Rate the Unit, Day 19: Amelia

Takes too much babying. But also ends up damn good. Reminds me of Magikarp from Pokemon. That useless thing becomes a gamebreaker if trained.Amelia as General is awesome even though how odd it looks. That adorable young girl in that huge ass armour is pretty hilarious.6/10

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She starts out pretty fucking useless fairly fucking late, but luckily she gains about 30 exp simply for chucking a Javelin and doing 1 damage to an enemy, so she's not that difficult to train, at least until her first promotion. Her stats are really good. A lot of people don't think so. They see "Weak underleveled unit and doesn't even cap str or spd to compensate" but oh god, look at that def. Look at that luck. So fucking sexy.

Basically, she's almost useless in the actual game but if used she'll come out a wonderful unit for Creature Campaign. That means nothing for most people rating here but it's a big deal for me, and so...

5/10

Edited by General Banzai

From my experience in Let's Rage, she takes far too much investment for another cavalier. Now, if she came as a level 1 cavalier, maybe she'd be somewhat usable. After the torture I went through raising her, it turns out that I would have been better of just using Kyle.

1.5/10 - Far too much work for far too little. There are other cavaliers which you don't have to baby! If you actually do train her, she'll just about match the others, but don't do it!

First Chapter of Recruitment (Eir):A rout map

Eirika and Franz are better off killing things, like they're supposed to the clear the chapter faster. And if you're too slow, she leaves.

Second Chapter of recruitment (Eir): A defeat Boss map

Sure, you could wait out, but why would you when the boss can go down in but a few turns.

Only Chapter of recruitment (Eph): Amelia is suicide city here, and as soon as you recruit her she needs to move out of the way so she doesn't get slaughtered.

Also Seth doesn't need Speedwings, he can double just fine.

Edited by Knuckles

I've been waiting for this moment for WEEKS. And after yesterday's horrible car-crash, I have a LOT of hate to dish out.

Amelia is perhaps the worst unit in FE history; at the very least I can't really think of much competition towards her in that regard. Her bases are terrible, her growths are among the weakest in the game, she's fragile as all hell, she can't hit shit with a javelin for her life, she has armor knight movement and pegasus knight constitution, she is outclassed by every other unit in the game, Franz exists, the Christmas cavs exist, Seth exists, Duessel exists, Gilliam exists...

With all the usual "worst unit" candidates, I can still think of a use. Sophia and Ewan can do chip damage against resistance. Wendy can break down that one wall to let 2 better units through and can pull off the Triangle Attack. The archers at least murder pegasus knights with ease. :Nino: can actually somewhat hold her own thanks to not abysmal bases. :Amelia: falls over and dies when a Tower of Valni zombie looks at her.

God, she makes Wendy look like Sigurd, Seth, or Marcus (FE7).

If I could give negative scores, it would be a -10/10, but I must make do with a 0/10.

(No bias points here: she'd probably get 1HKO'd by them anyways)

(Take note that personality wise and support wise, she's up there with Nino in my opinion. And let's be honest: Franz x Amelia is the cutest pairing ever.)

q=why are you people rating her higher than :=Neimi? she's bad, but not THIS bad

First Chapter of Recruitment (Eir):A rout map

Eirika and Franz are better off killing things, like they're supposed to the clear the chapter faster. And if you're too slow, she leaves.

Second Chapter of recruitment (Eir): A defeat Boss map

Sure, you could wait out, but why would you when the boss can go down in but a few turns.

Only Chapter of recruitment (Eph): Amelia is suicide city here, and as soon as you recruit her she needs to move out of the way so she doesn't get slaughtered.

Also Seth doesn't need Speedwings, he can double just fine.

It's not it's that difficult to DEVISE some sort of STRATEGY to recruit her and complete the level QUICKLY in a STRATEGY game.

I'm just saying it isn't that hard to recruit her and obtain a useful item in a STRATEGY game to further aid your ability to complete levels quickly in a STRATEGY game.

CAN YOU TELL WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY HERE?

Besides. Why wouldn't Seth want the Speedwings? He demands offerings on a daily basis and said item will suffice for him fro at least an hour or two. :3

Still.

Being a 10/10/5 Pally for lategame.

Mounts do help lategame.

That [censored] gorgon egg chapter.

Of course

General Amelia is shooting yourself in the foot.

Knight Amelia is taking a shotgun on your patience.

I've been waiting for this moment for WEEKS. And after yesterday's horrible car-crash, I have a LOT of hate to dish out.

Amelia is perhaps the worst unit in FE history; at the very least I can't really think of much competition towards her in that regard. Her bases are terrible, her growths are among the weakest in the game, she's fragile as all hell, she can't hit shit with a javelin for her life, she has armor knight movement and pegasus knight constitution, she is outclassed by every other unit in the game, Franz exists, the Christmas cavs exist, Seth exists, Duessel exists, Gilliam exists...

With all the usual "worst unit" candidates, I can still think of a use. Sophia and Ewan can do chip damage against resistance. Wendy can break down that one wall to let 2 better units through and can pull off the Triangle Attack. The archers at least murder pegasus knights with ease. :Nino: can actually somewhat hold her own thanks to not abysmal bases. :Amelia: falls over and dies when a Tower of Valni zombie looks at her.

God, she makes Wendy look like Sigurd, Seth, or Marcus (FE7).

