fe7 Exp draft no. 2

MacLovin

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories, and dig up items in the desert.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, opening Doors or Chests, talking to Fargus in Chapter 17x, or Seizing Castles in Chapter 25.

3. All Gaiden Chapters except 19xx, 23x and 28x are required to be visited. 24x and 28x may be visited at the player's discretion, and don't count towards the total turncount up to 20 turns taken per chapter.

4. Other units may do as they please without penalty.5. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

EXP-Draft specific rules:

1. Visiting Arenas is strictly prohibited. You may stand on an Arena for the Avoid bonus or for whatever you may want to for, but you may not visit. The only exception to this is to recruit Karla.

2. Bartre/Karla are drafted as a sole unit.

3. Lyn, Hector, Eliwood, Ninian, Athos, and Marcus are free. Matthew is also free, but Legault is banned. *see below for details*

3a. Matthew is free until Chapter 20. When this chapter is completed, you may choose to either keep Matthew as your free thief, or switch to Legault as your free thief. At no time may both thieves be deployed on any map. You may choose 1 thief to deploy after chapter 20. That thief is the only one you are allowed to use for the remainder of the game. Should you choose Legault, your gained levels from Matthew still count towards your total.

4. All drafted units must be recruited.

5. Final 2 undrafted units are free.

Penalties:

1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn deployment penalty, per unit per chapter. If an undrafted unit is deployed to recruit another unit, that unit may only execute a "wait" or "talk" command.

Exceptions:

1. Meatshielding is allowed for Chapter 13x.

2. Lyn, Kent, Sain and Wil are free for Chapter 16

Now, how do you figure out your grade at the end of this draft, you ask? Well, I'll tell you!

The object is to gain as many levels as possible. I.e., Hector starts at Lv. 1. You level him up to Lv. 20, then promote him, and level him up to Lv. 20. From Lv. 1 - 20 is +19 levels, then Lv 20/1 - 20/20 is another 19, so Hector can contribute up to 38 levels towards your final number. All your units combined gained levels may be represented at "TL".

Marcus joins at XX/1, so if you raise him to XX/15, he will contribute 14 levels to your total score. Units promoted at an earlier level, such as Raven promoting at Lv. 10, then going to 20 will provide you with 24 levels to your total (Base Lv. 5 - Lv. 10 = 5 levels, then 10/1 - 10/20 = 19 levels. 4+19=24)And how about your turn count?

You could just take forever and fart your way through the game. Well, you have a timer. Complete the game in 275 turns, and you can rest easy. For every 5 turns over the alloted 275, you take a ((TC - 275)/5) approach to add to your total levels gained. For every 5 turns under 275, you receive a bonus +1 to your score, and -1 for evey 5 turns over 275. Represent your turn count as "TC".

So the formula for coming up with your score is: TL - ((TC - 275)/5) = Total Score

Spoiler (Example of scoring)

Are you a bit confused. That's ok. I've provided an example, so you can see how it works.

So, if you gained 150 levels and finish on 270 turns, then;150 - ((270 - 275)/5) = 150 - (-5/5) = 150 - (-1) = 150 + (1) = 151.

See how it works? Good.

1. Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Marcus, Merlinus, Ninian/Nils, and Athos are free for all to use.

2. Geitz/Wallace are also free

3. The game will be played on Hector Normal Mode, skipping Lyn Mode.

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories, and dig up items in the desert.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, opening Doors or Chests, talking to Fargus in Chapter 17x, or Seizing Castles in Chapter 25.

3. All Gaiden Chapters except 19xx, 23x and 28x are required to be visited. 23x and 28x may be visited at the player's discretion, and don't count towards the total turncount up to 20 turns taken per chapter.

4. Other units may do as they please without penalty.

5. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

Penalties:

1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter.

