New Story Trailer + site update

deuxhero

Kind of trivial, but the magic circle that spawns the corpse soldiers has the marks of the zodiac around it.

Whenever I hear Zodiac I get FFT vibes, but maybe that's just me...I wonder if it'll have any significance in the story.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever I hear Zodiac I get FFT vibes, but maybe that's just me...I wonder if it'll have any significance in the story.

You shouldn't, since FE3 came before FFT and had zodiac shards as plot-relevant items.

I see Sumia is going to be a moeblob.

It's a legitimate marketing strategy.

Also, the area where Emelina is standing is the same as in the opening. Does that mean Iris is built on top of Gimle or Naga's body? Getting Xenoblade vibes...

Oh geez. XD

And I haven't even played Xenoblade

I thought the Disney like castle was in the capital of Iris, but where Emelina is standing looks like somewhere else. Maybe she's in a trip somewhere? It would explain why she's not with Krom and Liz when they are running away.

You shouldn't, since FE3 came before FFT and had zodiac shards as plot-relevant items.

I can't help it, I played FFT first. sweatdrop.gif

Although yeah, it probably has more to do with the FE3 ones.

So is the MU destined to be a mage?

MU uses both magic and swords, at least initially. No clear indication of it necessarily having a preference for one or the other.

it would be cool if MU get a branched promotion that lets him choose in which one he wants to specialize

Personally, I'm hoping it'll be possible to customize his initial stats enough to make that choice from the start of the game. A branched promotion could take that even further, but I'm not sure what options they might be able to give him, staying distinct without just being a better version of other classes - if not dominating other classes is even a possibility in the first place. I mean, if he just stays with swords/magic the whole game, it's not as huge of an issue, but what interesting options could he have with that?

Edited by Othin

Yeah I know, but her clothes don't really match.

Same character wearing different clothes seems a lot more plausible than a different character having the exact same hair, including those wing-shaped things.

Edited by Othin

Kind of trivial, but the magic circle that spawns the corpse soldiers has the marks of the zodiac around it.

Man, I noticed that weeks ago.

The animation has some weird moments. Like how Krom reacts before hearing Liz cry. Or how the soldiers' weapons aren't really clashing. Or how Sumia manages to lift Krom and evade the spears within half a second. And that last part with Marth and Krom jumping at each others just make me laugh really.

The part with the dark dragon is really nice though.

Anyone has any idea about what's inside the portal when it's opening? It looks like it has eyes, but it could just be a glimmering effect.

Edited by Marthur

Personally, I'm hoping it'll be possible to customize his initial stats enough to make that choice from the start of the game. A branched promotion could take that even further, but I'm not sure what options they might be able to give him, staying distinct without just being a better version of other classes - if not dominating other classes is even a possibility in the first place. I mean, if he just stays with swords/magic the whole game, it's not as huge of an issue, but what interesting options could he have with that?

This is what I'm hoping for. Like you, I'm a bit puzzled as to what promotion options MU could have aside from being better versions of normal units. Also, I wonder what type of skill MU will gain. I'm inclined to think it'd be something akin to boosting the stats of all units in range if not something to do with the Duel system.

The animation has some weird moments. Like how Krom reacts before hearing Liz cry. Or how the soldiers' weapons aren't really clashing. Or how Sumia manages to lift Krom and evade the spears within half a second. And that last part with Marth and Krom jumping at each others just make me laugh really.

The really funny part is that in an interview, it was said that a huge chunk of the game's budget went directly to oursourcing these cg scenes.