I'm trying to decide on which laguz i should focus on in my laguz only run..

Vika is ridiculous if your willing to boss abuse .

You dont have to boss abuse her really. When she comes back in 4-4, stick Paragon on her and a Laguz Gem/Stone and watch the fun.

I once got Vika to level 37 in part 1 (abused the bosses of chapters 1-7 and 1-E). when I regained her in part 4, Bexped her to 40 to cap all stats.

abusing enemies with Laguz is easy, let them fight untransformed and see their level shoot for the stars.

Assuming that you remove his Halfshift capability as soon as possible, my loyal vessel, Volug, is an adept in developing to a point in between that of royal and non-royal laguz. I'm not baised or anything... *howl*

You could always bexp muraim not like he needs the cexp .

But the best thing to do is get them the closest to SS strike :(: .

That'd be like saving a load of BEXP to Ranulf and level him up from base to lv. 40, capping every stat but lol A strike :dry:

[01:02:24] <Lindesux> btw I have been using Kyza

[01:02:42] <Lindesux> He is gr9mazing because he can 2RKO everything with a Energy and Wing

[01:03:15] <Lindesux> Better than faggots like Haar man I'm so glad I benched him

[01:04:07] <Lindesux> I've also been using Aran instead of that lame Nolan

[01:07:31] <Lindesux> I got him to a point where he was 3HKO'd by tigers

[01:07:42] <Lindesux> And yet Sothe was still a more useful tank than he was

• 3 weeks later...

Vika is hard to level up and her shittty strength isn't worth the effort. As the game progresses, the most she'll do is 6 damage x2. Don't bother with her. Muarim is a definitely. He's my favorite non-royal laguz.

Lethe has great speed and luck and gets crits often. Mordecai is eh. I had one good playthrough with him but... eh.

PS the only heron you should bother using is Reyson.

• 3 months later...

Mordecai with a few levels of Bexp can do wonders, especially if he caps def (22 untransformed) 22 def in normal is quite good, just watch out for mages!

Give him taunt and watch the enemies crawl to him!

• 2 weeks later...

Aside from the 6 you picked yourself.

1. ranulf

2.Jannaff

3. Ulki

4.Skrimir

5.voulg

6.vika

Let's see what would I recommend (assuming you avoid royals)

7. Muarim

He's decent enough when he returns unlike vika and tormod. You can give the Part 1 exp to Vika and Volug and still use him pretty well.

8. Mordecai

Resolve solves his speed problem and makes him pretty darn good.

9. Kysha.

Most people avoid him but I have calculated before that with Blossom + Bexp slowplay he becomes pretty darn good after 3-8 to 3-10 assuming he doesnt'get RNG screwed.

10. Nealuchi

He can get S-rank strike in 2-P and has good speed. He needs to catch up when he rejoins in part 4 but he's not on Vika and Muarim's team so he can get a lot of exp there. Just like Vika he's a great Adept + Tear monster.

Ugh. 1 more and it's between Lethe and Lyre.

11. Lethe.

Just better base stats and a higher starting level (which means quicker Rend (which is her only savior)). Funny how she's assumed to be a fast unit and starts out with a pretty bleh 24 speed.

Edited by Silith

• 2 weeks later...

Lol, not to burst anyones bubble but Vika is by far the best non-royal, at 40 she beats naesala, there are easy mothods to get her to around 30 within the first chapter she appears, Skrimir or one of the hawks are also worthy investments. However dont just Bexp her,

Her Growth rates are intense for a laguzHP - 60% Speed - 60%Strength - 25% Luck - 65%Magic - 50% Defense - 15%Skill - 60% Resistance - 65%

Here are some other examples RenulfHP - 70% Speed - 35%Strength - 30% Luck - 55%Magic - 15% Defense - 15%Skill - 40% Resistance - 10%NailahHP - 60% Speed - 20%Strength - 30% Luck - 45%Magic - 15% Defense - 30%Skill - 20% Resistance - 30%

If you level her up, all her stats should max before 40.

Sources: http://www.supercheats.com/wii/walkthroughs/fireemblemradiantdawn-walkthrough07.txt

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Naesala's caps for str is 20 and speed is 25, and he has no problem hitting either of those. Vika caps at 16 and 23. That's not much a difference untransformed, but Naesala is always transformed. When both of them are transformed, that means Naesala has 40 str vs Vika's 32, on top of a better strike weapon, because royals get better weapons too. Assuming you manage to get both characters with maxed strength and SS rank strike:

Naesala: 58x2 = 116 damage

Vika: 49x2 = 98 damage

If you factor in defence, Vika fails to even damage Dheginsea (the most extreme example) without blood tide in normal mode or higher.

Naesala also has an overkill 50 speed vs Vika's 46. Their speed are both going to be more than you need, but in no way is Vika "better than Naesala". Plus, Naesala doesn't have to abuse a part 1 boss just to get his strike level up, whereas Vika has to do it or she's going to suck when she returns in part 4.

Lol, not to burst anyones bubble but Vika is by far the best non-royal, at 40 she beats naesala, there are easy mothods to get her to around 30 within the first chapter she appears, Skrimir or one of the hawks are also worthy investments. However dont just Bexp her,

Her Growth rates are intense for a laguzHP - 60% Speed - 60%Strength - 25% Luck - 65%Magic - 50% Defense - 15%Skill - 60% Resistance - 65%

Here are some other examples RenulfHP - 70% Speed - 35%Strength - 30% Luck - 55%Magic - 15% Defense - 15%Skill - 40% Resistance - 10%NailahHP - 60% Speed - 20%Strength - 30% Luck - 45%Magic - 15% Defense - 30%Skill - 20% Resistance - 30%

If you level her up, all her stats should max before 40.

Sources: http://www.supercheats.com/wii/walkthroughs/fireemblemradiantdawn-walkthrough07.txt

I hate to burst your bubble, but you're wrong. Vika just isn't even close to being the best non-royal laguz, mainly thanks to her availability (or lack thereof).

Edited by Golden Cucco

Volug:Best Laguz in game.

Hawks/TIgers:Safe choices to raise with little hassle. (Ok, Kyza has mediocre bases+growths and Muarim has availibility problems..>_>)

NEaluchi-S STRIKE 2-P!

Royals/Herons-Need I say anything?

Relying on growths doesn't make a good unit.

Ok, Let's put this logic in line...

1. Vika = Best Laguz

2. Vika > Neasala

3. Easy Methods for lv 30 in starting chapter (= boss abuse)

4. Don't BEXP her

5. Intense Laguz growths

6. If you level her, al stats will be capped before lv 40

Statement one is a plain lie.

Statement two is a blatant lie.

3. Is actually true, with animations of it's like ten minutes you could have used for something else, but it isn't strenuous.

Statement 4 is true if you bexp her from the start, if you bexp her after she caps stats, she finally gets the horrible STR growth kicking in.

Intense growths except Defense and STr. Useful...

Statement 6: http://serenesforest.net/fe10/average/vika.html

Yeah no.

Bubble was burst.

Anyway. I even if the Op still sees this, the majority of the people here had sense, and have given some good units. Volug, Nealuchi, Mordecai, Ulki, Janaff, all good. Skrimir, good, Muarim & Kysha, salvageable. Etc