Cheating Tips

Crimson Red

Post your cheating tips/suggestions for tests (middle or high-school level preferably, not sure cheating in college is a great idea):

Mine:

1) Phones are the best way to go. Especially iPhones (or at least iTouches).

A) Have your sound off for phones.

B) Have it unlocked to save time

C) Memorize where things are so you don't have to look for everything

2) Keep stuff on your desk if possible, like books or a sweater etc., to block vision.

3) Wear dark clothing, black sweatpants are great.

4) If you can choose your seat, choose in the back if possible, but also make sure you are out of peripheral vision--sometimes this ISN'T the back seat.

5) Never have two hands underneath the desk. As a teacher, if they see two hands underneath a desk, it means that there are no hands doing the one thing you should be doing during a test--writing. The only other thing you could be doing is cheating, so it sets off an instant alarm.

6) Put a pencil in the hand closest to the one to the teacher. Use your other hand to manipulate your device or have the writing on that hand or whatever. That way the teacher, when glancing around the room, will see you and your pencil ASAP and likely not pay attention to your other hand, thinking you are working. Be sure that said pencil is on the desk.

7) Make a habit of, regardless of whether you are cheating or not, putting yourself in circumstances where you could cheat. For example, always have one hand on the desk and the other not, move around a little, have stuff cluttered on your desk on a daily basis, etc.

8) If you're going to do the bathroom trick, time how long it takes to use the bathroom beforehand. RUN there, do what you need to, and give yourself 10 seconds less than the normal. This should reduce all suspicion because you went to the bathroom even faster than normal. Make sure your hands show signs of being washed even if your bathroom is lucky enough to have paper towels.

9) If you can avoid cheating, do it on the easy tests. Sit somewhere where it's obvious you aren't cheating and remove suspicion. On the tests you need to cheat, move back. Use noise/disturbance as an excuse for sitting far away from the group.

10) Be nice to the teacher. Never get caught using your phone in class. Try to answer questions as you can in class to make it seem like you're a good student.

11) If you're going to look over at a close by desk, put your head in a position that SEEMS normal instead of in a position where you have to clearly shift your eyes or let them wander to get anything done. If you shift your eyes it's obvious--teachers always warn "not to let your eyes wander" and to "look down at your paper".

12) In a hypothetical situation where someone pops up who might do something about you cheating if they find out and you need to hide your phone, do it very discreetly. The more you move the more likely you are to let them on to the fact that you are doing something suspicious. Make any movements seem as if though you were just shifting your body for better position. This is why making such movements on a daily basis is important, to establish precedence. e.g.

A) Hide a phone under your thigh. Usually they can never see it.

B) Use the old slip-it-up-the-sleeve trick. Black sleeves are the best.

C) If the phone is small enough, just holding it might be okay. If there's no movement to suspect you from the start, it's likely the teacher will practically ignore the fact that you were clenching something in your hand.

13) Have a decoy. For instance, have an iTouch as a decoy for an iPhone. If your iPhone has to be "taken away", use your iTouch instead. Like when you're putting away your phone before a test, put away your near identical iTouch instead, and keep your phone.

14) Write on consistent intervals, even if it's fake writing. Extended times of stillness or hard work are indications that you 1) didn't know any of the answer and 2) got the entire answer all of a sudden.

15) If you have a scantron test, use points on the scantron to reference answers. i.e. look at points on the scantron that are unique on yours, quickly find them on the other scantron, and look at the same row to find the answer. Answers are based on position in scantron since you're bubbling in... bubbles, so you can tell from position what the answer is.

16) Never use one-trick twice. Teachers might get suspicious but not have proof after a poorly done move. The same trick rarely works twice, at least in the same class period.

17) Do NOT use the blow-your-nose-to-stand-up trick. Teachers know this one big time. They aren't THAT stupid--they'll usually keep an eye on anyone who makes a move. Remember, if you don't see the answer, you can't have the answer, and teachers know this, so they look towards your eyes.

18) On the above note, resting your hand on your face and keeping your test at an angle can help prevent teachers from seeing your eyes. Then, through the corner of your eyes, you can look at your phone or whatever for a couple seconds. Just make sure that when they do look at you, you don't make a sudden move. Most people who don't cheat don't pay attention to such things so the fact that you do and that you react is another signal to a teacher that something is going on. If you stay in the same position but move the hand that's underneath the desk or hidden behind books on top of your desk slowly out of the way and more importantly move the phone away, you should be okay, especially if you're at an angle and that arm is blocked out of sight. For instance, you can put your phone underneath a sweater lying on your desk, or if you have it next to your leg, just stick it under your thigh.

19) Always be in a position to play the reverse roll--just as the teacher looks on to you to see if you're cheating, you have to look onto the teacher to see if she sees you cheating. Having the teacher in your peripheral vision is key. The moment you get too into your phone, you'll get caught.

