Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Paris can't use Lances at all...

Indeed.

Dammit, it's 3:30 already... where the hell is that LvD3 announcement? I'm not sure how much longer I can stzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Watch there not be any DLC today, because IS loves trolling us and knows that we're staying up late to see the announcement.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/afej/itsunomani/index.html

They haven't updated the SpotPass page yet. This indicates them simply not getting around to fixing the site as opposed to not having anything planned.

Yeah, I noticed that lack of update. It might be they are saving the whole update for the DLC reveal, or we might get a Friday (Thursday night) reveal for Ike's DLC as we did with Elincia. I'll wait a few more minutes and then head to sleep.

Yeah, I noticed that lack of update. It might be they are saving the whole update for the DLC reveal, or we might get a Friday (Thursday night) reveal for Ike's DLC as we did with Elincia. I'll wait a few more minutes and then head to sleep.

Well, it's now one. I don't think anything's coming out.

I'm super happy I called Paris being Ike's decendant. (Well, I thought he was going to be his son, but IDK. Maybe he still is? Who knows.)

It's 4 am here. I'll check up when I wake up. I'm glad Paris was revealed at long last

Night Everyone

Edited by Archsage17

Well, it's now one. I don't think anything's coming out.

I'm super happy I called Paris being Ike's decendant. (Well, I thought he was going to be his son, but IDK. Maybe he still is? Who knows.)

Yeah, by now, I think it's coming tomorrow or not at all this week. I still think it's a nice fit for this DLC to be exactly 3 months later.

I was thinking he was a direct descendant of Ike too, but apparently, he might not even be his (grand)son.

Yeah, by now, I think it's coming tomorrow or not at all this week. I still think it's a nice fit for this DLC to be exactly 3 months later.

I was thinking he was a direct descendant of Ike too, but apparently, he might not even be his (grand)son.

We won't know for sure for a while. I'm hoping it's his son, personally.

Because I randomly got 2000 dollars... I've decided to import this game and a Japanese 3DS. Only had to pay around 300 dollars for it, too, out of that random money i made... (dont worry, my internship still has to give me 3000 dollars, too lol)

I got mine (both the console and game) at the same time about a week or so after ordering, I would think you should get it pretty soon. Also depends on the shipping possibly.

And look forward to it. I was debating on whether or not it was worth it to import it for a while, and after going through with it and playing it, its hands-down my favorite entry in the series, and maybe one of my new favorite games period.

Edited by sallas09

You're ordering from play-asia, right? If you order them both together, it'll send the two at the same time. So if they don't have the 3DS available to ship immediately, they'll send the two together when they do.

As far as I can tell, the system estimates are pessimistic. I got an email saying they were holding off because of a lack of system when the game first game out, then like a day later they said they had shipped it and it was at my house less than a week after the game's release. You won't be waiting long.

That's perfect actually, because I'll only get time to play it a week from tomorrow.

I also saved 270 dollars because I almost got the bundle. It wasn't worth it, because this is the only Japanese 3DS game i'll ever play in my life.

EDIT: I'm also only one state south of you, so this is a good sign for me...

Edited by Lord Raven

EDIT: I'm also only one state south of you, so this is a good sign for me...

It reached my state from some other state south of it, so an even better sign.

Tackled the final. Turns out being able to let characters die doesn't make completing the chapter easy, not when you have to fight off an attack from all sides. Killing Gimle requires getting some room to work in the top part of the map, as well as killing all the enemies with Physic and any more that show up. This is not going to be easy.

I decided to enlist the help of Gangrel and Inverse, since they have the easiest sidequests out of the secret characters, and probably the only ones I could handle at this point. Unfortunately, "easiest" is relative. I'm going for Inverse first, which means fighting the clone army. I didn't think much of it on NM and HM because I was able to create an extremely lopsided team with my postgame characters that could easily stomp the clones, the most powerful characters getting just enough bonuses to beat themselves and easily sweeping through the rest, but this time they have some annoying advantages. In addition to the obvious hacked weapons, they get stat bonuses. Big ones. I'm sure they had them on HM as well, but I didn't notice. So I have to fight off my own characters that are using weapons better than could possibly exist and with stats ~10 points higher than the originals fighting them - ~20 more HP.

This, I think, is where I'm most glad that Dion has capped half his stats, since it means his clone can really only surpass him in defenses. I can break through that with Quick Slash, Magnificent Flame, and Falaflame, but if he stays alive, he gets healed by the mimics of characters I need in order to get around properly. And then the clones of the characters that can actually do anything are all about as strong in combat as regular Lunatic enemies. I think I've got a strategy that will work, but damn.

Those guys are scary. Use Elwind and the Falchion along with team support to make sure you double them in order to kill them as fast as they approach. If your MU isn't +Spd and well trained, it's going to be really difficult.

Made it through S22 on my next attempt after figuring all that out. I forgot that recruiting Inverse doesn't just mean getting a powerful character: it also means getting quite a bit of gold, right when I was running out of good weapons and the gold to buy them. That and she has Dark Blessing. I haven't been allowing myself to buy Nosferatu tomes, but I now have two of them on hand - no harm in using them a bit, I think.