Cheating Tips

Crimson Red

I said this in the opening post I think but I actually study for subjects I care about. Also, my teachers are shit, and I'm not smart like most of you guys here

Let's face the facts, most of the people here are relatively smart. Not dumb, at the least. I had an EXTREMELY tough time with Calc BC. Some of you say you sleep through classes and pass them, and others say you don't need to cheat because it's easy. But then there are people who can't do that, and if they want to learn more advanced material, or do better in school, they are forced to find other ways to pass. My teachers are shit and I don't have money to buy fancy study guides or tutors, so yes, I cheat. Im the scum of society. I do average in hard classes and I spend 1/3 the time studying than the average person to get that score because cheating comes natural for me--unlike some people hypothesized it doesn't take more time to prepare to cheat than to not. I've gone into classes not knowing there was a quiz and coming out passing through clutch cheating--in that case, my prep time was unfortunately "0".

I'm just explaining my perspective and why people who cheat cheat since some of you seem to think cheating as a whole is stupid. While its morally wrong and the topics I cheat on im usually not learning, I do actually work my ass off to learn what I want to learn. For instance, I liked Chemistry, so I got a 5 on the AP exam. Of course I would never cheat on something so important. The cheating I do saves me time and effort that would be wasted on learning hard material that I don't even want to learn. I call that, my friends, "efficiency". :P

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because cheating comes natural for me--

That's the part where I feel something is wrong.

You're intelligent enough to hack because you put effort into it. I don't see the problem here. It's just the "interest" factor.

The mindset in Asia is that it doesn't matter what kind of teacher you have, the fault is on you if you don't pass. I've noticed that here in America (because both my parents are substitute teachers due to circumstances of the economy and my aunt is an actual high school teacher) that they blame the TEACHER if students don't pass.

That very element in the "culture" is why I think there are people like you that think it's "natural" to blame the teachers and it's acceptable to cheat.

I said this in the opening post I think but I actually study for subjects I care about.

If you don't care about it, take the damn F. It's dishonesty plain and simple, and basically you're condoning it.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Also high school (and hell, college and uni) grades matter very little once you start actually fucking working. (I've never cheated in my life). It's just how things go, really. Any schooling you receive will always be inadequate preparation for the real thing.

Edited by Daigoji Excellen

I call that, my friends, "efficiency". :P

I see what you did there!

The mindset in Asia is that it doesn't matter what kind of teacher you have, the fault is on you if you don't pass. I've noticed that here in America (because both my parents are substitute teachers due to circumstances of the economy and my aunt is an actual high school teacher) that they blame the TEACHER if students don't pass.

That very element in the "culture" is why I think there are people like you that think it's "natural" to blame the teachers and it's acceptable to cheat.

If you see a kid screaming in the supermarket, do you think "what a bad kid" or "what bad parents?" Maybe Asia has that mindset because they have higher standards for teaching and therefore have more competent teachers? I'm not about to say that any class I've done poorly in has been the fault of the teacher, but I have definitely encountered some crappy teachers.

And no one thinks it's "acceptable" to cheat, nor has anyone said anything like that. We need cheating "tips" because we're supposed to not get caught doing it. There's a difference between "I know it's wrong but I don't care and am doing it anyway" and "I think this is really okay for me to be doing."

If you see a kid screaming in the supermarket, do you think "what a bad kid" or "what bad parents?" Maybe Asia has that mindset because they have higher standards for teaching and therefore have more competent teachers? I'm not about to say that any class I've done poorly in has been the fault of the teacher, but I have definitely encountered some crappy teachers.

And no one thinks it's "acceptable" to cheat, nor has anyone said anything like that. We need cheating "tips" because we're supposed to not get caught doing it. There's a difference between "I know it's wrong but I don't care and am doing it anyway" and "I think this is really okay for me to be doing."

In the back of your mind, yes, I'm willing to believe you and I would think either/both of those statements as a first initial reaction. Especially when it's like "THAT" commercial.

I guess I'm a little passionate about this, because I was indoctrinated probably at a very early age.

