Lunatic Mode - Fighter MU (Redux)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you can't hide from the fact that you ran away from my latest post after having an ALL CAPS failed troll meltdown. And now you're claiming I insisted "I don't care". I've never said that "I don't care" ever, let alone insisted on it. Can you reply to a single post of mine without accusing me of something I've never said? Let's throw that one onto the increasingly large pile of lies or wrong accusations, insults, post dodging, butchering of the English language, and shameful ALL CAPS trolling you've built up.

you are more guilty of this than i am

minus the all caps - but seriously, dude, that was part of one sentence that you brought upon yourself because you refused to listen to anything even remotely nice that i had to say. instead you bring your victim complex to a whole new level, disregarding all subtleties in my statements and preferring just to portray them with a blanket characterization.

ps i was using a typographical device called emphasis

Edited by dondon151

Sorry, but this is too fucking hard not to point out.

But apparently that's too hard for the socially stilted elitists like dondon.
Fucking stop right here. What the fuck gives you the nerve or the balls to complain about being insulted and harassed when you go out and do the same thing yourself to every single person who has addressed you? You've yet to answer me without resorting to call me a troll, by the way. Nobody in these past two threads have said shit intended to rile you up, mjemirzian, and it's no wonder anyone treats you how they do.

On a lighter note: Awkward turtle at the above poster. -_-

Edited by Mercenary Vergil

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwiRMza_aPs

Turns - 8/42

Gold - 10,000 -> 6,670

Reclass:

My Unit - Pirate | Cecil - Pegasus Knight
Luke - Myrmidon | Draug - Cavalier
Arran - General | Gordin - Hunter
Rody - Curate

Rainbow Potion Uses:

- My Unit

- Luke

- Lorenz Arran

Items Obtained:

x2 Hand Axe (-1080)
x3 Javelin (-2250)
Bullion (+5000)
Mend
Rainbow Potion
Maturity Drop
Bond Drop

Rainbow Potion allows Pirate!MU to ORKO Bandits (if he stayed on his Spd growth, unlike mine). Luke with Rainbow Potion should be guaranteed to survive and ORKO with Steel Sword. Arran with Rainbow Potion prevents him from being critblicked (1-2 crit rates faced against Bandits) and nets a 4HKO against Bandits.

If you want, Pirate!Draug is guaranteed to double, survive, and ORKO the Bandits after a Rainbow Potion use.

During the entire chapter, once Malliesia is recruited, have her heal as much as possible. With the 8 Turn, she should gain a level.

=====

Turn 1: The idea is to have your units lined up to protect each other from being ganged up on and to minimize casualties while maximizing damage output against the Bandits. Assuming that My Unit is starting as a Pirate (or Fighter if you want) and is positioned on the top-right slot, have him move 3R 3U from his position. Place Draug above My Unit, then Marth below My Unit. Luke should be 1D 1R from Marth. Arran should stand 4R from My Unit. He should be to the left of a Bandit. Place Rody 1D from Marth, and keep Gordin / Ryan right outside of enemy fire.

What should happen is this: top Bandit should go after Draug. The one to the right of Arran should go after My Unit. One Bandit should attack Luke. Finally, two Bandits and the Hunter should attack Arran. If Fighter!MU or Pirate!Draug used the Rainbow Potion and have 14 AS, there should be one Bandit down on the Enemy Phase.

Turn 2: Ganging up on the Bandits shouldn't be a major issue. The Hunters usually have 9-10 AS and shouldn't take much to kill Atk-wise. Use Gordin / Ryan if softening is necessary (or if some enemies are out of reach). Marth should finish off the top Bandit so he can reach the village by Turn 3. Have Rody heal Arran, then move Arran 3U to intercept the Bandit near the village. If you want, you can place Cecil on the cave and prevent the Thief reinforcement from entering the field. Cecil will find a Bullion if you place her there on that turn.

Turn 3: Marth should visit the village and recruit Malliesia. Have Arran start moving towards the gate. Finish off the Bandit with whomever. As for the Thief, have Cecil attack him, then finish it off with a unit that has about 17 Atk. Luke should be able to with no issues with the Steel Sword equipped. Have Arran start moving towards the fort while being healed with Malliesia / Rody (if possible). Have a unit visit the armory and buy whatever you need. I recommend two Hand Axes and three Javelins. You can purchase more Javelins later on if you feel that you need them (chances are you will need maybe 1-2 more from the shops) and Hand Axes should last for a while up until you get Barst's from Chapter 5. If you feel nervous, buy another one. Finish off the Bandit with anyone not named Marth, and start planning to take on the left hand side.

Turn 4: Heal up Arran even more if necessary, then place Arran on the fort with Gordin either 1D or 1R from Arran's current position. What should happen is the Hand Axe Bandit should target Gordin, then the Bandit and Hunter that remain in range should attack Arran. Arran should survive and be near full health on Turn 5. Just have everyone else start huddling towards the left hand side. If you didn't grab the Bullion with Cecil yet, do so now.

