Rate the Unit, Day 27: Fir

you remind me of those guys on youtube/gamefaqs who love their growth units. I find it interesting you only gave wendy 5%, considering I've heard of multiple accounts saying she is great when trained. Seems right up your alley.

Keep in mind we don't have to rate on Efficiency/LTC, so he's perfectly entitled to say "Is good when a Swordmaster"

Keep in mind I gave her the same rating as Dondon, 4/10

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess voting on how you like is too much to ask, vote (supposedly)wrong and you get a whole essay about it.

It's to explain the logic behind your vote. Some people want an essay's worth of logic; other people can sum it up in two sentences.

you remind me of those guys on youtube/gamefaqs who love their growth units. I find it interesting you only gave wendy 5%, considering I've heard of multiple accounts saying she is great when trained. Seems right up your alley.

I really would give her a try. But I know a lost cause when I see one. Especially in Hard Mode, Wendy is beyond a lost cause, and I gave the 0.5 because she can at least triangle attack if a player so wishes... Near impossible to raise because of her rubbish bases, rubbish hit rate (lances are not very reliable to begin with), rubbish evade, and to triangle attack Bors, another pretty fail unit, must be deployed too. Cannot raise effectively because of the shitstorm of an axefest that appears over the next few chapters she is recruited.

Fir isn't a lost cause and as I said, the rewards for raising her are pretty phenomenal, and I'd be willing to bet that many people voting her below a 5 have not even tried raising her anything past a Myrmidon.

okay

I swear that was 2 higher when I saw it last.

Also @ Raven

I used her just fine last HM run. But PEMN when I'm giving my honest opinion about her

fbyrm9.jpg

My freaking ROY from that run pretty much looked like this all game, that didn't mean Roy deserved an 8

nf28z.jpg

Though he certainly wanted it

Edited by Onmi

I really would give her a try. But I know a lost cause when I see one. Especially in Hard Mode, Wendy is beyond a lost cause, and I gave the 0.5 because she can at least triangle attack if a player so wishes... Near impossible to raise because of her rubbish bases, rubbish hit rate (lances are not very reliable to begin with), rubbish evade, and to triangle attack Bors, another pretty fail unit, must be deployed too. Cannot raise effectively because of the shitstorm of an axefest that appears over the next few chapters she is recruited.

I did mention the triangle attack, but didn't feel it was deserving of any points because in all likelihood, it isn't happening.

I gave my score based on the fact I always baby the shit out of her, and she always overtakes Rutger in ability to actually stay alive throughout a chapter. Favouritism in a sense, but it's what makes these RTU topics interesting.

dude, i've been putting in that many words into every single previous rating and no one has given me shit for it

my credentials should already be justification enough. seriously, fuck narga for being a whistleblower

Actually, in dead seriousness most of the time you put in a short, relevant sentence (cavalier but still kinda shitty) and I take it on the grounds of your credentials. This one was even lower than those.

Anyway, tallying. I'm going to give your 2 a pass but, seriously dude, if I ask for more shit just give me more shit next time. It's hard enough to deal with people like Whase and Kanjichick without this.

EDIT:

I guess voting on how you like is too much to ask, vote (supposedly)wrong and you get a whole essay about it.

Oh for FUCK'S sake haven't I gone over this bullshit enough already? Kindly go die.

Edited by Integrity

All you people saying Fir is a mini-Rutger are wrong.

She IS Rutger. Seriously, compare their stats at any given level. She basically has luck and res in exchange for def (hp and def after promotion). Her more viable supports are countered by the effectiveness of his. They're almost the same.

HOWEVER, he joins at level 4 in chapter 4, she joins at level 1 in chapter 9. That's hardly ideal for her. In fact, it's distinctly unideal. She needs favourism to survive between axeland and promotionland, but if she gets it, you have a unit potentially as devastating as Rutger on your hands.

5/10

hahaha

sorry baldrick man you missed it by a whopping 5 minutes

going to put your score in anyway because pity (and because it doesn't actually change fir's rounded score)

Dat Rules

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

Rating phase doesn't end *at* 0800, goof. It ends when I tally. :D

I gave my score based on the fact I always baby the shit out of her, and she always overtakes Rutger in ability to actually stay alive throughout a chapter. Favouritism in a sense, but it's what makes these RTU topics interesting.

Her growths are fairly similar to his. She does not 'overtake' Rutger, she's just a secondary Rutger should you give her favouritism.

Because she basically thrives on favouritism.

Her growths are fairly similar to his. She does not 'overtake' Rutger, she's just a secondary Rutger should you give her favouritism.

Because she basically thrives on favouritism.

I'm willing to give her favouratism every time. She's devestating.

Actually, in dead seriousness most of the time you put in a short, relevant sentence (cavalier but still kinda shitty) and I take it on the grounds of your credentials. This one was even lower than those.

do i really have to restate the obvious (hurr sword user)

Anyway, tallying. I'm going to give your 2 a pass but, seriously dude, if I ask for more shit just give me more shit next time. It's hard enough to deal with people like Whase and Kanjichick without this.

everyone knows whase and ayanami are clinically retarded and i am a genius

I disagree with your opinion, but I still got a laugh out of it.

Cheers.

And lol Ikki Tenryou.

It is Ikki of Medabots, isn't it? Looks like it anyway.

Edited by Raven

I disagree with your opinion, but I still got a laugh out of it.

Cheers.

And lol Ikki Tenryou.

It is Ikki of Medabots, isn't it? Looks like it anyway.

Yes, in the Medarot RPGs for the GBA, Ikki has a habit of being forced to Crossdress, I believe he does it 5 or so times over the course of a game

Yes, in the Medarot RPGs for the GBA, Ikki has a habit of being forced to Crossdress, I believe he does it 5 or so times over the course of a game

...Forced... To cross-dress.

I don't even

You know, Medabots Wiki is something I have yet to check out. Must do that soon.

On topic: I love Fir.