Rate the Unit, Day 5: Bors

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is useful for visiting villages, and that is about it. His usefulness ends after chapter 3 once he visits the village with Lugh in it, but to take out the enemies on the way to that village he still needs a vulnerary. After chapter 3 he is just going around eating doubles from enemies that are far stronger then your troops not named Marcus, Dieck, or Rutger. That said if you can some how get him to promotion he can tank then ... maybe.

1.5/10 He is still more useful then some.

Fun fact: All of his support partners show up in chapter 8, of which Astol is the only decent unit.

He exists for five chapters no matter what, though he will be worse than Wolt, Dorothy, and Sue. It's difficult to imagine someone being worse than a slew of obscenely weak bowlocked people, but that's just how Bors does things. That's actually how all the armor knights do things. He's better than his sister and maybe on a par with Barth, but that's about it. If only the five worst units were sent to bottom tier he would still belong there.

Saved from a zero by participating in multiple chapters, a luxury many similarly abled characters are not likely to enjoy.

His job is to tank. He can't do it and he fails even more at everything else.

.75/10 (at least archers and loldiers won't kill him instantly *cough cough*)

Wolt at least has standard infantry movement and relatively accurate chip damage. Bors can't even reach the brigands that destroy him and his bad parameters and lance-lock.

1/10

Well, he's got free chapters to do not much in and he's basically miserable all around.

1.5/10. His contributions are marginal, but he can at least fight swordlocks and archers. Sort of.

I'd have to lug him around to be useful, but dropping him in the thick of things will end badly. At least Roy has the right weapon for the axefest that is the Western Isles.

1.5/10, because he's almost the worst there is

1.5/10. His contributions are marginal, but he can at least fight swordlocks and archers. Sort of.

The funny thing is that due to the weapon hit and the weapon triangle in this game, you'd have more hit fighting an enemy sword user with an Iron or Steel Sword than with their lance equivalents.

OH thanks for reminding me.

joke's on you, I said "by GJ"

now if you changed your username I might attempt to act annoyed just for you

I don't really consider that an argument, but this isn't the time or place, so I'm not going to pursue the subject further.

I was only being half serious in that post, so there's no real need to.

joke's on you, I said "by GJ"

now if you changed your username I might attempt to act annoyed just for you

:(

Name'll be fixed now that the day's over. Tallying.