How I see members here: Past and Present - Now with Integrity -

Elieson

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wouldn't know what to say if I went to a store and asked for headband scarves.

But yet, I picture Kit wearing those

Obvious Slayers fan, therefore, a teenage guy. Smart in an almost manipulative way. Also, a pacifist, despite "Slayer" in the username.

Really pathetically vague...sry

Edit- were you the one who told Frosty to hop off my nuts last night?

Edited by Elieson

Defeated elitist: Either you had the pride to admit you lost some crazy argument, or you are a chubby 20something Smogonite. Either way, your username screams "talentless", so I don't envision you as a physically appealing specimen. In the world you live in, your personality gets you damn far. I bet you BS you're essays for school like a fat kid eats donuts; on the fly and with experience.

no fuck your bullshit

i don't like this thread anymore

Obvious Slayers fan, therefore, a teenage guy. Smart in an almost manipulative way. Also, a pacifist, despite "Slayer" in the username.

Really pathetically vague...sry

Edit- were you the one who told Frosty to hop off my nuts last night?

I don't really remember that about frosty, so probably wasn't me. Also you are right about me, although i'm not entirely sure on the manipulative part

I don't really remember that about frosty, so probably wasn't me. Also you are right about me, although i'm not entirely sure on the manipulative part

That is what the keyword "almost" was representing.

My punches hurt pretty badly. My kicks just hurt more. It's why I don't put force into anything when I spar unless there's defensive gear on. Especially with this one friend. My other sparring partner's pretty durable, but one of my friends really can't take a hit .-.

He's like a myrm or something

pretty dodgy

but dies when hit so I try not to make contact but it's not my fault when he dodges in the wrong direction >______________<

Up until recently, I was doing martial arts.

And damn, no pads or shit to soften blows hurts like shit.

I didn't get to use defensive gear, it always went to the younger ones.

I always end up fighting fast ones, and my kicks are slow.

My arms got tough after blocking a fuckton of blows and returning them in kind.

Of course, if you're one of those tourney fighters, then I can't say anything, I can barely manage a tie against tourney fighters of my lvl or slightly higher (fuck, fast people that run around like rabbits and then gets my blind spot).

Wow ... I see that this thread got a little ... crazy after I left. :XD: Also, I'm laughing and slightly disturbed by Tangerine and Defeatist Elitist's poem.

@Boron, that is a rare and really cool quality to have. I've simply never seen anyone make conversation so obviously ambiguous like that before,l so it just shook me though a loop is all.

Really? That's pretty interesting. I knew that a lot of people have trouble distinguishing my gender over the Internet unless I go out of my way to make it obvious, but only one other person has ever mentioned why. Since I'm not doing it on purpose (like I said, I write what comes to mind), I guess that's just a strange little quirk of mine.

Up until recently, I was doing martial arts.

And damn, no pads or shit to soften blows hurts like shit.

I didn't get to use defensive gear, it always went to the younger ones.

I always end up fighting fast ones, and my kicks are slow.

My arms got tough after blocking a fuckton of blows and returning them in kind.

Of course, if you're one of those tourney fighters, then I can't say anything, I can barely manage a tie against tourney fighters of my lvl or slightly higher (fuck, fast people that run around like rabbits and then gets my blind spot).

I have pretty good speed, power, and durability, but my stamina is ass. As in I can go batshit insane on you...but for about 5 minutes max. I can take hits though even when tired out.

I mean fuck I deal with the horriblest cramps once a month all other pain is absolutely /nothing/

Has to do with my shitty lung capacity, breathing becomes an issue after a while

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I used to take tae kwan do. I can't remember exactly why I quit, though, it was more than 10 years ago. Hopefully when I have time I can pick it up again. I also took fencing for about a year. I quit, though, because of a few factors: 1) no matter how much padding you wear, the tip of those swords really hurt. And some people just stab you with those, hard 2) natural arm-span disadvantage. Because I'm about 4' 9" or so, I can't reach my opponent from as far away, so I'd have to get in closer to them, whereas the person I'm sparring against can reach me from a further distance, and 3) was busy again.

I have pretty good speed, power, and durability, but my stamina is ass. As in I can go batshit insane on you...but for about 5 minutes max. I can take hits though even when tired out.

I mean fuck I deal with the horriblest cramps once a month all other pain is absolutely /nothing/

Has to do with my shitty lung capacity, breathing becomes an issue after a while

I can last forever, but my foot agility is ass.

Of course, come within arm length.........

I trained my legs mostly

I bench an unproportionally large amount of weight compared to my size with my legs

It scared the guys in my gym class back in HS

fun times

But I do lift weights too ish when I'm free

Yeah I hate it when I'm busy

like this week

3 inschool midterms

1 takehome

fml

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I used to take tae kwan do. I can't remember exactly why I quit, though, it was more than 10 years ago. Hopefully when I have time I can pick it up again. I also took fencing for about a year. I quit, though, because of a few factors: 1) no matter how much padding you wear, the tip of those swords really hurt. And some people just stab you with those, hard 2) natural arm-span disadvantage. Because I'm about 4' 9" or so, I can't reach my opponent from as far away, so I'd have to get in closer to them, whereas the person I'm sparring against can reach me from a further distance, and 3) was busy again.

I did it too, and it was the traditional school.

With some police officer instructing the class.

I got up to 1st dan, and since I'm moving, have no time for it.

I've never heard of a "rondeau".

Neither had I until Tangerine explained to me what it was this morning while it was happening.

Edited by Integrity

Up until recently, I was doing martial arts.And damn, no pads or shit to soften blows hurts like shit.I didn't get to use defensive gear, it always went to the younger ones.I always end up fighting fast ones, and my kicks are slow.My arms got tough after blocking a fuckton of blows and returning them in kind.Of course, if you're one of those tourney fighters, then I can't say anything, I can barely manage a tie against tourney fighters of my lvl or slightly higher (fuck, fast people that run around like rabbits and then gets my blind spot).

I have pretty good speed, power, and durability, but my stamina is ass. As in I can go batshit insane on you...but for about 5 minutes max. I can take hits though even when tired out.I mean fuck I deal with the horriblest cramps once a month all other pain is absolutely /nothing/Has to do with my shitty lung capacity, breathing becomes an issue after a while

Cool stuff. My experience with TKD might have been kind of unusual for somebody who decides to take up martial arts- I started so young I couldn't have really sparred then, so I just focused on form and advancement. I used to hate sparring; while we always wore protective gear from pads to facecages and never really got hurt, I always found moving around in them really uncomfortable, was overly sensitive to sweating and generally disliked being competitive. Oddly enough, it took some playing of games competitively and anime for me to imagine how it could actually be fun, but I haven't picked it up again since about 6 years ago, when I was working on a second dan.

I never really noticed how much more flexible and durable it made me until I lost what I'd gained. I've always been skinny and not very imposing, but in the middle of it I could at least kick to head level and move around enough that despite my size, I was never afraid of a hypothetical bully (never really had to be, though). Now I really am as wimpy as I look :{ minus knowing how to throw a punch.

Never really had a style, didn't quite get into it or think about it that much while I was still doing it. My only tournament was as a kid, and even then I was so outclassed I found it hilarious. Once we'd began, the kid I was sparring against was so fast I literally couldn't see him move.

It'd be nice to find a martial art that's really good for me long-term again.

Edited by Rehab

I'll have to look it up later, when I have time.

If I recall the conversation, it's a French style of poem that ...something about six stanzas and ...rhymes AABBA AACD AACCAD?

EDIT: poetry is not my forte so just note that i did not intend to offend anybody who actually knows what a rondeau is by misrepresenting it

Edited by Integrity