Famitsu info - Tiki & Continent of Varm

Ursula

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the details I could find:

*There are two continents in Awakening--the Continent of Iris where Krom lives and the Continent of Varm, to the far west.

*Profiles for Valhart, Tiki, Sariya, Gaia and Sairi.

*Valhart is the emperor of the Varm Empire.

*Tiki, the divine dragon princess from Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem, returns all grown up. The divine dragons are worshipped in the Continent of Varm and Tiki is hailed as the "Priestess of the Divine Dragons".

*My Unit's promoted class is "Master Tactician". He/she can also use the Change Seal to change to a large variety of classes, excluding special classes like the Taguel.

*Sariya is confirmed to be a Dark Mage, Gaia is a Thief and Sairi is a Swordmaster.

Also stuff on Everyone's Room, which seems to work like the Everyone's Conditions in FE12.

Edited by VincentASM

The might of the continent of Valm

The continent of Valm, to the west of Iris, is where lies the Valm Empire, ruled by its Conqueror King Valhart. As they hold massive military power, they'd be a threat if they were to become Krom's enemies. Also, a divine dragonkin called Tiki lives in Valm. She has been living for eternity, but is she a friend?

Valhart - Emperor of Valm

A conqueror king who has dominated all countries of the continent of Valm by force. He hates losing and turning his back to an enemy more than anything. While he holds down those who oppose him by force, he does have the charisma needed to lead a country.

Tiki - Divine Dragonkin

A divine dragonkin who has been living ever since the age of legend. She is revered as the "Divine Dragon Maiden" (or Priestess - "miko") in Valm, as they worship Naga. Though usually calm, she rarely behaves like a little girl in some aspects.

My unit

>Can support with almost all characters, both male and female

>Can be a silent type (you can choose its appearance and tone)

>Promotes into "Divine Strategist" (now people, for the love of God, don't start reading too much with that STRATEGIST != TACTICTIAN stuff as "gunshi" can read as both; also, "divine" might refer to godlike skill/mastery, but it might refer to something else as well...)

>Can reclass into almost every other class, special classes like Taguel aside

The scan also features MU's promoted skill, but it's cut off unfortunately

Also stuff on Everyone's Room

This sounds kind of funny in a game with dating sim elements

This is already in one of the pre-existing threads.

Where

Oh, found it. A new thread for new scans is fine, though. Unless you don't want translations

Oh, I want Xane next! I was going to ask about Sophia but then I remember she was from the wrong game.

Xane is "Marth"

Edited by TheEnd

Hold on!

Tiki is worshipped by this country at war? I have to wonder if Valm is also a continent with many manaketes as it is said the likes of Tiki are worshipped. They worship her, and the country is on verge of war apparently due to a very dictative emperor. It was said that a manakete that was considered a divine priestess had her soul removed in order to have her continuously make war dragons in FE6...It is also said by Gato that Tiki is destined to have a future causing violence, death and various atrocities despite her innocence...

IS TIKI IDOUN!?!

Pfft, you know you can access other continents via the DLC, right?

Note: This is not 100% confirmed and you can expect further details tomorrow, maybe.

Also, my sig slightly wrong topic, but whatever.

Edited by VincentASM

Okay, so Tiki wears high heels and long socks with no pants like Tiamo. I'm sure that's comfortable to move around.

And man, that guy on the left looks so cheesy. Devil horns and an axe that looks more like a boot, seriously.

Edited by BrightBow

I like the bald armoured dude with the cool mustache.

It's nice that it sounds like even though MU has a base class, you can turn him into anything, so you can still make him into whatever you want. Hopefully you can turn him into a griffin knight because those look badaaaaass

Mar-Mar is a localization thing anyway.

The original was "Marth no oniichan", though - she did talk like a child in the Japanese version, too.

But

Chances are her "childish moments" are going to include slips like that.

I like the bald armoured dude with the cool mustache.

It's nice that it sounds like even though MU has a base class, you can turn him into anything, so you can still make him into whatever you want. Hopefully you can turn him into a griffin knight because those look badaaaaass

It's very likely you can, since it isn't a special class or anything

Edited by TheEnd

Page 1

Page 2

Credits to Malas @ ChinaFE.

Hmm, these weekly features are getting smaller and smaller. Apparently the next issue will have some surprising info, marriage maybe?

EDIT

Dark Knights wield swords and magic.

Sorcerer confirmed for Dark Mage promotion.

The Master Tactician's Magnificent Flame skill seems to add half (Strength + Might) damage for magic attacks. The description is a little obscured, so...

The Everyone's Room feature functions similarly to the Everyone's Conditions feature in New Mystery of the Emblem. From the battle preparations screen, players can visit their allies outside of battle and see how they're faring. Rewards include experience points, items (such as Eirika's Swift-sword) and improved relationships.

Dark Mages and Dark Knights seem to have pretty impressive defence.

Edited by VincentASM

Who cares if I'm being redundant

- Everyone's room = everyone's conditions

- MU's promoted skill adds half STR to magical attacks and half MAG to physical attacks

- Divine strategist: "all-around high stats"

- Dark mage: "uses various spells with added effects, like Resire"

- Dark knight: "fights with swords and tomes, but cannot use dark magic" (?!)

- Swordmaster: same old

- Thief: /o\

Sarya (Dark Mage)

An user of Pelesian sorcery, she has a dark personality. Often chants suspicious curses when alone. We thought Pelesia was supposed to be Krom's enemy...? It's unknown how she joins him.

>Class changes into Dark Knight/Sorcerer

Sairi (Swordmaster)

The princess of a small country in Valm, she has a direct personality and an unwielding spirit. Something about her feels different from the people of Iris. She looks old-fashioned (i.e., dresses and speaks in old Japanese style). Though she's a princess, her skill with the sword seems real.

Gaia (Thief)

A thief living in Iris. Calm, composed and able, he'll basically do any job if the price is right. Loves free sweets.