Rate the Unit, Day 38: Jaffar

Thor Odinson

Personally I go to all the gaidens, as they are all pretty productive (with the exception of 19xx, but even that helps with funds on a ranked run).

But yeah, people who are tight for tactics won't be going to 32x, so they certainly aren't assumed.

Hrm... I do the same but I'm just too relaxed and defensive a player to think that 32x is worth it - there's just not much of anything that's valuable there.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32x is better than VoD reinforcements for exp, since you can field some underlevelled dude (like Guy, for me) to pick up a ton of exp off the high levelled zerkers there. And you can end the chapter whenever you want if you bring warp and someone with a killer weapon and high strength.

32x is better than VoD reinforcements for exp, since you can field some underlevelled dude (like Guy, for me) to pick up a ton of exp off the high levelled zerkers there. And you can end the chapter whenever you want if you bring warp and someone with a killer weapon and high strength.

Still, I like mages, and I prefer to play defensively, both of which get compromised by 32x (mages aren't any use in the chapter itself, and you need to rush through VoD to even access it in the first place). And again, rushing through VoD just to go there is far more trouble than it's worth, in my humble opinion. Admittedly, I might be missing the point.

Edited by Metal King Slime

they're too cool to use early, killing edges and other killer weapons are for use in the final chapters only.

lol Too Awesome To Use mentality. That really doesnt apply to Killer weapons because you can like, buy them. So if you are using Jaffar, why not give him one? (or let him keep the one he has?)

Am I the only one who saves the light brand for Jaffar?

Nah i save it for Florina. One of my favorite things to do is get her sword rank all stupidly high. :awesome:

The hell? It most certainly does not.

Well if you don't do LHM before hand due to that whole Nils at level 7 thing, it's impossible to get. So I've seen a lot of ranked runs just skip over 19xx.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Well if you don't do LHM before hand due to that whole Nils at level 7 thing, it's impossible to get. So I've seen a lot of ranked runs just skip over 19xx.

In addition to this, who'd really stay in Lyn mode long enough to get Nils to level 7? Assuming you have Nils refresh every turn, that's 60 turns, and it'd be a safe bet to say that you could finish the rest of Lyn mode long before Nils hits level 7. And even if you do, killing Kishuna's no easy matter...

Edited by Metal King Slime

Haha, I meant the opposite: NOT all gaiden chapters are assumed. Some can be detrimental in certain circumstances.

Still, the really completionist people will do every chapter except 19xx and still S rank it, just so the can say they have. 19xx's requirements are just eesh.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

It's interesting to look at all the votes here. Some people seem to start at 0 and contributions bring you up, some people start in the middle and some things help, others hurt, and others seem to start at 10 and go down from there for the negatives. At, least that's my assumption based on seeing 3's, 6's, and 9's around all using basically the same logic.

How would it even be possible? Nils joins in Chapter 7, and you have 40 turns left. You would need to save 20 turns over chapters P to 6, which in many cases looks impossible (no way can Lyn beat Prologue in 2 turns for example).

Also, what does this have to do with Jaffar?

I think that Jaffar is a cool dude with great stats, an abusable class, and can actually make a belly shirt look sexy, unlike SOME prepromote thieves I could mention. 3/10

How would it even be possible? Nils joins in Chapter 7, and you have 40 turns left. You would need to save 20 turns over chapters P to 6, which in many cases looks impossible (no way can Lyn beat Prologue in 2 turns for example).

In Chapter 10 (he entered at 3.83) and I had 27 additional turns to spare. He sat on a forest for most of the chapter facing attacks from 3 or 4 enemies and danced someone every turn.

Videos and other details are here.

In Chapter 10 (he entered at 3.83) and I had 27 additional turns to spare. He sat on a forest for most of the chapter facing attacks from 3 or 4 enemies and danced someone every turn.

Videos and other details are here.

But wouldn't Nils getting attacked compromise the combat rank?