Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

Did you find that any of the three magic elements (Fire, Wind, Thunder) were superior to the other, or were they reasonably balanced in utility?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had to pick just one to use, I'd go with wind without a doubt. The bonus against fliers tends to outweigh whatever the other types offer. Thunder's higher Mt can be nice as well, though: Arcthunder and Thoron have +4 Mt compared to the respective wind times at those levels, which is a large enough difference to matter.

Fire doesn't really do anything notable; there isn't a whole lot of reason to use it with corresponding wind and thunder spells available that take the two extremes you might need. So the middle ground has no real purpose. On the other hand, on my postgame files, I tend to use fire spells near-exclusively. My characters are powerful enough that I'm not too concerned about details, and the fire spells are listed first in storage, so I just buy fire spells of whatever level in bulk and toss them in there because they take the least scrolling to access, avoiding the need to say scroll through all the fire and thunder spells just to get to Elwind. Unlimited storage is awesome.

Edited by Othin

Well, I hear Nn is red, so maybe Mark will be black/dark purple?

I'm going to marry off Nono for the sole purpose of having a red dragon.

Is wind weaker than fire, like in FE9/10? I remember using it more in those games because it didn't weigh down my flimsy mages as much, but I usually got annoyed at how it did anywhere from 2 to 6 less damage than other spells.

I'm going to marry off Nono for the sole purpose of having a red dragon.

Is wind weaker than fire, like in FE9/10? I remember using it more in those games because it didn't weigh down my flimsy mages as much, but I usually got annoyed at how it did anywhere from 2 to 6 less damage than other spells.

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/tome.html

Decreased power is the cost for increased accuracy and bonuses against fliers. Wouldn't be much fun if wind had all the same advantages as fire and thunder but even more on top of that; we saw how terrible that was with FE4.

Are the manaketes really different colors? Does anyone have links to vids showing this? Also, does the stone they use affect how they look?

Othin, are there any weapon rank limits? Like, can a character have multiple A ranks?

Unlimited A ranks, just like unlimited A rank supports.

I know you've probably been asked this before, but is it plausible to have all of the children characters' gaidens without taking 80 turns a map or without the post game? If not, how many do you think are plausible?

I know you've probably been asked this before, but is it plausible to have all of the children characters' gaidens without taking 80 turns a map or without the post game? If not, how many do you think are plausible?

It's not about time so much as how many parents you're willing to train. Let's say you pair up Krom with someone and male MU with someone, you get four kids for using four characters. Each kid beyond that requires using another two parents. So you'd need to train 22 parents to get all the kids, and that's without using any of the kids. Using female MU takes another two parents for any configuration.

Of course, going to more maps means you'll have more Exp, so especially if you allow yourself one run each of the ST/KvK/RvB maps when you're ready, then you've got 53 chapters to work with. I'm sure it's possible, at least on the lower difficulties, but you'd end up with a rather underleveled team, and then there's the fact that the Final offers the largest unit selection at 16 units. So all in all, not the most practical thing to do.

I can tell you that Tiki!Mark is green, and I'd assume this would apply when MU's paired with Nono. Although a MU!Nn pairing could produce interesting results.

Are the manaketes really different colors? Does anyone have links to vids showing this? Also, does the stone they use affect how they look?

Nn is pink-red, and Nono / Tiki / SpotPass Tiki / Tiki!Mark are all green. The only two other possible combinations that could be different are Nono!Mark and Nn!Mark, so if anyone's done those pairings, let us know so we can fill in the gaps.

And color doesn't change based on dragonstone used.

Edited by Westbrick

I can tell you that Tiki!Mark is green, and I'd assume this would apply when MU's paired with Nono. Although a MU!Nn pairing could produce interesting results.

Nn is pink-red, and Nono / Tiki / SpotPass Tiki / Tiki!Mark are all green. The only two other possible combinations that could be different are Nono!Mark and Nn!Mark, so if anyone's done those pairings, let us know so we can fill in the gaps.

And color doesn't change based on dragonstone used.

I've heard before that Tiki was white (matching the Divine Dragon colors from Dark Dragon/the DS games?) Is she actually green?

Tiki has a white body with green tinges (she kinda glows a little bit too). Nono is yellow with green tinges. Nn is reddish with green tinges. No idea about the Mark variations because of using a female MU.

Tiki has a white body with green tinges (she kinda glows a little bit too). Nono is yellow with green tinges. Nn is reddish with green tinges. No idea about the Mark variations because of using a female MU.

Okay, so I went back and whipped my 3DS out: Nono is your standard yellow-green, Tiki seems to be the same yellow-green color but "glows" white, Tiki!Mark is the exact same color as Nono, Nn is pink-red, and SpotPass Tiki is the same color as regular Tiki.

I got an item in one of the desert maps without standing in one of the glowing tiles. Does this mean there are hidden items or is just that map? It was Loran's recruit chapter.

Considering there have been in every other desert chapter in the series, it's not hard to believe. We likely just don't have enough information to document it.

I suspect once we get more than like 2 people who have the game we'll know even more about it.

I got an item in one of the desert maps without standing in one of the glowing tiles. Does this mean there are hidden items or is just that map? It was Loran's recruit chapter.

Are you sure? one of the event tiles at the top left of the map can be tricky to see , if it's not that part mind telling what part of the map it was?

Considering there have been in every other desert chapter in the series, it's not hard to believe. We likely just don't have enough information to document it.

I suspect once we get more than like 2 people who have the game we'll know even more about it.

erm... alot more than 2 people(that can speak english and are on this site) have the game... there are also sites which is where vincent gets most of the info for this site

also the event tiles completely replace the need for that since they give most of the special items in the game

Still don't know what Nono! Mark is like then. But who would go for her?

Othin, what are your current character skill loadouts? Tell me your child character stats too please. I want to see if they match mine. colon3.gif

More specific please.

I'm using everyone on my postgame NM file right now, so there would be kind of a lot to list, and the children characters aren't anywhere near their base stats.

Also, are there any Triangle Attacks shown in Fire Emblem: Awakening?

No.

Interesting; I was wondering where you got that item. I read about it before it was released through the DLC maps, so I figured it had to be somewhere ingame as well. I suspect it's a special case as the desert map. I haven't seen any other hidden items in that map or other maps, at least aside from the event tiles.

This may have already been answered and I don't feel like looking through 55 pages to find it.

Are we able to play after we beat the final boss or no?