Turn 5: If Marth is in reach of a Bandit (while the video doesn't show it, he should be able to I think), have him take a Bandit kill. Have Gordin finish off the other Bandit. If Marth cannot reach the Bandit, have My Unit go at the other Bandit with a Hand Axe. The Hunter can be taken out with Luke. Place Arran right next to the two Bandits.

Turn 6: Finish off the Bandits and the Hunter with whomever you wish. Marth should probably take out at least one of them.

Turn 7: Marth should walk up to Lorenz, who will suicide.

Turn 8: Seize with Marth.

Other Notes: 7 Turn is possible by being more aggressive on Turns 3-7. Arran should be able to pull the Bandits by Turn 3, but he won't reach the fort in time (obviously). To kill Lorenz is tricky: Arran has to stand near him with the Silver Lance on Turn 6 Enemy Phase (I think), then Fighter My Unit is likely finishing Lorenz off. Don't expect Fighter!MU to double Lorenz either - you would need 16 Spd. You lose out on Mend by killing Lorenz.

As mentioned, Cecil can block the Thief reinforcement on Turn 2 Enemy Phase by standing on the cave. It's best not to, though, since it gives some nice EXP in the process.

Stats:

Marth [Lord] (7.96) - 27 HP | 9 Str | 0 Mag | 11 Skl | 11 Spd | 10 Luck | 8 Def | 0 Res
My Unit [Pirate] (8.63) - 30 HP | 16 Str | 2 Mag | 11 Skl | 12 Spd | 10 Luck | 6 Def | 0 Res
Arran [General] (3.30) - 32 HP | 11 Str | 1 Mag | 10 Skl | 8 Spd | 4 Luck | 17 Def | 3 Res
A God [Cavalier] (6.49) - 22 HP | 9 Str | 0 Mag | 5 Skl | 11 Spd | 3 Luck | 7 Def | 0 Res
Gordin [Hunter] (5.55) - 23 HP | 10 Str | 0 Luck | 8 Skl | 8 Spd | 5 Luck | 5 Def | 0 Res
Cecil [Pegasus Knight] (3.20) - 17 HP | 5 Str | 2 Mag | 11 Skl | 10 Spd | 6 Luck | 3 Def | 6 Res
Luke [Myrmidon] (7.58) - 23 HP | 9 Str | 0 Mag | 15 Skl | 14 Spd | 8 Luck | 7 Def | 1 Res
Rody [Curate] (3.28) - 19 HP | 2 Str | 1 Mag | 6 Skl | 5 Spd | 6 Luck | 3 Def | 6 Res
Ryan [Archer] (2.39) - 19 HP | 7 Str | 0 Mag | 5 Skl | 4 Spd | 3 Luck | 7 Def | 0 Res
Malliesia [Cleric] (2.02) - 16 HP | 0 Str | 3 Mag | 2 Skl | 4 Spd | 12 Luck | 2 Def | 6 Res

=====

Okay, so now I face a dilemma.

I think the Bond Drop is best on Fighter!MU, no contest. He gives out and receives the most supports (to an extent), which in turn helps the team that much more if they stand near him.

The biggest issue is the Maturity Drop. In theory, Marth should obtain it, but looking at my notes Marth can probably reach about Level 20 without too much difficulty (he was 25 by the time I hit the tower). I guess I could still place it on him, but it makes me wonder if I should place it elsewhere...

Fighter!MU, for example, gets roughly 15 levels throughout the game. That gives a possibility of +3 HP and +1.5 of about every other stat. The issue? Aside from Def, he's not really struggling in stats, so why bother? Granted, he probably gets the most levels out of the item.

I guess any growth unit like Navarre and Ogma could use it too. Luke, for example, gets a nice jump on his growths, but I worry that even he isn't good enough for the cut here. Kind of.

Palla is one that could really benefit from it, too. Remember that pitiful 30% Spd growth? Well, now it converts to 40%, which means she procs her first Spd point after her third level-up instead of her fourth (in growth+growth theory). Her HP / Def growth also shoots up to 90% / 40%, respectively. It's definitely a good idea to think about.

With Palla on the brain, one could also think about Catria too. Getting her to par as quickly as possible always helps, and it helps make her Str growth a little better (50->60% as a Pegasus / FalcoKnight). Caeda is probably not a great idea - while upping her Str, HP, and Def growth sounds nice, she probably won't be able to take more than two hits ever (aside from General, and even that is questionable).

One of Sirius's major issues is that his growths are still a little underwhelming with his okay bases, but the maturity drop kind of helps speed him up a little. Now, suddenly, we're looking at a 75% Spd growth as a DracoKnight and 80% as a Sniper or Swordmaster. His Str growth shoots a little higher too, up to 70%. His HP growth gives him a guaranteed +1 all the time, and his Def growth improves to 55% as a DracoKnight. The major issue is that Sirius probably has the least level-ups in comparison to Palla and My Unit.

