Creationz

Mercenary Lord

Are you perhaps trying to make him hold the axe the way Greil does in his artwork?

Although I don't battle sprite so I don't have much to say, but I do agree the movement looks sorta weird when watching him draw his axe back...

And also I was gonna say "somebody dares not listen to Vampire Elfy???"

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wherever his hand holds the pole at the angle the pole becomes, it's unlikely he"ll hit the floor with it, what I meant by not retaining the position is that his hand seems to slide back to its initial distance by the 2nd pose, his other arm also seems really awkward at all times, I'm not sure if you actually want cnc, but let me know if you don't ;) and I won't continue

Well, I made a pirate. Raaaargh.

2diOq.png

Because Klok wanted an awesome pirate.

Also, this apparently has the potential for a Lolcritical where the hand in the pocket contains the universes biggest axe. But that's for later.

Also, the axe-holding arm is gross. I know that already.

Edited by Mercenary Lord

Wow, very pillowy, personally I'm gonna debate "awesome pirate"

Arm in the pocket seems too thin in the deltoid/bicep(upper arm and shoulder) chest/torso shading makes very little sense, the pant leg seems real pillowy as do the boots, but the boots are all round and lack a sensical shape? they look like smurf shoes :( You've got a long way to go, but keep it up :)

Edited by Vampire Elf

I'm no expert in the Battle Animation field, but It looks pretty good to me.

For the critical you should have him pull out a flintlock and just brain whoever he is fighting.

HEY GAIS LOOK.

Part1.gif

Okay, so the last frame is still being worked on (A LOT), but I wanted to get this up ASAP.

6.5 Frames out of who knows how many, finished. :)

Basing it off Klok's stick figure in his avatar when it comes to timing makes it look too jumpy.

His pants when turning around also look like King of Fighters XIII shaded because of the way it looks pillowy. They intentionally did that-ish in KOF because they wanted to mix the sprites with a model type look.

That's not a good thing if we're going for FE battle sprites here.

Still got a ways to go from BwdYeti level.

Basing it off Klok's stick figure in his avatar when it comes to timing makes it look too jumpy.

I'm actually going to slow it down in FEXP to a more realistic speed, his GIF program just doesn't have as many options for animating as FEXP will.

wat is this i don't even

hMlAt.gif

My animating program thingy is pretty bad, so the actual timing is a little off. This thing is just a little side project I worked on a while back but never finished, but yay I finished it.

Edited by Mercenary Lord

That's something I've been meaning to ask about. When you say pillow-y how exactly is it Pillow Shaded?

I think I see what you mean, I just want to see if what I'm thinking is the same as what you're thinking.

Also thanks for responding so quick. The wyvern back is mostly customed, because the saddle and stuff got in the way.

Edited by Mercenary Lord

All right, I think we had the same idea. Thanks for reminding me.

Almost everything except for two motion frames were made a long time ago, and I was just really lazy and didn't check over my shading. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Edited by Mercenary Lord

Vamp, you must have eyes of a hawk or something bcause jesus christ who can even make out details when you have 0.13ms to see each frame, let alone tell if they're pillow shaded? That, or you put it in a GIF decryptor and slowed it down lol

Correction: I used the entire Wyvern Lord for the landing frames. :3

But I see what you mean. And I probably should have given the sheet as well.

[spoiler=Here.]

Insav.png

Have at it. This should make things a lot easier to critique. And now I can actually see what everyone's talking about, yeah.