Exceptions:

1. Matthew is free for Chapter 11.

2. Meatshielding is allowed for Chapter 13x.

3. Lyn, Kent, Sain and Wil are free for Chapter 16.

4. Undrafted Thieves may be used to obtain necessary Promotion items.

Teams:

(names go here)

Refa-Florina, Barte+Karla, Lucius, Raven, Wil, Oswin, Isadora

Boron-Erk, Fiora, Guy, Nino, Rath, Farina, Louise

Myself-Lowen, Heath, Sain, Pent, Hawkeye, Dorcas, Harken

Elieson-Serra, Rebecca, Kent, Prissy, Canas, Dart, Karel

Jaffar

Vaida

Renault

BANNED

Edited by The Insane One

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh ... I'll join. I might not start until after a while, but I'm in.

(Don't worry. No matter how long I take, I will always finish my drafts.)

Eh ... I'll join. I might not start until after a while, but I'm in.

(Don't worry. No matter how long I take, I will always finish my drafts.)

Yeah, don't go spending 2 weekends and 48 hours straight catching up on drafts, it's nerve wracking.

sometimes you can find someone to take over 1 for you if you've got too much on your hands

Edited by The Insane One

I have a plan here, I only intend to grab one pre-promote.

(People who know me can guess who it is)

Couldnt be Pent?

Couldnt be Pent?

No, it's Karla.

Boron was right though, Karla tends to go pretty fast in these drafts.

Edited by Refa

Elieson joined, did you add him to the OP?

Also, Baldrick got Bartre and Karla in the last EXP draft. I've been thinking ... I don't think it's fair to draft those two together in an experience draft. Because Karla is so low-leveled, the person who drafts Bartre + Karla essentially gets an extra unit and an extra 15 levels to add to their total. Perhaps she should be banned in an experience draft? mellow.gif

On phone.

Problem is, editing on phone sucks.

@guys, Karla is frail as heck, Barte may be decent, but Karla is.....ugh. Now, if we get 4-but not 5 by to-morrow afternoon, I'm starting this as a 4 man draft.

Marcus is easy to use, speedwings and he's epic for the entire game.

Also, what about I raise the TC to 320, because the only way we're doing LHM in less than 55 turns is Florina.

Wait, this is LHM as well? I should be more careful ...

Also, Insane, Karla may be frail as heck. But it doesn't really matter in an experience draft. Grind her up to level 20 in 31 or 31x, bench her, and you've got an instant supply of 15 levels. I personally think Karla should be banned in an experience draft, simply because the person who gets Bartre has a somewhat unfair advantage over the others, or she should be counted towards the six-person total. Meaning that if someone drafts Bartre on round 3, then Karla is automatically added to the person's roster as a round 4 pick, and the person's next pick is for round 5.

What do the rest of you think about this?

I think Karla should be drafted, but not have her levels counted towards the final count. Making up an extra 15 levels is insanely hard.

I will not be joining this draft.

I think Karla should be drafted, but not have her levels counted towards the final count. Making up an extra 15 levels is insanely hard.

I will not be joining this draft.

That would work too. Pretty much, it just seems to me like the person with Bartre+Karla would have an extra 15-level advantage over everyone else.

Not Unless you go nuts and give her boots and warp her to the VOD warrior group.

Yeah, good point. She's crappy due to availibility and bases. Barte himself is alright, but not her, she's just dead weight.

Karla levels up fast because she's underleveled compared to the group. And you can bring her along in 31x and have her kill stuff others have weakened. And anyway, people can and have leveled Karla up to 20 in a reasonable time frame. So ... I think she should either be not drafted or her levels don't count.

If you don't believe me, go check the first experience draft. In order for me to have won, I would've needed everyone at 20/20, and even that would've been rough.

Well, ask Elieson and whoever else signs up to participate in the draft as well. You know eclipse and my stance on it: Bartre+Karla=15 level advantage for one person, so something should be done to prevent that.

Because my lowest leveled unit was Guy, I would've had to have got everyone to 20/20 AND finished the draft in a REALLY low number of turns to have won. :P: That was more of my choice of units, picking higher leveled ones even if I got all but Nils to 20/20, but anyway ... 15 levels is hard for everyone else to make up.