I can understand the reasons for WANTING to do it, because like you I have been taught by some really crappy teachers. However, I just somehow can't find it acceptable. You're lying about your knowledge. You're supposed to learn the material. You're supposed to have learned, thought about it, reviewed, and eventually learned to apply it to any of the problems your teacher gives you.

However, the fact that he's providing tips... the implication is that he's encouraging the behavior NOT to get caught. He's encouraging the fact NOT to get caught WHEN YOU DO do it. Despite your analogy, you are ACCEPTING that you're doing it. Then the next time, it'll be easier to do it again, and again, and again.

"It's not wrong if you don't get caught." That mindset just REAAAAAALLLY irritates the crap out of me. There's the "fairness" factor for people.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Asia seems to value their teachers a hell of a lot more than we value ours in the states; just about anywhere here, you can probably find that most teachers are burnt out from dealing with kids for six hours a day and pretty grossly underpaid to boot.

In the back of your mind, yes, I'm willing to believe you and I would think either/both of those statements as a first initial reaction. Especially when it's like "THAT" commercial.

I guess I'm a little passionate about this, because I was indoctrinated probably at a very early age.

I can understand the reasons for WANTING to do it, because like you I have been taught by some really crappy teachers. However, I just somehow can't find it acceptable. You're lying about your knowledge. You're supposed to learn the material. You're supposed to have learned, thought about it, reviewed, and eventually learned to apply it to any of the problems your teacher gives you.

However, the fact that he's providing tips... the implication is that he's encouraging the behavior NOT to get caught. He's encouraging the fact NOT to get caught WHEN YOU DO do it. Despite your analogy, you are ACCEPTING that you're doing it. Then the next time, it'll be easier to do it again, and again, and again.

"It's not wrong if you don't get caught." That mindset just REAAAAAALLLY irritates the crap out of me. There's the "fairness" factor for people.

It's a hell of a lot harder to cheat in college, additionally, and the stakes are much higher as well. The system doesn't lend itself well to cheating either (what kind of class are you going to take where the professor doesn't make you clear your desk before exams, for instance?).

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

Asia seems to value their teachers a hell of a lot more than we value ours in the states; just about anywhere here, you can probably find that most teachers are burnt out from dealing with kids for six hours a day and pretty grossly underpaid to boot.

This. In general, I was actually pretty shocked at how disrespectful some kids can be to teachers when I first came to America, since having respect for teachers is a standard in schools in China, at least (were there troublemakers? of course, but they're frowned upon a lot more there). Yeah, some teachers are outright incompetent here and I wonder why the hell are they teaching, but at the same time, I'm appalled to see some the treatment of some really competent teachers who just got the bad luck to be stuck with a bunch of insolent kids.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Unless the material they cheated on they require for actual use in their job, they're fine. Does your dream job require to know the defining characteristics of a mollusk? How about whether evaporation and condensation are environmentally warming or cooling agents? Does it require you to be aware of the tactical errors that went into the Battle of Antietam? And what about the Pressure Gradient Force? Do you think they need you to know the major influencing factors in Picasso's greatest works?

No. I don't know what your job is, but unless knowing random shit is part of your dream job, once you pick up and stop studying all of this is going to vanish from your brain to be replaced by relevant material.

Of course you'll forget about it. That's fine. But learning all that boring crap helps your mind "learn to learn", and remember other more relevant facts. Also, you never "replace" anything in your brain. It's just that 98% of the human mind is inefficient and forgets stuff rather than doing what a higher intellect should do, remember everything it hears. Point being, the more you use your brain and learn shit, relevant or otherwise, the easier it is to learn more. By cheating, you screw up the grading system, gyp yourself, and gyp your classmates who did not cheat. After all, they (Usually) worked to earn their 60/70 honestly while that 80 you got was undeserved. What gives you the right to have a higher paying job later on in life if you haven't tried as hard as I have, or vice versa? If I stay up cramming late every night trying to get the best grades ever while you watch football, then go to school and whip out your smartphone to get the answers for yourself, I would say I'm far more deserving of that high grade than you are.

That's my beef with cheating.

I can agree to that. Especially when the grading's based on a bell curve. Somebody who cheated his way for a higher grade is gonna fuck up the curve, and screw over those people who spend a lot of their time studying for the subject, wanting to excel in that subject, and getting fucked over because some douchebag who cheated got a higher grade and lowered their place on the bell curve.