20) Finally, when cheating, come prepared. You don't want to have to look up the easy stuff for your test--just the hard stuff. If the tests come from a certain book or series, try to find the answers online before you even come into the test. Sometimes teachers take tests right from the computer. Other times the questions can't be found online at all, so you'll simply be wasting your time trying to find the exact questions/answers, and will have to research the concepts themselves. If you're in a math or physics class where there are special symbols, know how to enter those symbols or their equivalents into google so you aren't like "fuck, how do I SEARCH this equation?" or something. If you're writing on your hand, play through the scene to yourself. Try to do a mock cheat the day before and see if it seems feasible--if not, rework your plan. If you're using your phone, make sure you have max battery, an internet connection, nothing else will get in the way, your sound if off (once again), and if your phone is some weird color, get a case to make it be black or something less noticeable. If you have a cheat sheet somewhere, you have to make it seem like some paper that's just hanging around. Of course, always be quiet and try not to be noticed, but also make it seem like you're not cheating even if you ARE noticed--you have to PLAN to be seen at the moment when you are cheating, but still not attract attention even in the act. That's part of the whole "keep your hands on the desk, act natural, write stuff down in frequent intervals, and make a habit even when you're not taking tests of shuffling around a little and sitting in weird angles that just so happened to be the same angles that'll help you cheat when taking a test". Teachers usually don't prepare to take measures against cheaters, so this is your greatest advantage. You'll be one step ahead of your teacher everytime, unless they are the rare teacher that knows all the tricks or just stares at everyone all the time, in which case you're best off either dropping the class or actually learning it legit.

Note: None of this stuff is morally sound nor do I endorse any of it nor do I admit to doing any of it. These are just suggestions on how to do this and are not intended to reflect on anything.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@cheat sheets, I've seen another one done where a kid brought in his backpack, dropped it on the cheat sheet, then lifted it when the teacher wasn't looking. That way the teacher didn't notice when they passed out the tests :P

I... can't imagine how stupid the teacher would have to be to not notice him moving his bookbag. It's one thing to go through your bag for a pencil and peak at a paper once, then do it again when you're getting a calculator, but... >_>

I guess cheating isn't so hard huh Xd

School is too easy to cheat through. I see no reason to do it =/

This. Nobody should have to cheat in middle school or high school.

Amusingly enough though, like half my Bio 12 class cheated through the entire year, yet didn't get 100%. How the fuck do you cheat and then not get at least 90%? They also all failed the final.

School is too easy to cheat through. I see no reason to do it =/

I feel like it's usually just easier to just study the content than to actually cheat.

This. Nobody should have to cheat in middle school or high school.

It's true. School is easy mode, since they want to see you approved and all that jazz.

I feel like it's usually just easier to just study the content than to actually cheat.

Agreed. Although i do enjoy looking at the answers whenever someone ask something during the test and they happen to lift the first page in a way that the answers are visible lol. Also somebody in my grade 11 bio class (and religion class) used to cheat by putting papers on the floor and then shifting through them with her foot. Lol the teacher never noticed.

Oh, come on. Seriously?

This is ridiculous and somewhat pathetic...

Interesting(?) fact: I read the topic, instantly thinking it was about this, then doubted myself because people like to have ambiguous topics sometimes, then decided that it was going to be about cheating couples and how to deal with it.

Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed my intuition was correct. :P:

I'm always that one dude who everyone wants to sit next to for the big tests so maybe I'm not the one to ask

I remember once writing a few answers for what I was really worried about on my schedule, then stuck the schedule in my jacket pocket. When the end of the period came around, I just took the paper out and said I was wondering what class I had after that one and showed her that it really was my schedule.

Then again that trick works better in September (or whenever the fuck your school year starts) than, say, February.

There's no cheating on a midterm covering several literary topics. There's just wild brandishing of drunk-enough ideas to get the interest of the reviewer peaked.

Though in all seriousness, all you have to do is be a little thoughtful in how you can get away with stuff, like so

oG4A7.jpg

I didn't read the whole OP so not sure if this was said, but I once got through a university final by putting the answers on an empty seat next to me. Felt pretty good. I've also been known to slip answer sheets under test sheets and peek at the right moments.

Cheating is no substitute for actually understanding the subject material of a test. I would even say it's harder to cheat than it is to learn the material the normal way for the large majority of situations. If you don't understand the answers you are writing down, you probably don't understand the question perfectly either and may very well be writing wrong answers. On top of this, your teacher/professor will likely notice the contradiction if you have long, detailed answers on your tests that bring in information from outside the class but cannot ever answer correctly when called on in class.

Cheating is always morally reprehensible on a certain level because you are throwing your classmates under the bus if successful by raising the graders' expectations or influencing the curve. There is no comparison to institutionally approved test-taking privileges enjoyed by students with learning disabilities unless the disadvantage you are compensating for by cheating is professionally diagnosed. I have one of these conditions, and I still almost always choose to not take advantage of any IEP accommodations or to cheat because I don't need it.

That said, sometimes you have to do what you have to do to save your grades. But be careful because if you do something stupid the consequences will probably be much, much worse than failing that single test or assignment.

