Rate the Unit, Day 38: Jaffar

Thor Odinson

Booooooooo 1/10

He's actually kind of useful in final, as some bulky dudes like Brendan and fast dudes like Jerme can be handled by him, and he can open doors to boot.

However, Aside from maybe OHKO'ing Limstella, that's the only real use I have for him.

2.5/10

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no villain truly more despicable than him. He's an extremely smug snake, figuratively and literally.

10/10

...oh wait, Jaffar. Not Jafar.

I got nothing then. Never mind.

...lockpick utility is nice in chapters 28x, 31, 32x, and Light.

Light? I don't remember any chests there.

With crits all over the place, and nearly 1/5 of his crits being lethal, especially against morphs, it us hard not to enjoy him.

Still, you likely have a filled team by now, and his ok Mov hurts him.

Still, a solid filler, who figured out how to use swords.

3.75, only because if Jaffar is that crucial to your team thriving in the endgame stretch, you must be hurting.

I'm actually legitimately surprised by all the Jaffar love here. Makes me feel like I should bump up the score so I don't seem like a hater!

EDIT: except frat boy, who just hates everybody

Hatehatehatehate

What can I say, I like ponies. And people that are around forever.

There are doors (even if they automatically open).

They can be opened manually? Huh, I thought they were just for show like that wide door in Battle Preparations.

Of course, now I ask why one would want to release bosses earlier?

Jaffar is decent, but the fact remains that

1) Lockpick utility this late offers little

2) Swordlocked combat units are worth shit; see Guy, who is around as good as a combat unit and has far more availability

3) Availability is terrible

With that (even though Jaffar is the most BAMF I have ever seen), I'll have to put him as 4/10. I mean, he's going to pop a chest or two and wipe out a few troublesome enemies, but he'll do little more than that.

6/10

I love assassins in Fire Emblem, honestly. And then you get one, pre-promoted, with nice stats and a high base level. Sword locked is an issue, as well as late arrival, but the man knows his combat. I can't say much more than that -- he kind of strike me as a Nino without the gigantic pain in the ass-ness to raise but without 2 range; in other words, better than her in most cases since units at this point in the game need to compete with a trained team to be considered viable. I've got to rate the man higher than Legault, who basically only claims "I'm Matthew but slightly more durable even though I come halfway through the game and right after the silver card".

EDIT:

Nino: 1.60

Wil: 1.85

Take your personal victories when you can, no matter how small. :B):

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

Of course, now I ask why one would want to release bosses earlier?

I know, right? Especially the Lloyd/Linus door. Those guys are dueagh....

Jaffar like, never makes it on my endgame team unless im using Nino. Hes like, totally not bad there. If only he came a little eariler....

I know, right? Especially the Lloyd/Linus door. Those guys are dueagh....

Jaffar like, never makes it on my endgame team unless im using Nino. Hes like, totally not bad there. If only he came a little eariler....

I think...you can 4 turn final, including the 1 turn for the dragon. I've never done it (I opted for 8 turns in my EHM S-rank run), but I'm 95% sure it involves berserking one of the brothers and having him kill the other.

I'd give Jaffar a ... 6.5/10, I got him once in a draft near the "garbage" phase where picks don't seem to be worth much if anything. I was pleasantly surprised by his usefulness with a few killing edges (thank you forever long dragon chapter). I honestly was just expecting thief utility, not valuable combat unit.

Booooooooo 1/10

He's actually kind of useful in final, as some bulky dudes like Brendan and fast dudes like Jerme can be handled by him, and he can open doors to boot.

However, Aside from maybe OHKO'ing Limstella, that's the only real use I have for him.

2.5/10

Kishuna. That's my use for him.

Hatehatehatehate

What can I say, I like ponies. And people that are around forever.

So you're a brony? Not into the show, but I'm surprised how many SF members seem to be. Maybe I should get into it? :newyears:

Kishuna, hrm? Only got that chapter like, oh I dunno, twice or so?

"Got" as in "I only saw the prompt twice" or "got" as in "I turn it down most of the time"?

he's okay when you give him a killing edge. but when he has to do with an iron, like all my characters, he's a terrible unit. he doesn't ORKO or evade a lot.

silencer is cool though, so is the lockpick. it's a shame he can't steal.

5/10

they're too cool to use early, killing edges and other killer weapons are for use in the final chapters only.

...Which is when you get Jaffar anyways. I don't see what the problem is.