Rate the Unit, Day 37: Nino

Thor Odinson

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, then. I will count xblade's. Elieson, should I also count Peppy's despite that he hasn't done his share of justification as xblade has, or should I not?

Edited by Luminescent Blade

ok. now if we got that issue ressolved. i would like to decalre that i do like her but she isn't the best unit nor my favourite. however as Elison said i probably have a different play style to most of you therefore my ratings are quiet different.

oh and be honest, you all play for end of game ratings, so i understand how nino can be useless, but if you have gone through casual how many of you have actually have trained her

As seen in hyphen 2 of the OP, it needs real justification. So don't count PeppyHare's vote unless he returns to back up his definition of "amazing", which he may very well return to do.

I give her a 2 since she can at least recruit someone.

tbttrfly.giftbttrfly.gifImage2-3.pngImage2-3.pngImage2-3.pngImage2-3.pngImage2-3.pngImage2-3.pngImage2-3.pngImage2-3.png

She'd make an ok meat shield, to get between the enemy and your injured units, although this won't really matter if you're playing ranked, since you can't let ANYBODY die IIRC.

Edited by Crashman_Alpha

Eeeeeeeeeeeee~ X3

I freakin love Nino. She's just so adorable~

Biased rating would be a really high number/10

In LTC/efficiency/other parameters runs... Are we that surprised she isn't useful? Level 5 mage who shows up when there are only around 5 chapters left. Bravo IS. I know you like to make growth units for people like me. Especially when they're a cute girl like Nino but c'mon!

Anywho... She gets a 3/10. Some chip damage and recruiting Jaffar is decent enough if you ask me. If you're training her she'll reach level 10 rather quickly if you want to promote her early because Night of Rescue Drop The Lord Next To Sonia exists. You can have her down the Afa's Drops to make her a tiny bit better. Then again many players GOTTA GO FAST so slowing down a tiny bit to level up cute little Nino isn't high on the priorities list. :<

Also... Why do 0/10 count? The very fact that a unit like Nino exists automatically makes her TINY bit useful so why are 0/10 allowed? I mean... She can hold stuff if your inventory is getting full and, as much as pains me to say it, a scapegoat to distract an enemy or two to bait and break enemy formations. >_>

I've already counted all those 0s for Wallace, so the precedence is already set.

Negatives don't count because somebody could give like a-99999/10 for Nino and that's just unnecessary rating deflation. And those 11s on Marcus didn't count either (sadly), but 0 is a fine bottom line cutoff.

If we can allow a 9.9 for Nino with justifications, I don't see why can't she get a 0 from others. In an efficient playstyle, she's best just kept out of the way (and sometimes costing another unit to rescue her thus halving his/her skl/spd) and would not contribute anything meaningful.

That may be but perhaps they can at least be changed to 1's or something?

It's just odd claiming that a unit has absolutely no use in a STRATEGY game like FE. >_>

Give us a situation in which not having Nino actually notably hurts the team's performance and I may change my zero rating. Just especially for you.

/hipster glasses :B): :B):

Nino has stupidly high bases for a level 5 mage, making her a wonderful late-game boon to the experience rank; this is especially true in HHM, where consistent experience pulls are at a premium. Beyond that, she's a great trophy unit for casual playthroughs, and makes competent Link Arena filler. Hard to find too many places to dock points, to be honest.

9/10

EDIT: Almost forgot to include her staff utility post-promotion (+.6) and her ability to recruit Jaffar, a solid filler unit; though this doesn't count for much, it certainly counts for something (+.3).

Edited score: 9.9/10

Edited by God Brady

I give her 1/10 because A) I don't believe in zeroes and like to avoid fractions and B) she can CHANNEL HOW SHIT SHE IS to kinda do something in ranked. Great stats for a fifth level mage, arriving at a time where a fifth level mage CANNOT CONTRIBUTE AT ALL.

@God Brady: You want places to take of points? Um, how about hardly existing, or sucking for the majority of her levels, or not even being all that good once she's leveled up?

@God Brady: You want places to take of points? Um, how about hardly existing, or sucking for the majority of her levels, or not even being all that good once she's leveled up?

So much misinformation about Nino saddens me. The game's been out for eight years, people; consensus should've spread by now. Let's take these one by one, yeah?

1. "Hardly existing" doesn't particularly matter for ranked runs. While it's true that earlygame chapters are among the more difficult in ranked runs, it's also true that later chapters prove more challenging in terms of acquiring experience, since a) most units are significantly leveled, and b) those who aren't lack the bases to do much without massive babying. Nino avoids these pitfalls nicely, generating consistent experience gains without too much trouble.

2. I don't understand what you mean by "suck." Her job is to be a low-leveled experience sponge, and for that job, her bases (and the "majority of her levels") are absolutely ridiculous. Est just drools all over Nino's bases.

3. Nino has some of the best 20/20 stats in the game. Her low constitution is a shame, however; that's where the -.1 comes from. :B): :B):

Edited by God Brady

to be fair most people have an EXP surplus by the time those chapters roll around so nino often times isn't totally necessary

Experience is without question the most difficult rank to 5* in HHM. This seems like a bit of a strawman, to be honest.

Experience is without question the most difficult rank to 5* in HHM. This seems like a bit of a strawman, to be honest.

it's not a strawman when there are multiple ranked runs throughout the FE7 boards that more or less show an EXP surplus by the time Nino rolls around. and other units still have plenty of levels to get, too. not saying she's useless in ranked, but she's not as good as one would think.

EDIT: 20 levels surplus, nino gained 9 levels (ie not necessary) and Nino received 7 levels and at 31x he's hit the HHM requirements with 14 extra levels to spare. kindly inform me, what strawman?

Edited by Mercenary Raven

she is great when trained. every stat except con and def are nearly full and that's without afa's drops

:rolleyes:

This again? She won't even have time for her stats to get that far. And missing the mag and luck caps by 5 points isn't even worth defending as "every stat except con and def being nearly full"...

Edited by Metal King Slime

it's not a strawman when there are multiple ranked runs throughout the FE7 boards that more or less show an EXP surplus by the time Nino rolls around. and other units still have plenty of levels to get, too. not saying she's useless in ranked, but she's not as good as one would think.

From personal experience, I simply couldn't disagree more. Nino is, without question, the best exp. sponge you have late-game. Your point about a "surplus" seems to me to be based less on experience and more on theorycraft, which is often very unreliable. Not all of us are perfect; not all of us have the patience to RNG-abuse every chapter of the game, squeezing every last drop of experience out of each encounter. Because Nino is so damn good at what she does, she affords the player with flexibility, letting him play a little looser-- and, consequently, makes the run easier.

At the end of the day, I feel I've justified my 9.9/10 ranking as legitimate, and would hope that the Serenes community extends respect towards those who disagree with the majority view. :B): :B):

Edited by God Brady

well it takes quite a bit of training but you can get her to a good level by the second last level (forget the name) all those nomadic troopers give excellent exp. for mag and luck it depends if your lucky in stat growths

Edited by xblade

well it takes quite a bit of training but you can get her to a good level by the second last level (forget the name) all those nomadic troopers give excellent exp

'Course, that exp would be better used pumping up my other units than trying to get Nino to play catch-up. And this is coming from a casual player.

Edit: So you're basically admitting it likely won't happen short of some ridiculous stat blessing.

Edited by Metal King Slime