Your top 5 favorite video game charcters

xblade

I really don't need a top five list because I can narrow my favorite video game character down to one. That being Gustave XIII from SaGa Frontier II. He might just be my favorite fictional character period. I may as well list a few others while I'm here.

2. General Leo (Final Fantasy VI)

3. John Morris (Castlevania: Bloodlines)

4. Big Boss (Metal Gear series)

5. Sheena Etranzi (Contra: Hard Corps)

3.) and down usually change.

1.) Maribel- Dragon Warrior VII: I like her snobby, yet hilarious reactions to people. She's the reason why I dash off to party chat after I talk to someone.

"I bet he's just some old rich fat guy who's double chin jiggles whenever he talks. Oh how horrid!"

2.) Tir McDohl- Suikoden: His character art is cool, and nice to see a martial artist and not a generic sword hero! Furthermore, I like his ending which is basically, "fuck politics, I want to go fishing".

3.) Donkey Kong- duh: I like monkey/primate animals, so bias points, but also nice to see bigger things represent Nintendo, with the addition to Bowser.

4.) Deis/Bleu- Breath of Fire

"This is fun!" -blows up part of the castle-, I like her calm attitude towards no matter what asdf crisis the team is in.

5.) Dogi- Ys series: Although my love for him comes from the anime of the first game, I like how they play upon his wall crashing skills later on in the series. And partly my strange fascination with bigger characters in video games.

FE:

1.) Marty

2.) Maji

3.) Leaf

4.) Ethlin

5.) Olwen

Paola for her looks is also somewhere in there.

Dragon Quest/Warrior:

1.) Maribel

2.) Hassan

3.) Alena

4.) Prince Midenhall

5.) Angelo

Although bonus points to Aira for calling the Wind Spirit a slut.

Edited by Bruiser Kang

5. Raven (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword)

4. Alvin H. Davenport - Callsign: Chopper (Ace Combat: Squadron Leader)

3. Gyarados (Pokemon series)

2. Solid Snake (Metal Gear series)

1. Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog series)

Lol Whase the badges are a dead give away.

But Erk isn't even on there!

So he must have only 4 favorite characters.

Or that guy in his avatar is a video game character.

actually, those badges are the 1 favorite character per game (Erk's my fave for FE7, yet he doesn't even get near the top 10 of all games)

and I drew the character in my avatar myself, he is me as a comic book character.

EDIT: also, Lute is my "main" badge, she's my all time fave.

Edited by whase

1. Mario (Donkey Kong, Mario Series)

It's kinda impressive how at a time where the majority of Video game heroes are buff Soldiers, Space Marines or similar, the most iconic character is still a small, overweight, Italian plumber in a blue jumpsuit. I think Mario is truly timeless.

2. Murray (Curse of Monkey Island)

An evil undead who wants to torment the living and drown the world in darkness or something. While he has the spirit, the fact that he is a detached skull somewhat limits the harm he can do.

He was also in all the sequels I think, though I haven't come around playing any of those.

3. Jill Fizzard (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance & Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)

A optional character with an actual arc in Fire Emblem? Sacrilege.

She is pretty awesome, though. She is able to follow her convictions, no matter how painful it turns out to do so.

4. Ben (Full Throttle)

Speaking of Monkey Island, having played those games I found Ben's more direct approach to problems in his Lucas Arts point&click adventure to be quite refreshing. I still wonder how he would have solved the conflict with the lemonade seller in Puerto Pollo.

5. Elincia Ridell Crimea (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance & Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)

The gentle, kindhearted Princess of Crimea. in Radiant Dawn turns out that by those aren't exactly the best traits for a ruler by themselves.

I didn't like how the conclusion of her arc was overshadowed by the return of Ike.

Edited by BrightBow

1. Link- Zelda series (Hero of Time, to be exact)

2. Volke- Fire Emblem (he has a pipe)

3. Mario- ...Super Mario...(c'mon, he's Nintendo's mascot)

4. Kirby- Kirby series (he's a pink ball...that can eat anything. It'd be ridiculous if he's not on this list)

5. Demoman/Pyro/Heavy- TF2 (can't decide which ones I like better)

wow this is difficult. Ummmm.

No order

Non-FE.

Isaac (Golden Sun)

Link (LoZ)

Megaman (Megaman Series)

Crono (Chrono Trigger)

Mewtwo (Pokemon)

FE

Ike

Marth

Haar

Cormag

Ephraim

• 3 weeks later...

