Gyakuten Saiban 5 Announced!

Popo

Gyakuten Saiban 5 (Ace Attorney 5) was officially announced earlier today at the official Gyakuten Saiban 10th Anniversary Event in Tokyo! More details HERE.

Information on GS5 so far:

- Logo implies that the game will star Apollo

- There are claims surfacing that the event program included brand new official art of Apollo and Klavier - HERE

- No screenshots or details were released

- No release date or platform information was given

- A new group image of the cast has surfaced

--

GS Mobile

The first three games are getting released in HD for the iPhone and other Apple products. (Second logo, "GS - 123 HD")

--

GS vs. Layton

Finally, they also unveiled a collection of frames from an animated sequences in the upcoming Layton v. Ace Attorney game. It's Maya and Phoenix on an airplane. Click HERE to see them!

Edited by Popo

To be honest, it looks more like Phoenix than Apollo, at least to me. But unless they want to create plot holes, chances are it'll be Apollo again. I've got nothing agaisnt him, soo...

I just hope they localise it.

To be honest, it looks more like Phoenix than Apollo, at least to me. But unless they want to create plot holes, chances are it'll be Apollo again. I've got nothing agaisnt him, soo...

I just hope they localise it.

Really? I would be extremely surprised if they handed this game to Phoenix. He's getting tons of publicity and game appearances as it is. If GS5 was supposed to be his game, I'm certain it would have been announced sooner.

Edit: LOL. Wait, are you talking about the second logo? The one that says "GS - 123 HD"? That's something else entirely. They're releasing HD versions of the first three games on mobile devices.

Edited by Popo

Really? I would be extremely surprised if they handed this game to Phoenix. He's getting tons of publicity and game appearances as it is. If GS5 was supposed to be his game, I'm certain it would have been announced sooner.

Edit: LOL. Wait, are you talking about the second logo? The one that says "GS - 123 HD"? That's something else entirely. They're releasing HD versions of the first three games on mobile devices.

Actually there’s 逆転裁判5 logo at the bottom of the page you linked, I’m going to assume that it’ll be Wright’s game based on the picture. Unless if it’s really Apollo’s game but either way I would be looking forward to this.

zym5E.jpg

Cool, I was getting worried that GS5 was never going to see the light of day.

I "like" how game companies sometimes announce stuff without any proper details. I mean I'm pretty sure they've announced GS5 was in the making or on the cards before this and we get just a logo, not even a platform or background details?

HOLD IT!

Where is this logo that implies Apollo is the main character?

It's the one with a "5" in the title. If you read the thread on Court-Records.Net that I left a link to, the users there have compared it to previous marketing for Apollo Justice. :3

Cool, I was getting worried that GS5 was never going to see the light of day.

I "like" how game companies sometimes announce stuff without any proper details. I mean I'm pretty sure they've announced GS5 was in the making or on the cards before this and we get just a logo, not even a platform or background details?

The screenshots would have you think it's on 3DS...

Looks like we have FMVs to expect from the next one. This should be good.

It's the one with a "5" in the title. If you read the thread on Court-Records.Net that I left a link to, the users there have compared it to previous marketing for Apollo Justice. :3

You obviously didn't read this post:

As much as I really, really, really want Apollo to be the star of this game... I don't think it's happening. Few items point me in that direction...

Primary logo is Blue. Red means Apollo. Maroon-ish-purple means Edgeworth.

Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney. Layton has a VASTLY larger install base. Layton fans are going to be looking for a new game staring that Blue Lawyer

All the main series DS games are being remade with TGS level graphics on iOS... except one. Hmm...

Who was it that made it into Marvel vs Capcom, and almost TvC?

Lately Phoenix and Edgeworth have been front and center in Capcom's marketing. With Apollo an afterthought, if that.

Anyway, I'm just glad for this to be finally announced (as I've awaiting this for ages now).

You obviously didn't read this post:

I saw it, smartypants. ;3 I'm not going to comb through that thread all over again, but I was referencing a different post.

Time will tell what the game ends up being about, but I firmly believe that Apollo will be the main character, even if it means sharing the spotlight with Phoenix. (Ugh... Phoenix, go away.) To write him off after one game would be a huge, huge misstep for Capcom.

The screenshots would have you think it's on 3DS...

Looks like we have FMVs to expect from the next one. This should be good.

The screenshots are for Layton vs. Ace Attorney, not GS5. >w<

Edited by Popo

if they didn't bring over GK2, then they won't bring over GS5.

i sad

They didn't bring GK2 over because by the time they finished localizing it, the DS would be obsolete. >o< GS5 will definitely be for the 3DS, so it has a better shot. Plus, it's part of the main series, so that helps. :3

They didn't bring GK2 over because by the time they finished localizing it, the DS would be obsolete. >o< GS5 will definitely be for the 3DS, so it has a better shot. Plus, it's part of the main series, so that helps. :3

But doesn't the 3DS can play DS games? Perhaps the handheld, yes, but what about the games?

and yes the 3DS does play DS games, i have one so i should know.

being an system behide is no excuse to not localize older games unless its by several years(which at the time it wasn't)

hell Sony still releashed PS2 games while the PS3 were out, so i know its not a japanese thing, it must be an Nintendo only thing.

and yes the 3DS does play DS games, i have one so i should know.

being an system behide is no excuse to not localize older games unless its by several years(which at the time it wasn't)

hell Sony still releashed PS2 games while the PS3 were out, so i know its not a japanese thing, it must be an Nintendo only thing.

It's also a piracy and profit thing : P

I'm with Popo, I'd be disappointed f they didn't continue Apollo's story. Not just because there are a few untied strings.

Edited by VincentASM

The release of a new system never marks the end of the old one. Capcom didn't localize the game because the first did not sell well.

The release of a new system never marks the end of the old one. Capcom didn't localize the game because the first did not sell well.

I agree, although I still think that the timing was part of the issue. If the first game didn't sell well, and then you have a niche game trying to contend with a new system in a down economy, GK2 probably would have done even worse. XP

I'm with Popo, I'd be disappointed f they didn't continue Apollo's story. Not just because there are a few untied strings.

Such as

-Were the black locks Kristoph had a different crime?

-How will Apollo react when he learns Thalassa is his mother?

-Will Apollo go to therapy once he learns he can't date Trucy because incest?

Such as

-Were the black locks Kristoph had a different crime?

-How will Apollo react when he learns Thalassa is his mother?

-Will Apollo go to therapy once he learns he can't date Trucy because incest?

As Momo said in the post above this, it seems like black locks were addressed. >w< I think they symbolized Kristoph's unwillingness to talk, as if they were trying to tell Phoenix that no amount of evidence or prying could get an answer. Instead, Apollo and Phoenix manage to figure out his secret in court via evidence, testimony, etc. as opposed to breaking the locks.