Oh right you totally ignored Nintendo appreciating LPs

Can I just take this time to say how obnoxious your YT profile skin is :P:?

Bawwww, you h8er~

Piracy has been consistently proven to help all forms of entertainment industries consistently. Musicians make most of their money from concerts and people will always want to go see movies in theaters. If piracy hurt the entertainment industry so much, why are records being broken for the amount of going to see movies on opening night? Why did the anime industry report a 5% net increase in sales, the first time a growth in the industry occurred in five years? Why are gaming sales still so strong?

That's sorta why unpartnered LPers don't make money illegally, while partnered ones sign contracts and get paid money for them legally :B

You just said what it exactly is.

Bolded words are corrections. Just because you're not making a profit doesn't mean it's legal. Again, I can steal bread and give it away! For free! You think that excuse will work with the authorities?

Besides, a good percentage of LPers make money without partnerships anyway. So much for your hopelessly naive black-and-white conception of how the world works.

Piracy has been consistently proven to help all forms of entertainment industries consistently. Musicians make most of their money from concerts and people will always want to go see movies in theaters. If piracy hurt the entertainment industry so much, why are records being broken for the amount of going to see movies on opening night? Why did the anime industry report a 5% net increase in sales, the first time a growth in the industry occurred in five years? Why are gaming sales still so strong?

But it's wrong and un-american! :<

Bolded words are corrections. Just because you're not making a profit doesn't mean it's legal. Again, I can steal bread and give it away! For free! You think that excuse will work with the authorities?

Besides, a good percentage of LPers make money without partnerships anyway. So much for your hopelessly naive black-and-white conception of how the world works.

But I'm not stealing anything with LPs :B

I'm getting a lot of anger from you. Did an LPer take your lunch money one day?

Dude I'm sorry I just can't take you seriously xD

Put down the thesaurus and stop trying to seem more intelligent than you are :B

I've never heard of any LPers making money off of their videos without being partnered. Every LPer I know (and I know a lot, since, y'know, I'm in the industry (damn, Hika's right, that does sound weird)) that makes money off of their videos is either partnered through the Game Station, Machinima, or Fullscreen. Never has an LPer made money off of their LP videos without being partnered, and if they did, it wasn't for long, because unless you're partnered, if you try to monetize a video that contains a game, YT will take it down.

My job right now is perfectly legal and fine~

And it shouldn't be. That's the whole point of this topic, knucklehead.

It's as much of a joke as this entire topic, your logic, and your existence on these boards.

A stunning rejoinder. Are you incapable of reading the sub-heading of the topic before posting? Serious replies only. :facepalm:

Since when am I stealing anything? :<

Oh right you totally ignored Nintendo appreciating LPs

Then it's up to Nintendo to make it legal. Until they do so publicly, the law's hands would be tied. Not complicated.

Piracy has been consistently proven to help all forms of entertainment industries consistently.

For the 98158th time, you can do what you want with your own intellectual property. But the default should be pro-owner, not pro-pirate. Kapeesh?

:facepalm: is the emoticon that appears at the very, very beginning of the emoticon list.

just pointing that out

So it occurred to me that you honestly believe a resource is having its availability removed from its creator in the horrible examples you've proposed (or are being paid in dick to pretend you do).

Trent,

give it back. Nintendo can't sell all those games you've removed from their possession.

And it shouldn't be. That's the whole point of this topic, knucklehead.

A stunning rejoinder. Are you incapable of reading the sub-heading of the topic before posting? Serious replies only. :facepalm:

Then it's up to Nintendo to make it legal. Until they do so publicly, the law's hands would be tied. Not complicated.

For the 98158th time, you can do what you want with your own intellectual property. But the default should be pro-owner, not pro-pirate. Kapeesh?

Oh so it's bad because it's not legal. Right :B

:facepalm: is the emoticon that appears at the very, very beginning of the emoticon list.

just pointing that out

So it occurred to me that you honestly believe a resource is having its availability removed from its creator in the horrible examples you've proposed (or are being paid in dick to pretend you do).

Trent,

give it back. Nintendo can't sell all those games you've removed from their possession.

Alex noooooooo >:

This topic needs to be moved to Serious Discussion because SOPA is Serious Business.

Finally, someone with the good sense to take this seriously. :newyears:

Dude I'm sorry I just can't take you seriously xD

As you yourself have said, you play video games for a living. Who are you to talk about taking people "seriously"? By the way, if you really need a thesaurus to understand my posts, then maybe it's time to put down the controller and pick up a book.

It's clear that you don't want to discuss this matter maturely. Once you change that (might take a couple of years), feel free to come back and try again.

And yet here it is in FFtF, where people can reply HOW THEY PLEASE (within very loose restrictions). Fail logic is fail.

Edited by Manix

As you yourself have said, you play video games for a living. Who are you to talk about taking people "seriously"? By the way, if you really need a thesaurus to understand my posts, then maybe it's time to put down the controller and pick up a book.

It's clear that you don't want to discuss this matter maturely. Once you change that (might take a couple of years), feel free to come back and try again.

Lol look at this guy~

I'm getting so many vibes of you being jealous :B

And yet here it is in FFtF, where people can reply HOW THEY PLEASE (within very loose restrictions). Fail logic is fail.

"Can" reply a certain way =/= "should" reply a certain way. If you want to make an idiot of yourself, then by all means.

Lol look at this guy~

I'm getting so many vibes of you being jealous :B

lmao this guy actually believes someone's jealous of him :lol:

Edited by God Brady

If you want to make an idiot of yourself, then by all means.

No wonder you posted this in here! o:

lmao this guy actually believes someone's jealous of him :lol:

What else am I supposed to think?

Your only argument is "it's not legal, that makes it bad!"

Can you at least graduate from high school before you try to act smart? :B

Edited by seph1212

Uh, seph. . .just 'cause someone's out of high school doesn't mean they're smart. There's lots of stupid people with a high school diploma. Like the OP.

What else am I supposed to think?

Your only argument is "it's not legal, that makes it bad!"

Can you at least graduate from high school before you try to act smart? :B

No. My argument is "People have a right to their own intellectual property, and should make its public access explicit before anyone can use it." Your argument seems to be something like, "But I enjoy taking other people's intellectual property without permission! That's what I do for a living? Jealous? ~~"

Just sort of sad, really :newyears:

Uh, seph. . .just 'cause someone's out of high school doesn't mean they're smart. There's lots of stupid people with a high school diploma. Like the OP.

I know, just wanted to try and give him some credit. I don't like thinking that adults are this dumb >:

No. My argument is "People have a right to their own intellectual property, and should make its public access explicit before anyone can use it." Your argument seems to be something like, "But I enjoy taking other people's intellectual property without permission! That's what I do for a living? Jealous? ~~"

Just sort of sad, really :newyears:

You'd think with how long LPs have been going on, Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft would've said something if they disliked it. A few of them said they appreciated it. Oh but it's not legal because they never said it was legal!

So yeah your argument is pretty much "It's bad because it's not explicitly legal!" :B

And I'm not taking anyone's intellectual property without permission, otherwise someone would have stopped me~

Edited by seph1212