If you wanna cheat, whatevs, go ahead and do it. I think its kinda lame to make a topic with tips on how to cheat. Really, if I can't be bothered to learn any of the material, I can't be bothered to mess with like 90% of the tips provided in this topic. If I cheat its because I'm lazy and I'll find a way to cheat that saves me time, not have some crazy-ass-secret-agent cheating plan.

And if you're cheating to legitimately get ahead because you say you aren't smart enough to pass classes, you're eventually going to hit your ceiling bro, at which point the practical application of all the stuff you weren't smart enough to understand will screw you over.

That's the part where I feel something is wrong.

You're intelligent enough to hack because you put effort into it. I don't see the problem here. It's just the "interest" factor.

Hacking =/= learning difficult math and science subjects. Also even if I am interested that only makes it easier to learn, it doesn't make the content itself easier.

I said the teachers were bad, and in many cases it's true. This usually goes for almost everyone in the class, not just me. But I am not blaming them for my lack of knowledge, I'm blaming them for the increased difficulty and effort it takes to obtain said knowledge when there is no guidance or help in obtaining it. Maybe that's the reality of life, that it's hard, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be better.

If you don't care about it, take the damn F. It's dishonesty plain and simple, and basically you're condoning it.

In many cases I have, but when it comes to subjects that matter I don't always have that choice. If I just go failing every class I don't like I'd never graduate. And yes, it's dishonesty, so are tons of other things. At the very least though I try not to hurt others in taking care of my own business, i.e. I don't cheat on tests that truly matter, like standardized testing, tests that are curved depending on how good or bad people do, etc., so I'm only mainly bad, not purely bad. XD

Also high school (and hell, college and uni) grades matter very little once you start actually fucking working. (I've never cheated in my life). It's just how things go, really. Any schooling you receive will always be inadequate preparation for the real thing.

Or so they say, but I won't disagree that cheating is bad and shouldn't be done. But I do a lot of things that shouldn't be done. It's all a matter of weighing out pros and cons.

Aye this topic is saying "if you're going to do something immoral and against the rules, at least don't get caught". Pranks are immoral and break the rules but people still plan those out and post ideas online. One is just more immoral than another. XD Also I DO care that I cheat, but I've already accepted it for what it is and do it when I need to. If I didn't care I would do it all the time and never study or do anything.

Come now, this is just a friendly discussion. I just like to discuss other people's cheating experiences... and it IS a slightly interesting topic--it's gotten 3 pages already. XD

And yeah I never face the moral debate about cheating that I used to anymore unless something is said or done that brings it up right in my face. I live with this motto of "no regrets" so if I think I might regret it I usually don't do it. But I guess since I like, never get caught, I haven't gotten to that "I regret it" stage... XP which is why when I get into college I'll have to change up how I go about getting my grades

It's a hell of a lot harder to cheat in college, additionally, and the stakes are much higher as well. The system doesn't lend itself well to cheating either (what kind of class are you going to take where the professor doesn't make you clear your desk before exams, for instance?).

Yeah, that's why on the opening post I put "(middle or high-school level preferably, not sure cheating in college is a great idea)" XD. I don't think I'll cheat in College but most of the classes I'll be taking (after the basics) will be ones I can tolerate so meh.

Of course you'll forget about it. That's fine. But learning all that boring crap helps your mind "learn to learn", and remember other more relevant facts. Also, you never "replace" anything in your brain. It's just that 98% of the human mind is inefficient and forgets stuff rather than doing what a higher intellect should do, remember everything it hears. Point being, the more you use your brain and learn shit, relevant or otherwise, the easier it is to learn more. By cheating, you screw up the grading system, gyp yourself, and gyp your classmates who did not cheat. After all, they (Usually) worked to earn their 60/70 honestly while that 80 you got was undeserved. What gives you the right to have a higher paying job later on in life if you haven't tried as hard as I have, or vice versa? If I stay up cramming late every night trying to get the best grades ever while you watch football, then go to school and whip out your smartphone to get the answers for yourself, I would say I'm far more deserving of that high grade than you are.

That's my beef with cheating.

