Creationz

Mercenary Lord

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it! Look forward to seeing it in sprite form. :)

Gosh I hope his head doesn't be that large. o.O

uh

he's kinda

small ._.

like I think ross is larger than him

and your whole animating process isn't very smart, it's best to put the sprite on a field that's actual size(i think fexp is something like 288 x 180?)

can't really say much more since it's just a stick figure atm

and gigawood is obviously compensating for something

I'm assuming he turns away from the camera when the drops the halberd initially. It seems kind of odd to me that he'd go from a one hand hold to a two hand hold, but when it comes to actually striking, using only one hand.

Is this going to be a lance or an axe unit? Judging by the fact that it slices, not stabs, I'd guess axe.

Edited by deranger

I'm assuming he turns away from the camera when the drops the halberd initially. It seems kind of odd to me that he'd go from a one hand hold to a two hand hold, but when it comes to actually striking, using only one hand.

Is this going to be a lance or an axe unit? Judging by the fact that it slices, not stabs, I'd guess axe.

I don't think he every actually holds the axe with two hands, but rather it looks that way because it is a stick figure so when his other arms goes over the handle it appears that he is holding it with two hands. I might be wrong though. :P

Edited:

I was ninja'd. :(

Edited by eCut

deranger basically mentioned what I was going to; I know that FE units don't exactly make a ton of sense with their animations (either with frame skips, movements that aren't physically possible, etc.), but since that's a strike with a halberd/polearm of some kind, I would think that not only would the unit be repositioning it behind them with two hands, they'd be swinging it two-handed also. If the axe was smaller, I'd buy a one-handed attack, but you'd want more control for that much mass. I would also imagine that with that much mass moving forward, the strike would be faster than it is, too. I'd probably reverse the timings on the repositioning and swinging, to be honest or at least make them around the same speed. A person would want to conserve more of their energy to make use of it in the swing, so I'd imagine that, unless the unit was in a huge rush to hit a close enemy, they'd take their time to set their form before delivering the blow (something that Hector's T1 animation displays, for example).

Edited by Lord Glenn

Thing about the swing is that I accidentally added an extra frame. I'll be taking it out for the final version, and that should make it look better.

EDIT: Hm...maybe I'll make him use two hands. I dunno.

Edited by Mercenary Lord

Now that lord glen mentions it, your animation is pretty similar to hector t1's. Non airborne-ness? What exactly will differentiate the two (if it's little things, you might be able to get away with splicing =D!)

Well, for one thing, it's a poleaxe, and for another, he has a loincloth. For a third, this guy is supposed to be less bulky, although I doubt I've succeeded there, and stuff.

I don't see how this is similar to Hector's sprite, personally.

But it also increases my opportunities for awesome motion frames, if I do this right.

UPDATE-

-

WHAT HAVE I WROUGHT?

749299953eb7d6e577c06d628944c522.png?1340077829

DEAR LORD, THE HORROR! I NEED TO COME BACK TO THIS THING ASAP OR DIE TRYING.

Edited by Mercenary Lord

• 2 weeks later...

The way the axe swipes seems odd, why does it go down then spin and curve up? Shouldnt it be more fluid from initial pose to the second pose?

Hand shouldn't move up, you don't retain the position in the second pose and there's no reason for his hand to be that close to the blade, his armor plate/hanging cloth from his waist sits oddly and seems to shorten when he spins.

Leg shading is expremely pillowy particularly on the rear of the pants, there's no bend I his knees yet he's bowlegged

It's a work in progress

There is a reason for his hand to be close to the blade, and it's to avoid the blade hitting the ground when it spins. I made the last frame at about...12 A.M.

I think this whole thing will make more sense when I make more progress.

Edited by Mercenary Lord