So... any advice my fellow ladies and gentlemen? I'm honestly thinking between Palla and Sirius, but Marth might be the best choice at the end of the day.

Edited by Colonel M

I'd probably say Marth just in case he doesn't get enough levels or get screwed over and doesn't cap speed in time, since his speed's a 22.35 on average at level 25, 24.35 with Rainbow Potion or just a Speed bond, and he kinda wants to not get doubled by Medeus.

...and now I have to figure out how to deal with C19 rainbowpotionless because emu was like "nope"

While it is a good point, let's also recall that the game hands us 6 Speedwings that can be bought and used almost anywhere (hell I even considered Marth taking one in Chapter 1 to be a little more useful). There's also 3 other obtainable ones... but dondon missed the one with his 5 turn. Makes me curious if it's possible to obtain at around the same turncount, though.

That's assuming with the shop of course. In realistic terms if I didn't have the shop, I think I'd agree with you and slap it on him to prevent any screwing whatsoever.

Edited by Colonel M

Oh derp I totally forgot about the shop. In that case, Either Sirius or Palla would probably be better, then, since Marth just wants to not be speed screwed and have decent enough str and he's golden. I kinda wanna say Sirius, anyway, since Palla's biggest issues can also be fixed with a few of those 6 speedwings (I doubt Marth would need all 6) and I'm having her go SM by lategame and that is speed up the fuck. While Sirius felt like a godsend when he joined, he's starting to lag behind slightly on my current run even with several boosters and it's a lot slower than yours. He might want those good level ups more since he'd be gaining exp slower for a while as well.

though I fed the majority of my statboosters to Navarre 'cuz I like him and Malice is kinda beyond help and I'm not doing anything resembling efficiency ever on first Lunatic run and without Rainbow Potion or all those cool extra DLC boosters. Oh well.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I gave it to Frey in Lunatic Reverse and he's pretty good with it.

Palla might be the best choice. The extra HP/Def from that(on top of the Rainbow Potion defense bonus) will probably help her as a dracoknight alot during the chapters with Flying Dragons. I don't think Fighter MU! get's too much use out of it since his defense normally doesn't get too high to warrant a bonus and his strength is usually through the roof to begin with.

I think the Bond Drop is best on Fighter!MU, no contest. He gives out and receives the most supports (to an extent), which in turn helps the team that much more if they stand near him.

Bond Drop only maxes out the supports that the unit receives, not the supports that the unit gives out.

Bond Drop only maxes out the supports that the unit receives, not the supports that the unit gives out.

*facepalm.

Also, Est is too good for Maturity Drop.

You keep using that term. I do not think it means what you think it means.

INIGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also voting for Est.

@MJE: anyone who posts a link to an article he's written when he's correcting someone on how to use a term has no room to talk about elitism. Well he does, but doing it makes said person a hypocrite.

Anyway, interesting run so far. Always fun to watch LTC stuff. Regular PTs are just boring.

Edited by bottlegnomes

BANTU!!!

The drops increase his growths by a much larger ratio than on Est!

I mean, fuck, the drops will literally DOUBLE his speed growth!

I'm going to be a lot more logical than everyone else here and say that you should give the drops to Marf. The reasoning behind my call is because you NEED Marf in order to defeat the final boss in any significant time frame, and he needs capped speed or else he's doubled. And this is not like it's a choice(unlike in, say, H1, where you probably could defeat Medeus without Marf in a significant timeframe), it's actually a requirement(well, technically, you could rig crits using a maxed Swordmaster wielding a forged Master Sword(27 damage a hit)or a berserker with a forged silver axe(42 damage), but that would require a lot of gold in order to make forges that strong.)

I'm going to be a lot more logical than everyone else here and say that you should give the drops to Marf. The reasoning behind my call is because you NEED Marf in order to defeat the final boss in any significant time frame, and he needs capped speed or else he's doubled. And this is not like it's a choice(unlike in, say, H1, where you probably could defeat Medeus without Marf in a significant timeframe), it's actually a requirement(well, technically, you could rig crits using a maxed Swordmaster wielding a forged Master Sword(27 damage a hit)or a berserker with a forged silver axe(42 damage), but that would require a lot of gold in order to make forges that strong.)

The joke

Your head

To be serious, I would probably go with someone like Sirius. Or literally anyone else who will fight often and is not Marth.

I feel like Marth is a lost cause and not even the drops will stop his decay into a rotten, miserable pile of failure. I would rather increase the reliability of someone who actually has good combat potential. This playthrough will allow the prep shop stat-boosters, so we can just throw money at endgame Marth to make him perform better - like a stripper. I mean, at the final battle almost every single item in our possession can be liquidated for cash. Hell, Nagi's Divinestone is almost a free booster by itself.