New Iwata asks: "You can marry any of your allies, and your My Unit characters too."

deuxhero

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of stereotypically, if my memory serves. Janne, the gay guy, fit the Japanese stereotype of the big, muscular, slightly effeminate super-dude-loving-gay-as-all-hell guy, and the lesbian character whose name I don't immediately remember was on the meek side, had a background in a private girls' school, and was physically sickened by the presence of men.

Does anyone else find it a little but jarring that the same series that fully embraced incest still has no Gay Options? I can accept (begrudgingly) that due to the baby making mechanic there wouldnt be any gay parents, but to not even give us the option to appease our yaoi and yuri desires is depressing. I'll still buy though, cause this is game does, despite this tiny flaw, look fucktastic.

Does anyone else find it a little but jarring that the same series that fully embraced incest still has no Gay Options? I can accept (begrudgingly) that due to the baby making mechanic there wouldnt be any gay parents, but to not even give us the option to appease our yaoi and yuri desires is depressing. I'll still buy though, cause this is game does, despite this tiny flaw, look fucktastic.

[sarcasm] Well, incest and pedophilia are a-ok with most religious groups [/sarcasm]

In all honesty, I wasn't expecting there to be the option, I just was hoping for it. Although they haven't said anything about gay or lesbian characters not being in the game.

Anyway, let's just hope romance isn't a mandatory thing, and we can respectfully decline the offers of our crew lol

Kind of stereotypically, if my memory serves. Janne, the gay guy, fit the Japanese stereotype of the big, muscular, slightly effeminate super-dude-loving-gay-as-all-hell guy, and the lesbian character whose name I don't immediately remember was on the meek side, had a background in a private girls' school, and was physically sickened by the presence of men.

Janne was a Lancer (get it!? he SHOOTS Lances at a Tank's rear end!, oh, how clever!), and the was Dallas, the Engineer. Janne got a lot more screen time, due to being in Edy's group, but poor Dallas has fallen into obscurity. It's sad, since her ending implied her becoming more attracted to Rosie, and yet they never used that come VC2, where she makes pretty sweet cameo.

While the two of them were really stereotypical, the rest of the cast were more realistic. . . outside of the Skies of Arcadia references lol

VC2 and VC3 don't have any gay characters, at least none that I am aware of

Edited by StrategistPockystix

I really don't see how the series has fully embraced incest. There has been no incest aside from Priscilla's weird childhood crush since FE4.

You know, I just realised possibly the biggest FE blasphemy. You're going to marry Anna and have her children. What the heck...

Delicious NTR.

What about poor Jake?

She dumps him for you

How about that

Edited by TheEnd

I wouldn't exactly say FE4 embraced incest, either. There was a town rescue conversation that said (something to the effect) that while a marriage between siblings of holy blood would strengthen the power of the blood greatly, it would be basically unthinkable politically, so it was definitely verboten in-universe at least. As far as the game's actual examples go, Lachesis and Aless couldn't be open about it, and Alvis+Deirdre/Diadora basically unleashed hell on earth with one kid. So incest was there, but the closest the game got to letting you have a say in it was stuff like pairing cousins.

I wouldn't exactly say FE4 embraced incest, either. There was a town rescue conversation that said (something to the effect) that while a marriage between siblings of holy blood would strengthen the power of the blood greatly, it would be basically unthinkable politically, so it was definitely verboten in-universe at least. As far as the game's actual examples go, Lachesis and Aless couldn't be open about it, and Alvis+Deirdre/Diadora basically unleashed hell on earth with one kid. So incest was there, but the closest the game got to letting you have a say in it was stuff like pairing cousins.

Not just politically, at least according to the translation on this site.

Villager:

Only direct descendants inherit the full power of the gods.

And they're the only ones who can handle divine items such as the Sacred Relics.

However, if the blood of immediate family members crosses, the blood becomes enriched, and their progeny'll reap the full power of their god...

But that practice is strictly forbidden, and for obvious reasons!

So yeah, definitely not embraced.

Regarding the Hezul family, are you referring to this?

Nanna:

Aless, take it easy out here. You still have a monumental task awaiting you.

Aless:

I haven't forgotten, believe me. I've no intention of dying in this war.

I will not rest until Agustria has attained the glory my father envisioned for it.

Nanna:

I know you can do it, Aless. Your father would be so proud of you...

Aless:

But I can't do it alone, Nanna. I need you.

Nanna:

Of course, Aless. My life is yours. I'm not making the same mistake my mother did.

Aless:

What... his own sister fell in love with him?

Nanna:

Yes... she did. But it's not all that strange, really. They had different mothers.

Aless:

Hey, that reminds me. You and I are cousins, aren't we...

Nanna:

Yeah, that's right. Hehehe...

Cousins are usually considered fair game in the real world too (it's usually seen as a bit odd, but not forbidden), so...

Not just politically, at least according to the translation on this site.

What makes you think those "obvious reasons" aren't political

It's not even seen as odd to marry your cousin in a lot of places . Its actually considered completely normal to marry your cousin in the middle east for example . A lot of Europeans and Americans seems to think it's some universal law that everyone in the world follows like not marrying your sister or brother , but it actually isn't, relationships between cousins are actually quite common world wide .

Edited by The_Purple_Knight