[FE8] The Second Infantry Draft

13th

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, he can cross all that water FE8 has.

Also, he's one of 7 characters who can cross water. After all, I've never seen Vanessa, Tana, Syrene, Cormag, or Myrrh struggle on terrain.

I think he meant one of two characters in this particular draft who can do it.

My point about all that water still stands.

EDIT: I suppose it's helpful in exactly chapter 20, if he could somehow survive the trek to carry a twin across the lake in the middle since Warp's banned.

Edited by Integrity

Hate to break it to you, duder, but Ewan has 4 move until he promotes to Sha/Mage, when he gets a whopping 5.

But you'll hear no complaints from me! Amelia, ho!

Hate to break it to you, duder, but Ewan has 4 move until he promotes to Sha/Mage, when he gets a whopping 5.

But you'll hear no complaints from me! Amelia, ho!

Gotta love that speedwings that you are forced to get. Amelia! knight has 4 mov though, is what he was getting at.

Because I have time.

shit what's my team

Ross, Neimi, Artur, Joshua, Amelia, Marisa

P: 3 turns clear = 3 turns total

rng burn is for scrubs and men without stones

1: 5 turns clear = 8 turns total

Franz survived the chapter with 1HP. I was going to leave him dead, but then I realized I wanted his stuff so I took it all instead of letting him die and WTD -> normal let him survive. Go Franz.

2: 6 turns clear = 14 turns total

ROSS GOT THE BOSS KILL

at 53% too

3: 6 turns clear = 20 turns total

EIRIKA AND GARCIA GO UP

NEIMI IS MADE OF VICTORY (she got three kills)

EDIT: LET'S CONTINUE

4: 6 turns clear = 26 turns total

This could have maybe been a 5 but one motherfucker went pacifist at the end.

Don't think Ross would have 1RKOd him anyway.

5: 7 turns clear = 33 turns total

And got all the villages for some reason. Plus, Ross hit 10.

Also Joshua is a cunt to recruit when your tanks are Garcia (gets doubled) and Eirika (lancer supports!).

And Neimi hit the Arena (!).

5x: 8 turns clear = 41 turns total

GO UP

6: 5 turns clear = 46 turns total

This team is becoming a thing, I think. This pleases me.

Ross knocked off the boss now that he's a +2 SKL +2 DEF Pirate.

And unlike every failed run I got the Halberd instead of the Iron :O

7: 5 turns clear = 51 turns total

Ross puts Eirika over the river. Ross and Eirika GO UP together. Ross hits the boss on the EP with a Hatchet to make him swap to a lance. HALBERD.

Amusingly, in a fun test while I was remembering the boss had a javarin Ross hit his Halberd smack at 28%.

8: 9 turns clear = 60 turns total

FUCK THE POLICE

Eirika landed two Rapier shots on Tirado on EP, then Joshua landed 1/2 Armorslayer and Garcia landed a Steel Axe for the kill. Neimi continues to be clutch. Artur promoted.

9: 9 turns clear = 69 (huh huh) turns total

An 8 was EASILY possible but I decided to stall. One extra turn earned me both Amelia and the Rapier, and I thought it worthwhile.

Ross promoted and was like FUCK YOU I DO WHAT I WANT. Bishop!Artur started the map by critting like three dudes and I lol'd.

Oh yeah, went Eirika route.

amelia pormorted to super recruit!

10: 8 turns clear = 77 turns total

I want it on the record that I fucking recruited Marisa.

And I only lost ...maybe a turn not having Artur on the frontline.

Hell, I think I did it without slowing at all.

11: 8 turns clear = 85 turns total

Rolling now. Got Marisa some levels. Neimi is about to promote. Only looted the Secret Book, fuck the other stuff.

more tomorrow

Edited by Integrity

hello tomorrow

12: 10 turns clear = 95 turns total

you know who got the last kill? amelia. alone.

Axefuck Prime went straight up and stomped ass.

Also Garcia promoted last chapter and I forgot to say he did.

13: 2 turns clear = 97 turns total

ARR

14: 11 turns clear = 108 turns total

+rennac +secretshop +a good chunk of loot. And Amelia got kills. And Neimi was clutch (again) in getting loot.

Joshua promotes at 15.