Hey, I purposely miss some answers so I don't get super high scores! >:( (teasing)

Also, people with more brain power/talent will likely work less than people with less talent. Then what? In American society, at least, things aren't equal. The smarter people tend to do better than others, the richer people tend to do better than others. The people who are more resourceful than others tend to better as well. Cheating is being resourceful, but using outside resources like that during a test are banned. But, outside of class, people with more money can afford better books, better tutors, better schools, etc., and smarter people have to study less, get things done faster, and thus can handle more work. People aren't rewarded based purely off of hard work and even if cheating were removed from the system completely it'd still remain that way. I'm not saying this justifies cheating, because it doesn't, but the world isn't unjust or unfair just because of that. It'd be unfair anyway. So, I beat people by doing what I can do, which is being resourceful. Of course being resourceful tends to be problematic and "illegal" when you're trying to be examined for only one resource--your brain--so that's why cheating is looked down on. So having an unfair advantage in the learning process is okay, but having it in the testing process is not. Just stating what I think are facts.

Cheating is unfair but most fair people don't win in life. Would it even be good if everything was fair? That's an even bigger debate that I don't want to get into. Plus it's starting to sound like communism, and I live in a capitalist society.

I'd be fair but if I were then I wouldn't do as well as I do. So I prey on my openings and use my resources to my advantage to gain unfair advantages over other people. And that's why I'm a terrible, terrible person. But the way I've been raised, success comes first. It's kind of like how a bad guy in a game says the "ends justify the means". Well, I'm that bad guy, except they don't justify the means, they just explain them. Now I'll start casting dark spells and have 999,999 HP like an evil king of dooooom

And if you're cheating to legitimately get ahead because you say you aren't smart enough to pass classes, you're eventually going to hit your ceiling bro, at which point the practical application of all the stuff you weren't smart enough to understand will screw you over.

I think I know my limits well enough that I won't try to do anything that I can't do with my given brain power and hard work. Since yeah, cheating to do something that I couldn't do is silly(er). I cheat to do things I don't have the time or motivation to do, usually.

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

I work in a school, so I see things from the administration end. And seriously. . .WTF.

Maybe my school is an outlier, but the teachers I work with care about their students. In turn, I get to hear some of the things parents tell the teachers, and it's horrifying. If I were a teacher, I'd probably quit after the first quarter, because as a teacher, you are NOT allowed to tell off an idiot/delusional parent. Furthermore, there's only so much a teacher can do to get a student to do his/her work. If a student isn't interested, and the parents refuse to do anything about said student, then that student will fail, which makes the school look bad.

American culture is not very teacher-friendly. You guys, as students, can make the teacher's lives easier by doing your damn work and NOT cheating. If a teacher catches you cheating, it's more work for them to do something about it. And don't give me this "it's too hard" shit. If you're struggling that much, ask the teacher for help. That's what they're there for.

And don't give me this "it's too hard" shit. If you're struggling that much, ask the teacher for help. That's what they're there for.

Here's a true story: One of my high school math teachers taught straight out of the text book. He was basically reading it verbatim and doing the example problems that were already solved for us. If we had a question or didn't know how to do a problem? He would just solve the problem for us without actually explaining it. Literally. He was a horrible teacher and his class was useless.

He would also play Solitaire during tests with his back to the class, so we could cheat in almost any way we wanted and never get caught. And people did. I was able to grasp most of the material on my own, so I didn't need to cheat, but seriously.

This a rare case, of course, and most teachers are not that bad. But bad teachers do exist. That was likely my worst case, but I've had a few others that definitely could have done a lot better.

I'm not anti-teacher or anything, either. My parents are the kind who blame me for bad grades, not my teachers. I think it's the worst in high school. Even some good teachers (as far as teaching) really felt like they just didn't care, and it made me feel bad for the teachers I had who really were good and cared and tried their hardest.

As you said, that is really rare. If your teacher really was like that, that's your cue to talk to your parents. Just as students should be held accountable to teachers, teachers need to be accountable to students. However, it doesn't mean writing teachers off as "they can't help" before trying.

Hacking =/= learning difficult math and science subjects. Also even if I am interested that only makes it easier to learn, it doesn't make the content itself easier.

