Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

So it's Defeat Boss, then? I might wind up resorting to that, but I want to try other options first to see if I can hold out longer.

My team going into Ch13 is kinda funny.

Krom - LV8 Great Lord

Dion - LV11 Grandmaster

Frederick - LV4 Dragonmaster

Sumia - LV2 Pegasus Knight

Liz - LV1 Battle Cleric

Mariabel - LV1 Valkyrie

Velvet - LV9 Taguel

Tiamo - LV8 Pegasus Knight

Libera - LV7 Battle Monk

Sariya - LV1 Dark Knight

Olivia - LV3 Dancer

Serge - LV1 Griffin Knight

Stuff gets rather unbalanced in this mode. The low-level ones don't ever actually enter combat, of course. Sumia, Tiamo, and Velvet are all mainly for the Spd boosts; the former two can also help out with ferrying at times.

I abuse Staves, Othin.... are there plenty of staves like Physic to get? Can we buy them from the merchants?

You can buy most staffs from regular shops once you've progressed far enough. Rescue, Physic, Recover, and Barrier all eventually become available for unlimited purchases.

The game is pretty much set up to be played infinitely, particularly in postgame. So there are ways to get unlimited quantities of just about anything, including ultimate weapons through the IDW DLC map.

You can get additional Goddess Staffs that way, and while you can't buy them in regular shops, merchants sometimes sell Fortify or Hammerne staffs.

Edited by Othin

'cept for boots, right?

Whats the Move cap in this game, anyway? The GBA games had it at 15, IIRC.

There are some limited items. Boots are among them. Right now, it should be possible to get two per file: one in Ch17 and one from accumulating a fuckton of Fame.

I suspect it'll be possible to get more in future DLC, but in the meantime, it's hard to guess at a cap. I haven't gotten the needed amount of Fame yet, and I've only played through Ch17 twice, missing the Boots on my Hard run. So I can't yet get multiple pairs to test anything, even with transferring characters between files with the boosted stats.

Hypothetically, since Boots have a price, it should be possible to buy them from a StreetPass team that has them, although I doubt any computer-generated ones would. But with a friend with the game, you could basically clone Boots onto each others' games.

So, how does Lunatic compare to the likes of Hector Hard Mode, Thracia and Shadow Dragon's H5?

Better question: How do any of those modes compare to Lunatic?

Answer: They don't.

Sounds like fun. I'll look forward to sinking my teeth into that then.

And then consequently having them ripped out.

That's pretty much the story of Lunatic.

So, how does Lunatic compare to the likes of Hector Hard Mode, Thracia and Shadow Dragon's H5?

It depends on what restrictions you're using. Othin's style of play seems like an absolute blast and a legitimate challenge, but if you don't go out of your way to limit yourself through things like Nosferatu / small party size, it quickly becomes one of the easier games in the series. Only a handful of chapters past the first half-dozen (such as Final) can't simply be skipped by mashing the Start button.

Yeah, there are a lot of options, and some can make things very easy. I would say these are the core restrictions I would recommend for any run trying to match the intended challenge of a difficulty level:

-No skirmishes

-No buying Nosferatu

-No leaving more than half the slots in a chapter empty

-No monster DLC

-No replaying character DLC

-No Everyone's Room

-No Wireless function

The last two aren't as necessary, but they can easily be abused, so if you would abuse them if allowed to use them at all, I suggest not doing so.

There are other restrictions that could make sense on top of these or extending them for added challenge, like avoiding sidequests and DLC completely - I'm avoiding these on my current run, but not on my Lunatic+ run to follow this. But these are the basics, to just block out the areas where the game really has the potential to be abused. Although I have to say, I'd really be impressed by any successful attempts to abuse skirmishes in Lunatic.

Edited by Othin

Although I have to say, I'd really be impressed by any successful attempts to abuse skirmishes in Lunatic.

Just for fun, I actually tried beating the first available Lunatic skirmish. I tried a skirmish at the arena map (Ch.4 I believe) which was filled with thieves and wyvern knights. It was doable, but it required I only bring Frederick/Callum, throw them into a corner with an elixer, and pray. Wasn't really worth it, either, since Freddy only gained a couple levels.

One more Staff question: Are they equipped like FE9/10 or just in your inventory? Meaning, if I attack a Sage and he just healed someone, will his Staff be equipped or the tome?

Just a quick question about skills.

Is it possible for more than one to proc at the same time? By which I mean, would it theoretically be possible for Sol and, say, Magnificent Flame to simulataneously activate on the same attack?

And following on from that question, if it isn't possible, is there any point to having more than one % activation ability like that? Other than weapon saver I mean, which I assume is universally useful and doesn't interfere with other abilities.