If I could give negative scores, it would be a -10/10, but I must make do with a 0/10.

(No bias points here: she'd probably get 1HKO'd by them anyways)

(Take note that personality wise and support wise, she's up there with Nino in my opinion. And let's be honest: Franz x Amelia is the cutest pairing ever.)

q=why are you people rating her higher than :=Neimi? she's bad, but not THIS bad

I see that your "rant" has nothing I haven't seen before... And honestly, I don't know whether to facepalm at how stupid some of this is or to act astonished that you actually thought you could paint her as the worst unit in all FE.

Edited by Metal King Slime

I see that your "rant" has nothing I haven't seen before... And honestly, I don't know whether to facepalm at how stupid some of this is or to act astonished that you actually thought you could paint her as the worst unit in all FE.

This post alone is enough for me to place my open palm against my face as some would say.

Perhaps you should think of something to contribute next time you post.

Sure you'll have a hell of a time trying to do so because we kind of talked about everything there is know about in FE. ;/

This post alone is enough for me to place my open palm against my face as some would say.

Perhaps you should think of something to contribute next time you post.

Sure you'll have a hell of a time trying to do so because we kind of talked about everything there is know about in FE. ;/

Well, as far as I'm concerned, I've practically seen Lightli's argument before, and it made me want to facepalm then. And tbh, I just didn't feel like wasting time replying seriously to him because I just know he'll try to come up with another farfetched argument.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, I've practically seen Lightli's argument before, and it made me want to facepalm then. And tbh, I just didn't feel like wasting time replying seriously to him because I just know he'll try to come up with another farfetched argument.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, I've practically seen the same kind of posts as the one who had posted so I was merely pointing out how pointless your post was. Because it was pretty damn pointless seeing as we've both seen both things we have posted about.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, I've practically seen the same kind of posts as the one who had posted so I was merely pointing out how pointless your post was. Because it was pretty damn pointless seeing as we've both seen both things we have posted about.

Maybe, but if you're seriously expecting arguing that X can break a wall to be accepted as an argument, I think it's pretty obvious you're in desperate need of new material.

Maybe, but if you're seriously expecting arguing that X can break a wall to be accepted as an argument, I think it's pretty obvious you're in desperate need of new material.

Its not "Wendy can break walls", it's Wendy can break the wall in her join chapter so Barth and Oujay can get through". That's more than Amelia already.

Amelia is this chick with no pants that defects from her country just because.

Pros:

As with any of the trainees, there is potential.

1-2 range from the get-go.

Can actually rape some face in Creature Campaign.

Free speedwing.

Can get a horsie.

Cons:

:(: So many....

Requires a ton of abuse/babying to get anywhere. At all.

Growths arent that fantastic for a unit like this.

Strength is lol.

Going General is really dumb. (cuz she doesnt even gain the defense needed for the class. And her move goes down the toilet.)

Defense will always be in the crapper.

Great Knight smells on her too. (really i think if you ever use Amelia, Pally is her best bet.)

I actually dont think shes the worst unit in the game (or even the series). I actually think Knoll is worse. And Ewan. Shes not good though. If you have the patience to raise her, doing it in the main game isnt a good idea. I do sometimes use her in the main game for HORSIESPAM but yeah. Other guys are doing it better. 3/10 (Biased rating 5/10 because i dont mind training her that much and i usually play with CC in mind anyway.)

About the only thing she's got going over Nino is the fact that she can Canto the hell off of stores. As a Knight, she'll forever lag behind. As a Cavalier, her Aid is terrible. Her affinity doesn't help with damage, which is something she'd appreciate. All that room to grow means that she'll potentially be the best or worst thing to happen to you, and her growths indicate that it's more likely to be the latter.

2/10 (with the extra point being for her amusing recruitment conversations)

eclipse, you're doing it wrong. You have to make her a Super Recruit to preserve her adorable Recruit sprite. A horse does not make up the loss of her adorable Recruit sprite.

Amelia is the second of the trainees you get ... and she probably has the least going for her. Unlike Ross, who comes earlygame and can actually be trained without the Tower ... unlike Ewan, who comes in later but is a mage and can therefore attack accurately at 2-range, Amelia is a pseudo soldier-like class who loses AS to anything other than a slim lance. She can't use javelins because then she has 0 AS and terrible accuracy (and this is bad). It would be REALLY difficult to train her without the Tower (although I'm sure it's doable), and even the Tower is dangerous if she gets ganged up on enemies (or if the boss or the more powerful enemies hit her). Unless you like her or something, she's benched.

1/10, because I don't believe in giving 0s and I'm not counting a character's inventory as a "contribution to rating", so she doesn't get credit for the speedwings from me.

(Funny story: on my FE8 draft, I was originally planning on recruiting Amelia just because, but I missed her in chapter 9, Eirika's route, and when she came back in chapter 13, she repeatedly suicided on Joshua -- who had a Lancereaver -- every time I had to restart the chapter.)

Also, Wendy is an all around amazing woman <3

As far as I know, you'd say that about any FE girl, so... I guess I'll just leave it at that.

Its not "Wendy can break walls", it's Wendy can break the wall in her join chapter so Barth and Oujay can get through". That's more than Amelia already.

Well, I could have Barth break that wall, so I don't really consider that a point in her favor... Then again, I don't really count that as a contribution.