..seriously?

You are problem solving. You just have a lot of tutorials (your UT for example) that tell you EXACTLY how to do something. Hacking, is working with computer architecture. If you were to delve into Xeld's and Nintenlord's tier hacking, sir, that is EXACTLY like learning difficult math and science subjects. It is PROGRAMMING. It is A FIELD OF STUDY. COMPUTER SCIENCE. It's a COLLEGE MAJOR.

You're doing basic things. In your high school/whatever, you're doing advanced things because you have previous base knowledge.

To illustrate, you're comparing a basic level process like Pre-Algebra and comparing it to something of the level of Calculus II and then stating it's not the same.

You sir, are just comparing your hacking level, as "lower" than difficult math and science subjects. OF COURSE it wouldn't be the same.

I said the teachers were bad, and in many cases it's true. This usually goes for almost everyone in the class, not just me. But I am not blaming them for my lack of knowledge, I'm blaming them for the increased difficulty and effort it takes to obtain said knowledge when there is no guidance or help in obtaining it. Maybe that's the reality of life, that it's hard, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be better.

In all of my middle school and high school years, I came across ONE then, and ONE in my college career.

Am I just an outlier here?

American culture is not very teacher-friendly. You guys, as students, can make the teacher's lives easier by doing your damn work and NOT cheating. If a teacher catches you cheating, it's more work for them to do something about it. And don't give me this "it's too hard" shit. If you're struggling that much, ask the teacher for help. That's what they're there for.

Thank you, good sir.

If you want to cheat, that is your choice. There's no need to justify it. Crappy teacher, crappy subject... whatever.

You're being dishonest, and you're taking a risk of getting caught. That's all it is. Your judgement, your class, your call. But DON'T say that "Hacking =/= Math and Science". It's logic. It's numbers. It's procedures. It's processing. It's functions. It's EXACTLY Math and Science.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Well done for admitting to cheating everyone! I've contacted each of your teachers personally, you're all resitting the exams you cheated on!

In all seriousness, cheating is silly. If I don't know stuff and cheat through my exams, I'll end up killing people by accident. Well, more people!

I have a true story of a girl from my high school. She cheated her way through all four years, graduated a valedictorian, and went to Cal in Fall '05. She dropped out because it was too hard (and she was trying not to cheat anymore). She then went to Hayward State and dropped out because that was also too hard. She then dropped out of our local community college because her cheating habits were simply too engrained.

tl;dr it's gonna catch up to you sometime, and the later it comes, the greater the fall.

Conquering tests fair and square felt awesome.

Agreed. Also there is nothing better than beating someone who cheated in a test :awesome:

Edited by SlayerX

If you're struggling that much, ask the teacher for help. That's what they're there for.

I have neither the time nor desire to go through all my teachers, but let's see just how much they could "help" me:

- English and Creative Writing are so easy they're irrelevant. And, of course, I don't cheat on them. No reason. They are a bit of work, but it's nothing I can't handle, since it's not high-leveled work.

- Psychology - our teacher is a notes guy. He loves notes. He makes us take notes and busy work all the time. He never gives enough time for homework. More importantly, his explanations are shit. What's the neuroanalytical perspective? something about the brain and blood, he says. When it came down to it on the quiz today, I couldn't distinguish things. Half the questions on the test he hadn't covered. He mentioned Siegmund Freud once but not related to any perspective--he just said he was a big figure in psychology. Sick. We also don't have textbooks. Apparently, they aren't useful. He never posts homework online unlike every other teacher and is very disorganized. He's lost my homework several times, making me lose points. Then I look bad. Psychology is a great subject, but he's a terrible teacher. If this were hard material I'd drop the class in an instant.

