• FE 2
    • FE 4 with FE 5 included
    • FE 4
    • FE 5
    • FE 6 with 7 included
    • FE 6
    • FE 7
    • FE 8

My vote is for Gaiden. A lot of FE players I know don't even want to pick up Gaiden because of the NES graphics and the different play style. So I think it deserves a remake so more people are willing to try it.

Also, why is FE3 there? Didn't that just get remade as 12?

My vote is for Gaiden. A lot of FE players I know don't even want to pick up Gaiden because of the NES graphics and the different play style. So I think it deserves a remake so more people are willing to try it.

Also, why is FE3 there? Didn't that just get remade as 12?

Omigosh Gaiden was such a good game. People not wanting to play it because of NES graphics is an awful excuse.

FE 3 with FE 2. Could happen. And I'm not saying this is happening next year it could happen 20 years from now or not at all. Maybe I should have rephrased the question.

Fire Emblem 1 could do with another remake just for the new blood to get a chance to play the series all where it began with the updates that modern FE games like FE13 and onwards possibly have brought to the table.

But it's not on the list, so I'm voting for nothing.

Omigosh Gaiden was such a good game. People not wanting to play it because of NES graphics is an awful excuse.

Graphics actually does break or enhance some people's enjoyments of games. Just because you don't care doesn't mean it doesn't bother others awfully.

That being said, I can't take graphics under FE4's quality so I'd like Gaiden remade as well.

Graphics actually does break or enhance some people's enjoyments of games. Just because you don't care doesn't mean it doesn't bother others awfully.

I think it's less graphics in some peoples' cases and more of a cause of the poor NES style interface.

I think it's less graphics in some peoples' cases and more of a cause of the poor NES style interface.

That's the problem I had with it.

I want to see FE4/5 remade, with the Generation system going so deep that you play 5 in the middle of 4pt1 and 4pt2. All good mechanics from Thracia (Capture, etc) would be added to FE4, and FE5 will have the more open maps of FE4.

Kinda both in my case. Hell, I attempted FE3 and just couldn't take the controls and just how much plainer the graphics are. FE12 is go.

(and yes I know FE3's snes I still hated the controls)

Edited by Luminescent Blade

FE4. I still want to see a version of FE4 with more chapters (and consequently, more split up chapters), with Leaf's version of what's happening as well as Celice's after Sigurd. An improvement to the FE4 Soundtrack would be great too. They can change Celice to Serlis for all I care, the pros are much bigger than the cons that it isn't even just.

If they remake FE4 I want the advantage of having a mount nerfed down so that foot units can, you know, actually get kills without slowing down on purpose for them.

Having new art for Judgral characters would definitely be a bonus unless they hire that Masamune guy again. I do love new artwork.

If they remake FE4 I want the advantage of having a mount nerfed down so that foot units can, you know, actually get kills without slowing down on purpose for them.

Having new art for Judgral characters would definitely be a bonus unless they hire that Masamune guy again. I do love new artwork.

Well, that's more a matter of game balancing than nerfing horse units. >:

But yeah, I'd like to play FE5 in the middle of FE4 Part 1 - Part 2 and be able to play with the others units in a sort of Teams mode. Like FE10 has the GM, DB and the LA Team and they get separated... Until they reunite again, later.

True. That's the reason I never played and I don't intend on playing Gaiden.

Edited by Rapier

True. That's the reason I never played and I don't intend on playing Gaiden.

I got used to the interface pretty quickly, I really don't think it's a problem.

I got used to the interface pretty quickly, I really don't think it's a problem.

Not only that, but the primitive gameplay. Some eople who've already played up to FE10 really wish things were better instead of simpler, and expect it to have Support conversations and stuff... Or that's just my case.

Maybe the mounted units could get no bonus on roads, but the foot dudes could keep it, increase it to be almost as fast as mounted on roads.

Though, admittedly, that's kind of weird sounding. I'd rather keep some sense of largeness in the maps in a remake, but that exacerbates the horse units' advantages. Some way for [the foot units] to catch up would be nice, at least between castles that have already been taken.

Edited by Rehab

Maybe the mounted units could get no bonus on roads, but the foot dudes could keep it, increase it to be almost as fast as mounted on roads.

Though, admittedly, that's kind of weird sounding. I'd rather keep some sense of largeness in the maps in a remake, but that exacerbates the horse units' advantages. Some way for them to catch up would be nice, at least between castles that have already been taken.

Unmounted units will always suck.

Like I thought Azel was horrible until I got him promoted and was like DAMN. Mage Knights are the shit.

I'd love to have a remake of Gaiden, with 4 and 5 tied for second. Because what I've heard of it Gaiden actually sounds like it'd be worth playing, but the poor graphics and wonky interface made it hard for me to even get past the first chapter. -_-

FE4 and 5 are perfectly playable and great games right now. Gaiden, well, it has its issues. It deserves one more than FE4/5, as much as I might love an FE4/5 one. Also, people are more likely to freak out over NoA's hypothetical translation of FE4/5 than of FE2.

Edit: Wrote "less" instead of "more." Important distinction there.

Edited by Rewjeo

Well, that's more a matter of game balancing than nerfing horse units. >:

That's why I said "the advantages of" rather than nerfing mounts as a whole. Their stats are fine, but their main advantage lies in road bonus being a percentage (iirc?) and the maps being so goddamn big, and enemies sucking so much that the higher stats and generally better skillsets of unmounted units don't matter as much. I'm not suggesting making Alec and Noish's stats worse, but if they get there about 3 turns before the footies do and they 3RKO the enemies, the enemies are kinda, well, dead before the ORKOing footies even show up and that's a huge advantage that mounties have. If the enemies stop sucking, the greater killing abilities of the foot units would be put to more use there. It'd be a pretty delicate balance between "oh shit mounts killing everything" and "oh shit mounts have such shitty stats they're useless now" though.

Or hell, Leg ring on unmounted only, maybe. I've been a proponent of boots on foot units only as well (despite that mean no broken 12 move flier, oh well)

I'm kinda iffy on Roads not giving mounts a bonus since the logical side of me says that logically, it makes sense, but it would close that gap wrt movement balance. Maybe it could just be a flat rate of say, +2 move, or something. That'd close the gap at least percentagewise. And making the difference in move 2 instead of 3 like in GBA might help.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

They could add a few swamps or temporary/random weather like rain that would affect mounted units more than foot ones.

Even with changes to create a balance, it would still be a matter of taste. This balancing is being proposed because most people here like to hurry up in chapters even if there isn't an incentive to it.

Anyway, I changed my vote to FE2, because as much as I want to see 4 or 5 localized, FE2 needs it more to get some recognition and fine-tuning.