Alrighty...

5. Three-Dog (Fallout 3)

4. Andrew Ryan (Bioshock)

3. Sazh Katzroy (Final Fantasy XIII)

2. Gla-DOS (Portal)

1. Guillo (Baten Kaitos Origins)

1) Kreia. I honestly don't think I need to explain this at all, but considering she's actually just a really good character in any media, and probably one of, if not the best in video games, she's got a lot going for her. Also if you don't know she's from Knights of the Old Republic 2.

And, uh, honestly I don't know what the rest of my favorite game characters really are.

1) Kreia. I honestly don't think I need to explain this at all, but considering she's actually just a really good character in any media, and probably one of, if not the best in video games, she's got a lot going for her. Also if you don't know she's from Knights of the Old Republic 2.

And, uh, honestly I don't know what the rest of my favorite game characters really are.

Well, Kreia is amazing and all but the problem is that... she is from Kotor 2.

The game is just horribly unfinished. Particular near the end nothing makes sense anymore because most parts are missing. And those who are left are unfinished too and would have made the game better through their absence. For example the part where you play as Remote doesn't lead anywhere because the whole HK-factory part is missing so it just leaves a massive plot hole.

(I'll do better than my Top 5; I'll give you my Top 10 instead. Oh, and only one character per franchise. If anyone wants to know the particulars as to why they're on the list at all or in those specific spots, I can elaborate if necessary. I just don't feel like typing out walls of text for ten characters. :/)

1. Leona Garstein (Super Robot Taisen α, Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation & Original Generation 2 / Original Generations, Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation Gaiden)
    Fun facts: Not only are Leona's initials the same as my online alias (L. G. - A complete coincidence, as I adopted this username years before I had even heard of the series), but she has the same birthday as I do. No, seriously, she really does (according to Super Robot Taisen α). Two reasons, beyond her amazing piloting skills (one of the best pilots, PERIOD, I'd say - thank her cousins for that though) that make her my favorite character.
    (Note that I expressly included the one character per franchise rule because, otherwise, half of this list might be filled with Super Robot Taisen characters. Sanger, Kai, Shu, Katina, Daitetsu, etc. are all extremely awesome too, but I wanted a diverse list.)
  2. Ratchet Altair (Sakura Wars: The Movie, Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love)
  3. Kirby (Blue) (Kirby series)
  4. Millenia (Grandia II)
  5. Gilder (Skies of Arcadia / Skies of Arcadia Legends)
  6. Mia Ausa (Lunar: The Silver Star / Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete / Lunar: Silver Star Harmony)
  7. Glenn (Chrono Cross)
  8. Luigi Mario (Super Mario Bros. series)
  9. Cassandra Alexandra (Soulcalibur series)
  10. "Kid" (Kid Chameleon)

Edited by Lord Glenn

3. Jill (Fire Emblem)- One of the only non-main characters in FE who actually continue to have a story after they're recruited. And Haar x Jill <3

2. Alex (Golden Sun)- This guy manipulates everyone like no tomorrow.

1. Silver (Pokemon)- I like a couple of the other Pokemon characters more, actually, but that's due to the manga and stuff. If we count only the games, it's gotta be Silver, the only rival with any real development.

Only got 3.

Well, Kreia is amazing and all but the problem is that... she is from Kotor 2.

The game is just horribly unfinished. Particular near the end nothing makes sense anymore because most parts are missing. And those who are left are unfinished too and would have made the game better through their absence. For example the part where you play as Remote doesn't lead anywhere because the whole HK-factory part is missing so it just leaves a massive plot hole.

Oh yeah, KotOR 2 is definitely very unfinished, but it's still one of the best written games of all time, in spite of all that.

• 6 months later...

1)Terra (FF6) wow she's so great best protagonist ever <3

2)Lucas (Mother 3) another contender for best protagonist ever

3)Ashe (FF12) aaaaand another contender

4) Kefka (FF6) scariest and most hilarious villain ever

5) Lucca (Chrono Trigger) MY HOMEGIRL

Honorable mentions go to Chris(Suikoden 3), GlaDOS (Portal), Yuna (FF10), Nanami & Riou(Suikoden 2), Kumatora (Mother 3), Celes (FF6), Midna(Twilight Princess), and Luca Blight(Suikoden 2)

and my favorite FE characters:

1)L'arachel, baby.

2) Ephraim

3)Titania

4)Matthew

5)Serra