- Physics - complete joke class. He gives us 2 quizzes per chapter: a pre-quiz and post-quiz. Right after a post-quiz, which is like a test, he gives us the pre-quiz. To study, we have to read the text book. he just says everything is in the text book, including every word, but I actually scanned the book for said works and did not find them in that chapter. Some of the words I didn't even find in the index. Also, he makes up his own definitions for stuff, so they tend to be bullshit, because he's 60 years old and has been teacher for 3-4 decades and he's so senile he admits it. He usually just starts talking crap and going on rants and tangents but on the occasion that he does teach, it takes him an entire class period--50 minutes--to do one problem. There's so much useless stuff in the middle that picking out the actual information is like finding a needle in a hay stack. I took the class seriously for the first 2-3 weeks, then I gave up hope and learned it was futile, so resorted to cheating. I now do other people's online physics homework for $10, giving explanations for $10, since I'm one of the fastest at it--I do what takes some people 3-4 hours in what's like, an hour or even less. I'm in Honors Physics too--AP physics people are even more screwed. Some have resorted to buying online homework helpers like cramster.com, and others just cheat on tests. There's also the 2% of the school population (in an AP class that's about 25%) who are complete geniuses and can teach themselves. Sick, so if I want to learn something I have to teach it myself. Then what's the point of a "teacher"? It's a gimmick, I'd be better off without the gimmick existing and just teaching myself from the start instead of being deluded into thinking someone else will help me.

- Stat - our teacher has an accent I can't understand and picks on me because of various... traits I have. Amidst this and her stories and her deteriorating health (she has Cancer unfortunately) it's very hard to learn. Furthermore Statistics is a difficult subject for me and she just tells me to read the book. So I read the book and then some. I use the powerpoints, do the quizzes. And when I ask questions, she tells me to read the book again. She'll answer other people's questions but not mine because since day 1 she found a reason to pick on me and since it's funny, she takes me as a joke entirely.

So let's say I try a tutor instead. Well, the last time I had a tutor, I remember what they did. They had a script and told me what to do--look up some words, study this term, study that term. Cool, so I'm just following some tutoring curriculum, not actually getting help where I need it. Then we get to math and I have a book full of problems. I took geometry over summer school so it's my weak point and I ask some questions. You know what she does? Here's what the conversation sounded like (I'll try to make her smarter than she was so I don't feel guilty):

Me: So... how I do this problem?

Her: Why don't you look at it again for a couple more minutes?

Me: Alright. (I was already stumped and had no idea what to do)

Me: Yeah, I'm not sure where to start. What do I do?

Her: Alright. *looks down at textbook answer* *reads it word-for-word*

Me: Huh... so... what was the first step? What rule was that?

Her: You don't get it? Alright, I'll read it again. *reads it word-for-word aloud again*

Me: (wondering why she won't guide me through it) Okay, so I know two of the angles, but how do I know that this angle is this?

Her: Huh... *looks at textbook to tell her what to say, but can't find anything* You really don't know?

Me: No, I'm stumped.

Her: Well... you have to use your powers of reasoning. When you look at the image, it should come to you. Do you want me to read the answer again?

Me: No, it's okay, I think I got it. (I lied here because I realized she had no idea how the problem worked either and I didn't want to embarrass her anymore)

True story. I've had worse experiences, but yeah, in general my teachers aren't that great. If someone could just answer my questions and maybe just cover the basic material that was in the textbook, that'd be great. I'm not expecting someone to carry me the whole way through, know everything, baby me, or anything else. I just want something that is evidence that I'm not teaching myself the subject which, 9 times out of 10, I am.

There are exceptions (Chemistry, my Chem teacher was awesome, and Government, I didn't like government but the teacher did a damn good job for an AP class that is supposed to take one year but only takes a semester in our school, and he mostly lectured too, like 95% of the time or so) but generally this is the experience I get. I'm also fortunate enough to go to one of the best schools in the state, and it's not like our family's rich--we're hardly managing to pay off the expensive taxes amongst everything else the city and school expects us to pay. No wonder I pirate all my video games

Am I the one who's an outlier now? From what I know of my fellow classmates and the schools around us (though I mostly only know other athletes) I'm not a huge outlier. Granted I'm not a genius and I'm taking high-level classes, so it's not as easy to teach myself. Apparently lower-leveled classes often have better teachers. Or perhaps some of the people in lower-leveled classes could take higher-leveled ones if only they had better teachers. I know people who've taken AP classes for classes known to have good teachers and CP with classes known to have bad ones, so it's not a totally crazy idea.

