Creationz

Mercenary Lord

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The Robot doesn't move because I'm lazy and the guy who requested it is fine with it. The Eliwood one is supposed to take that long. I've cut it down, but if he just went and suddenly attacked with a big sword, there'd be no point to it. :/

Thanks for pointing it out, though. I'll avoid it for some of my more 'Fire-Emblem' sprites, and not these wacky ones.

Edited by Mercenary Lord

The point is not to make it accurate, it's to make it interesting. Even if Eliwood's animation is "supposed" to take that long, it's still tedious and uninteresting to look at. If tedious and uninteresting is your goal, then that's fine, but if you want to make Eliwood have a long AND interesting animation, you definitely need to make an effort to add in more movement.

If the lightning strikes as soon as Eliwood lifts his sword and it poofs into the gigasword, it'll be snappy and still get the prep time across. The glowing and flashing and the first stage of growth is really tedious to watch and way overdone. The robot one could have the timing sped up but otherwise I don't think you really need to change the frames.

Hahaa, you should scroll up a bit and look at the old one. It was like, half a minute of glowing.

The timing bit is different from the sheet itself. I'm not the best at sequencing frames, so it does kind of detract from the overall sprite. Thanks for the crit, though. I'll see what happens.

I find it way better, personally. You might even want to go straight from glowy sword to big glowy sword if you're willing to move the lightning effect around a little. The spacing between the first transformation and the second transformation was unnecessarily long before and this is a lot more watchable. For some reason I think his cape should flutter a little when he first raises his arms but that's just me wanting to see the movement of his body have more effect on the loose fabric, but that's tough to do and make it look good.

The frames I made for the lightning fit best there, but I'll see about the cape fluttering

I'm glad you like it more. It's supposed to be the critical attack Eliwood never got, so it's fine with me if it's a little flashy.

Edited by Mercenary Lord

I don't know what you're trying to pull by having such an unnecessarily long intro man

The high lead strings aren't lead-y enough, trying using a better sample

actually everything is just way too soft, it's far too ambient

The end is far too sudden. You'd think there was meant to be some soft string chords afterwards but it just stops far too abruptly

Is this song for anything in particular? I only ask because I don't know what it's for and can't give crit accordingly

also those chords at the end are sooooo cheesy

Eeenope. I made it cause I had nothing else to do. And I don't really feel like going back to it. Cause I'm lazy. :/

Oh, and the samples I used are the samples I've got. So can't really do much there.

Edited by Mercenary Lord

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...