15: 7 turns clear = 115 turns total

Had Ephraim landed a 13% crit it would have been a 6. Pity. Sacrificed that one turn for the Metis Tome and the Master Seal (

Artur hit A Staves. Marisa is going to promote now.

16: 7 turns clear = 122 turns total

Metis Tomed Myrrh, got her some kills. Got Amelia to 10 (again) fuck you bitches I'm gonna have a Tier 3 Amelia.

17: 3 turns clear = 125 turns total

Axefuck Prime WENT UP. Myrrh farmed kills with all her amazing friends. Tana sold the Member Card to buy some Reavers because I forgot to give her fodder/sell my damn white gem.

18: 7 turns clear = 132 turns total

wild and unplanned TOTALLY SCRIPTED use of the Rescue staff won me the day. A 6 may have been possible, but I'm not so sure. I already burned like 4 Rescue charges as it was.

19: 2 turns clear = 134 turns total

winnar

Artur Sed Staves. Guess I know what won the race.

20: 10 turns clear = 144 turns total

fuck plan failure, Ross can't cross the water in the middle (it's cliff, not lake). Had to go around.

Was forcibly reminded that you can't Hammerne the Dragonstone. It only has 7 uses left >>

F-1: 5 turns clear = 149 turns total

agaaaaaa

Myrrh only has 2 Dragonstone uses left going into Morii. Planning win. :D

F-2: 1 turns clear = 150 turns grand total

Ross landed a crit on the last hit which would have finished Mortii anyway. Showoff.

STATS NEXT POST

hahaha I closed Firefox accidentally while typing this dammit

SWORDFUCK PRIME - 145B, 82W

pretty much crucial in every single chapter except like 13 and 17

7.64, promoted at 19

EPHRAIM WHO? - 26B, 21W

huh?

3.92, promoted at fuck if i know

STAFFER PRIME - 114B, 69 (huh huh) W

RESCUE RESCUE HAMMERNE RESCUE RESCUE

so many clears would not have been possible without you my tousled little man

15.76, promoted at 10

AXEFUCK PRIME - 315B, 222W

GO UP

20.00, promoted turn 2 of chapter 9 (level 12?)

FATHER OF AXEFUCK PRIME - 103B, 53W

great early; bad later. definitely best off being free

5.63, promoted with gerik's crest at 15 or so

PEW PEW PEW - 99B (but a bitch ain't one), 42W

pew pew pew

yes she was actually critical to several optimal completions

SEVERAL

6.10, promoted at 10

SWORDFUCK SEGUNDA - 97B, 60W

meh

7.74, promoted at 15 or so

SUPER RECRUIT - 76B, 24W

yes i am fucking serious i promoted amelia both times

aren't i amazing

2.80, promoted at 10

LEGS - 61B, 25W

she's sexier than joshua so she got statboosters he needed

hahaha fuck you joshua

5.48, promoted at roughly 13

DANCER - 10B

DANCER

FRANKINCENSE AND - 59B, 36W

one fucking use on the dragonstone

one

fuck

wow

just fucking guess what level she is

HONORABLE MENTION: TANA

she did all my shopping and is generally a massive sexpot

gg

Chapter 5- 7/31 turns

I had this awesome writeup for thischapter (may not actually be that awesome), but I lost it. Like, at theairport or the gas station or in the aether of digital space. Who knows. Either way, here's my turncount.

Chapter 5x- 8/39 turns

Easy chapter, would do again withoutany effort.

Chapter 6- 6/45 turns

I gave the Skill Book to Garcia,Dragon Shield to Lute, and it worked out fantastically. Eirika, Gilliam,and Garcia went upwards while Lute tanked the lower area. Sure, she gotdoubled by mercenary man, but after two turns he ran away and she could healwhile tanking the cavalier dudes. Best strategy ever!

Chapter 7- 10/55 turns

Screw saving turns, Imma going toplay incompetently instead. Also I didn't get the Halberd, so yeah, I wasgoing to have to have Eirika kill the boss. At least Lute got some morelevels here. And I can promote Gilliam finally! Energy Ring toGilliam, because holy shit guys, he can DOUBLE the boss! Well, actuallylooking at the boss' stats, the Energy Ring won't make a difference. ToLute it goes!

Chapter 8- 8/63 turns

Fuck the thieves. And Colm. He sucks too.