I'm not saying I should cheat. Morally, I should find some other solution, or take easier classes. But I'm not willing to settle for less and I can't obtain any of those "other solutions", so I go for the only solution there is, even if it's bad. It's wrong, but at least I have a reason. It's like hurting someone who hurt you or hurting someone for no reason. Which is worse? The latter, but they're still really bad and wrong. So yeah, that's that :P I explained myself enough. It was fun, I normally can't talk aloud about cheating since, well, it'd get me in trouble.

@Black again, stopping cheating after this year. But I'll still try to find easier ways to learn things than just reading the textbook and staying up all night. And again, I have plenty of experience of just working out tough classes, I just can't do that for every class I have. Since I'm not smart enough I make up for that with more time, time that I can't give to every class. As it is I'm known for pretty much not getting sleep aside from weekends. I'm only a partial idiot, not a complete idiot. XD

Hacking =/= learning difficult math and science subjects

hacking is doing the actual hacking--using a computer and its programs and exploring the unknown using basic logic and problem solving skills with some ultimate end in mind. The hacking I do amounts to that, and little of stuff like math and science. The intelligence that it takes to hack is different than what it takes to learn math and science. I never took a class on how to hack--I just used common sense, trial and error, etc., stuff I already had as a beginner hacker. Then all I had to do was apply those basic concepts to basic programs and data. There was hardly any learning in hacking aside from learning how to use hexadecimal/base 16 numbers. learning math and science requires time, effort, a textbook, learning new concepts that from my perspective had little application of previous concepts--sure there was the occasional geometry and there was basic algebra but most of the stuff I learned was new in those math and science subjects. Former knowledge helped be very little. On the contrary, the level of hacking I did required little former knowledge of anything. The fact that I started hacking when I was 10 accounts for that. I was even stupider than I was when I was 10 then I am now, but I could do things like hack and make a website because I already had the basic skills and applying them was relatively straightforward or could be done through time/trial-and-error. In school, you don't have that much time to fuck around--you better learn the content in a short amount of time (we finish chapters in 2 days on average in stat) and you better learn it straight-up, with some sort of textbook and tutorial, little to no "trial and error".

Not to be rude but please pay more attention to the words I say or else you'll start skewing the meaning completely. I didn't say "hacking =/= math and science", you just got rid of 3 words that change the meaning drastically.

Agreed. Also there is nothing better than beating someone who cheated in a test

Except good cheaters never get perfects anyway, and always purposely leave room for error.

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

American culture is not very teacher-friendly. You guys, as students, can make the teacher's lives easier by doing your damn work and NOT cheating.

I feel like this is a vicious circle. There is no particular honor in being a teacher because they don't get the respect that they deserve. If the teacher is aware of this, then there is less incentive for him to step up and actually do his job properly, which further encourages disrespect from students.

Except good cheaters never get perfects anyway, and always purposely leave room for error.

whoever said about getting perfect in a test to beat cheaters? I usually end up with silly mistakes all over the place... :unsure: Also if you are a cheater i see no reason to leave room for error. I mean if you are a good cheater you should be getting perfects or close to perfect most of the time and it wouldn't be suspicious.

Oh that's so honorable of you, leaving room for errors, so utterly noble. I can't think of anything better than knowing that even though I tried hard to get that 80, you cheated and got an 80, but you felt enough pity for me that you made a few intentional mistakes just so you wouldn't look too perfect. Or maybe it's just so you won't get caught. I'm sure it can't be because of pity, because if it was then assuming the teacher paid no attention you'd probably cheat yourself a 100 all the time.

Good lord, you're a cheater and there's no right/wrong to this. I don't cheat, you do. I don't encourage it or share tips on how to get better, you do. To be fair though, I guess I tried to excuse a lot of my behaviour during the whole FEXP thing, so maybe we're not too far apart. Yeah, you cheating is as bad as me using FEXP. How's that sound?

Gahaha, this topic is hilarious.

Also if you are a cheater i see no reason to leave room for error. I mean if you are a good cheater you should be getting perfects or close to perfect most of the time and it wouldn't be suspicious.

nah, cuz unless you're known to be smart or somehow are able to actively answer questions in class etc. it's weird for you to do more than "average" (with the ruse that you just cram before tests or something)

I lol'd hard at the vicious circle and Lux's quote XD