Edited by Hero

Why would you cheat in school?

Isn't the point of going there to learn? :/

Well, some people are interested about getting through the subjects they don't care about, but learning the ones they do. If you were to cheat in a subject that you majored in--that's stupid, because it'll bite you in the ass later.

Anyway, personally I'd never cheat, but that's only because of two things

1) My frickin' conscience, and

2) I always get caught when I do something wrong.

Why would you cheat in school?

Isn't the point of going there to learn? :/

When it's shit you don't care about, or you're not going to use, it's more preferable to the average person to not memorize it. It's understandable.

It's when you get into areas that you're going to apply the knowledge that people generally pay attention.

Edit: Stop reading my post before I post it Lux.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

Oh, come on. Seriously?

This is ridiculous and somewhat pathetic...

Interesting(?) fact: I read the topic, instantly thinking it was about this, then doubted myself because people like to have ambiguous topics sometimes, then decided that it was going to be about cheating couples and how to deal with it.

Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed my intuition was correct. :P:

I went through the same thought process though whichever way it flipped still would have been disappointing. :/

I love how dishonesty is being encouraged in schools today.

I can honestly say that I have never cheated and will never condone cheating.

Asia: Dealt with swiftly and without mercy.

It's not the issue of "I can't do it", it's the "It's not my work, it's ALIEN."

A friend put it nicely.

What's the point of this accomplishment if it's the work of a slip of paper in your arm?

All that shows is that the paper is better than you.

Edited by shadowofchaos

When it's shit you don't care about, or you're not going to use, it's more preferable to the average person to not memorize it. It's understandable.

It's when you get into areas that you're going to apply the knowledge that people generally pay attention.

I agree that it's understandable, but I think you're drawing a false distinction. Any course has the potential to be foundational if you take it with a positive attitude and absorb the information that you cover. Everything that you are supposed to learn in a course is there for a reason and almost all of it will be relevant to your life or to something that you're reading at some point. With the exception of a couple math courses, I would say I've already benefited directly or indirectly from almost everything I learned in my high school classes, and I graduated less than three years ago. And even those math courses are starting to come into play for me this semester, as I get deeper into the computer science program at my college.

I already know you're an intelligent person who understands these things, I'm just going after your post to make a point.

I have far too much pride in my abilities to ever cheat.

Though I do wish colleges doesn't force all those non-major courses on you. I mean yeah I get what they're trying to do, but most people don't give two fucks about it anyway and don't actually learn anything in them. And then I can take the classes I actually WANT to take that doesn't go under the "forced" category and still graduate on time.

And seriously high school's the easiest thing ever just sleep in class and you should get an A trufax tested and approved

Edited by Luminescent Blade

And seriously high school's the easiest thing ever just sleep in class and you should get an A trufax tested and approved

That actually happened for me. My teacher even let me lie down on the floor, using my backpack as a pillow.

Edited by Crashman_Alpha

I love how dishonesty is being encouraged in schools today.

What

What's the point of this accomplishment if it's the work of a slip of paper in your arm?

All that shows is that the paper is better than you.

The point of the accomplishment is for a bigger number at the end of your paycheck.

I agree that it's understandable, but I think you're drawing a false distinction. Any course has the potential to be foundational if you take it with a positive attitude and absorb the information that you cover. Everything that you are supposed to learn in a course is there for a reason and almost all of it will be relevant to your life or to something that you're reading at some point. With the exception of a couple math courses, I would say I've already benefited directly or indirectly from almost everything I learned in my high school classes, and I graduated less than three years ago. And even those math courses are starting to come into play for me this semester, as I get deeper into the computer science program at my college.

I already know you're an intelligent person who understands these things, I'm just going after your post to make a point.

Well, yes and no. I agree that any given amount of knowledge learned is knowledge that can be used and helpful at a later date. And knowing for knowing's sake is good itself, to me. However, what I am more saying is that I sympathize with those that have difficulty or --yes, even in a more negatively construed case-- are lazy. Most people want to learn something they find interesting, or something they know will be directly and strongly applied in the future. I suppose I enjoy that I know that extrusive igneous rocks are quickly cooled causing a diminished growth of crystals, and I guess it's neat that I understand that clear rather than occluded ocean waters are those that are generally dead, but I don't think I'm ever going to use that knowledge for anything other than knowing. I don't plan to ever use it seriously. If I had the capability to exchange my knowledge in those areas for some others that are more interesting to me and pertinent to my current goals I would certainly do so.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

That actually happened for me. My teacher even let me lie down on the floor, using my backpack as a pillow.

I remember in BC Calc I'd sleep (I honestly do actually love the subject though, and my teacher was the best, but it was 7 in the morning and I'm terribly nocturnal), wake up when the teacher asks a question, get it right, and then go back to sleep. Rinse/repeat. I guess I can still intake information while sleeping when said info is math or something.

Until I got even more nocturnal where my sleep deprivation is so bad that even the bell couldn't wake me up and I'm basically a zombie through the first 3-4 classes.

I blame timezones.