Chapter 9- 13/76 turns

So everyone basically bumrushed the enemy and I got this middling turncount. Oh well. Lute was incredibly helpful here, can't wait to promote her!

Chapter 10- 8/84 turns

Hey, I recruited Marisa too. Big deal. A Marisa crit did like, 15 damage to Gerrik? WIMP. I'm glad I didn't draft such a WIMP on my team (Integ'll probably still beat me, but I consider this a small victory). Oh, and Gerrik is awesome and Lute is the awesomest.

I promoted Lute and Garcia at the end of this chapter.

Chapter 11- 11/95 turns

Thanks to that annoying guy with the Chest Key, I wasted like 2 turns. Damn it, I should've bought an Unlock staff. Oh, and Sage Lute and Hero Garcia? Totally awesome. Skill Book to Gilliam so he can stop missing shit.

Chapter 12- 9/104 turns

DAMN YOU, Monster Saleh couldn't double. And you too, Bonewalker who wouldn't move his lazy ass. You guys are the worst. Ruined my awesome 8 turn clear. Eirika is the only one in my party who needs the Energy Ring, a rare first. I'd give it to Saleh if Warping was available.

Chapter 13- 2/106 turns

I'm a pro at these vidja games, don't ya know?

Chapter 14- 9/115 turns

I could've completed it in 8, but I'm adverse to RnG abuse sometimes. Thank you, conscience, for screwing me over (just kidding, obviously). Now that I have Hero Gerik and Saleh on my team, I'm unstoppable! Oh, and Saleh has an S in light magic. Success!

Chapter 15- 6/128 turns

Only wimps don't 6 turn Chapter 15 (lol, check out my last FE8 draft). I missed out on the Silver Card, but I won't need it because I've got more than enough money. Swiftsoles to Tethys! Time to promote Knoll!

Chapter 16 is a bitch and a half. Writeup coming soon.

Edited by Refa

I'm glad I didn't draft such a WIMP on my team (Integ'll probably still beat me, but I consider this a small victory).

Yes, but I got her kills and even promoted her. What do you think of THAT, sir?

Yes, but I got her kills and even promoted her. What do you think of THAT, sir?

Honestly? I'm more impressed that you promoted Amelia. I dunno about Marisa, I'd just give her some Gorgon kills in Ch. 18, how did she get kills?

Chapter 16- 7/128 turns

I sent all of my units ahead and had a group attack on Orson so Tethys could dance Eirika to the throne. The power of dance always triumphs over evil! (what are the chances that there is some obscure manga in Japan that is EXACTLY that?).

Edited by Refa

The power of dance always triumphs over evil! (what are the chances that there is some obscure manga in Japan that is EXACTLY that?).

Elite Beat Agents, mang.

Chapter 17- 3/131 turns

Well, that was easy enough. Ephraim is ridiculously awesome as always and 3HKOs Lyon with Siegmund whilst everyone else is busy fucking around.

Chapter 18- 8/139 turns

A little harder, but this is actually one of my favorite maps in the game. See, people, there's a way to do long range magic with absurdely powerful enemies and somehow make it not feel like bullshit. Thanks, game. Man, this infantry draft is good stuff.

Chapter 19- 2/141 turns

Ephraim, you're such a boss. Huh, I don't have a Latona user. Oh well, I'm missing a Gleipnir user too (of course, only one of the two is any good, and even then, not really necessary) and Innes (the ONLY Nidohogg user as far as I'm concerned).

Chapter 20- 7/148 turns

Thanks phantoms, for being able to cross water and any other terrain super easily. Having phantoms rescue Eirika is an awesome little trick I've never tried doing before. I didn't even RnG abuse for the necessary Myrrh crit!

Final Chapter Part 1- 6/154

I think I could've done it in 5 turns, but Ephraim would have to dodge an 85% hit from Lyon, which is definetely over the line of how acceptable RnG abuse is.

Final Chapter Part 2- 2/156

And with that, the journey ends...

Chapter 20- 7/148 turns

Thanks phantoms, for being able to cross water and any other terrain super easily. Having phantoms rescue Eirika is an awesome little trick I've never tried doing before. I didn't even RnG abuse for the necessary Myrrh crit!

That's what I'd hoped Ross could do, but the cliffs stop him. :(