Next SpotPass contents revealed? FE3/FE4/5

VincentASM

After skimming the FE3 reps, it seems like, bar Hardin (unless they go with posessedEmperorHardin), they have the nice FE12 style artwork (not sure if the FE11 sidestory character art is done by the same person? Style looks similar enough). Which is weird because Shiida has that too and she's super popular and shit

Hardin also appears in one of the BS chapters included in FE12. Anyway, not only those character have art from FE12. They're all ONLY in FE 11 and/or 12, besides Marth and Hardin (and Marth has FE12 art anyway, so Hardain likely will follow suit). That's why I think it's pretty obvious that isn't a FE3 list, it's a FE12 one.

Edit: Now I get what you mean, yeah, Hardain won't have out of game character artwork in FE12 for his days as an hero, so it's likely Emperor Hardain with FE12 artwork too.

Edited by NeonZ

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aless explains Mistoltin. Where's Ishtar to explain Thorhammer, the other missing weapon?

Yeah... I would also have guessed that Ishtar would have shown up. And either Faval or Briggid for Ichival, and either Arione or Trabant for the Gungnir, and Shanan or Galzus for the Balmung (although I guess Ira can use it too?)

You can get items from SpotPass. From today, you can get the Tailfing.

Interesting. Do you know how?

Yeah... I would also have guessed that Ishtar would have shown up. And either Faval or Briggid for Ichival, and either Arione or Trabant for the Gungnir, and Shanan or Galzus for the Balmung (although I guess Ira can use it too?)

Might not be relevant, but:

Those all appear in the main story, along with Swanchika and Falaflame.

Edited by Othin

Some of the Spotpass teams seem to have generic otherworlders representitive of characters that aren't part of the groups of 10. Like Sigurds team consists of generics with classes representing every player character in the FE4 prolouge.

To take a guess I'd imagine Julius's team will have a Sage with Thor hammer.

Ayra can't, but Lakche and Skasaher with Holyn as father can.

Interesting. Do you know how?

Try the DL box after getting new SpotPass data, but use the item option (2nd option).

Which reminds me, I wonder if those mystery characters will be unlocked in SpotPass gaidens. Unlike the DLC and SpotPass team characters, they can actually support.

Edited by VincentASM

Try the DL box after getting new SpotPass data, but use the item option (2nd option).

For some reason it didn't appear until I hit the button to download data a second time, but I have it now. Thanks!

So are spotpass chars actually downloaded or already in the game?

(I imagine you could tell by there being a progress bar or something?)

There wasn't a progress bar, but there was a loading period, and I had to hit some option to download data in order for the option to appear. So it looks like they are indeed downloaded.

Hm. So, they wiped from the game if you start a new file. So when distribution stops, we're screwed. D: yes, I know, its a long time away, but still...

I really want to have one file with everything on it. I like having completion.

Unless there's postgame so I can just keep all of them on one file.

Edited by L95

Hm. So, they wiped from the game if you start a new file. So when distribution stops, we're screwed.

I don't think they'd save them alongside the game's saves, that'd make no sense, and result in the game having to make a full download every time for each saved game.

There wasn't a progress bar, but there was a loading period, and I had to hit some option to download data in order for the option to appear. So it looks like they are indeed downloaded.

Check Console Settings >> Data Management >> Nintendo 3DS >> Extra Data

There should be an entry for FE13 with a size number there. If that number increases every time you get a new character, then the content is definitely downloaded.

Man, this game is looking more and more awesome every time I look at it. Can't wait for it.

I heard people say that they disappear. -shrug-

It'd be great if the data was kept elsewhere.

Well, that's a different matter. Based on what people who have the game are saying, you need to get the spotpass characters individually, one per day, even after you start a new game.

I just think it'd be stupid if the game is actually downloading different copies of each spot pass character every time you get them in a different game. It makes more sense for the data to be stored somewhere else, even if you can't get all the old ones at once in a new game and have to go get them individually again.

Hm. So, they wiped from the game if you start a new file. So when distribution stops, we're screwed. D:

It is entirely possible that the distribution could continue for YEARS. The Yugioh games tend to have downloadable cards well after the next one was released because it can be automated. I imagine that once they go through all the Spotpass characters, they'll loop them, or maybe put them all available, who knows. But I wouldn't worry about it for a couple of years.

If this really is the list of the future SpotPass characters, then I have just one question.

Where. Is. Merric?

On second thought, I'd like Wolf and Nabarl as well. My guess (well, hope) is that if this set of characters does become SpotPass content, it will be representative only of Shadow Dragon/Shin Monsho, and there will be a separate set of characters from Ankoku Ryu/Monsho no Nazo at some point. Including Merric, Nabarl and Wolf.