Support Conversations

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might just be me, but has anyone else notice that a lot of supports come off quite wierdly if you've already S supported a character? I mean, some supports aren't romantic at all C-A rank, but others have characters making gestures or lines that could easily be construed as romantic.

I mean, take Liz/Ronku, Serge/Ronku, Olivia/Gaia, Miriel/Callum or Olivia/Henry . If you did up to their A supports (in some cases even just the C supports), you'd be raising some eyebrows if any of the characters involved were already married.

Any thoughts?

Mark being totally okay with Azure flirting makes me want to ship those two more than I already did >///<

Yeah, their support was more adorable than him with Selena, but I'm still going to pairing Azure with Selena. It basically means Mark would be fine with Azure flirting with her sister.

Edited by Phantom Roxas

Well, yeah.

People have mixed feelings about Azure because he keeps flirting with women in his CBA supports, even though he probably has an S support already. But it can't really be helped, since it'd be hard to program different support convos when certain characters are already married.

This might just be me, but has anyone else notice that a lot of supports come off quite wierdly if you've already S supported a character? I mean, some supports aren't romantic at all C-A rank, but others have characters making gestures or lines that could easily be construed as romantic.

I mean, take Liz/Ronku, Serge/Ronku, Olivia/Gaia, Miriel/Callum or Olivia/Henry . If you did up to their A supports (in some cases even just the C supports), you'd be raising some eyebrows if any of the characters involved were already married.

Any thoughts?

Funny that Ronku and Olivia showed up twice in that list, and they also have an intimate moment in their A support. It might depend on whether or not people with S supports actually tell the company or if the engagement is only known among the two of them at that time.

Of course, the simple solution is just have two people reach all their possible romantic A supports and then have them S support.

Well, yeah.

People have mixed feelings about Azure because he keeps flirting with women in his CBA supports, even though he probably has an S support already. But it can't really be helped, since it'd be hard to program different support convos when certain characters are already married.

It wouldn't be hard to program. It would add a ton more dialogue for an already heavy game is the problem.

(IIRC, some supports in PoR changed if someone was dead, didn't they?)

Edited by L95

Funny that Ronku and Olivia showed up twice in that list, and they also have an intimate moment in their A support. It might depend on whether or not people with S supports actually tell the company or if the engagement is only known among the two of them at that time.

Of course, the simple solution is just have two people reach all their possible romantic A supports and then have them S support.

Well, it was just a list of examples. I could probably think of a half-dozen more, some of which are somewhat romantic (or just odd) from C rank onwards. And that's still a somewhat impractical way of circumventing it.

Honestly, I'll probably just try to avoid supports that clash with each other as much as possible. It's not like you really need to have any more than an S support and maybe a handful of other supports for a given character.

"Why aren't you sharing the cake with the rest of my family?"

Not to slander your waifu, but Olivia's supports really do tend towards the inappropriately romantic.

Gaia tries to buy her love with sweets, she spends all her time trying to make Henry smile and that whole thing with Lon'qu...

...Helping another man learn how to use his sword right is not the thing a married woman should spend her time doing.

oh god that was a terrible joke i am so sorry

That was so bad, it was good.

No need to spare my feelings. I know it was just terrible.

But anyhow, I'm just a tad disappointed about the whole thing. I mean, I know that trying to balance 500 or so support conversations so that they all make sense no matter what order you do them in would be an impossible task, but I can't help but be somewhta annoyed by it despite that knowledge.

Ah well. It's not like any of them are HUGELY romantic. They're just a bit more uncomfortable and have a bit more subtext than I might like. And it not's like it isn't easy to avoid them. Just don't double people up if you don't have to.

Some people hate sumia but... I really liked her in this support. I am sort of a canon whore, so that may be blinding me a bit, but I still really like the supports.

I like Sumia too, but it's entirely all opinions.

Question: which support was it that mentions a history book called "Geaneology of the Holy War"?

(Or whichever FE it was named after.)

This is one of the first things I want to check when I get the game, lol.

I'm not planning way too early. Nope.

Sumia and male My Unit's support does. Not sure if female My Unit has a different support with her.

Sumia and male My Unit's support does. Not sure if female My Unit has a different support with her.

Unfortunately, Sumia has the exact same support with Female Rufure.

The B support was funny. Fe!Mark seems to have a habit of getting guys to do what she wants. I google translated her with wood, and from what I saw she pretty much makes him her bitch XD.

Well, let's take a look and see. Female Mark x Wood!

[spoiler=Female Mark x Wood C]Wood: There you are! I found you, Mark!

Mark: W, what is it, Mr. Wood!? You're so out of breath... Did something happen!?

Wood: The instant I saw you, it felt as though I was struck by lightning...!

Mark: Huh...!?

Wood: You are my comrade, bound to me by the threads of fate that transcend time itself...! ...My battle partner!

Mark: Hmm? What are you talking about?

Wood: I understood at once... We shared a powerful connection in our past lives. If the two of us make a Double, no one will be able to match us!

Mark: Ahahahahahahaha!

Wood: H, hey! Why are you laughing!?

Mark: That was great, Mr. Wood! Are you practicing for a play or something?

Wood: No! I was being serious!?

Mark: But you say that we were partners in a past life. How can you know something like that?

Wood: That's... I know it because my sixth sense says so!

Mark: Ahahahahaha! You're really funny! That's why I laughed without meaning to!

Wood: Looks like you have no intention of taking this seriously... Jeez...!

Mark: But if you really are my partner, ...you'd hear out my request, right, Mr. Wood?

Wood: Y, yeah! Of course I will! I'll prove that I'm your partner!

Mark: Well, if I am to have a partner, it'd be really nice if it were someone who can cook!

Wood: C, cook!?

Mark: Yeah, someone who'd cook some food for his comrade! I think that's the kind of person who's best suited to be my partner!

Wood: A, alright then. I'll cook something up for you!

Mark: Fufufu...! I'll leave it up to you then! I'll be looking forward to it, Mr. Wood!

[spoiler=Female Mark x Wood B]Wood: Mark! I've just finished the meal!

Mark: Whoaa! That looks delicious!

Wood: I know, right? But... I still haven't come up with a good name for it...

Mark: Bottoms up! *Nomnom* *nomnom*...!

Wood: I'm still talking, you know... Ah, well.

Mark: Wow, it's really delicious!

Wood: Heh, it was a piece of cake for me! Hm... So now are you finally willing to accept that we are combat partners, bonded together in a past life?

Mark: Yup! That's the first hurdle cleared! Now for the second hurdle!

Wood: Huh!? The second hurdle?

Mark: That's right! Hmmmm... OK then. If we are to become partners, we need some object to make an oath with!

Wood: A, an object...!?

Mark: For something like this, it has to be a jewel, don't you think? Oh... I really want a jewel!

Wood: O, OK! A jewel it is! I'll prepare one right away! Leave it up to me!

Mark: Sure! Mr. Wood, I'm counting on you!

[spoiler=Female Mark x Wood A]Wood: Mark! I've got it!

Mark: Hmm? What did you bring, Mr. Wood?

Wood: The gem! The one we were gonna use for our oath as partners! ...Jeez, you're the one who wanted it!

Mark: Ah! Now that you mention it, that's right!

Wood: Don't go forgetting about it then... Oh well. Go ahead and take a look at this pair!

Mark: Incredible! A glittering black jewel...!

Wood: Yeah. This one that looks like a glimpse of hell's abyss is a black Onyx.

Mark: And this one is a green gem...! It's really pretty too!

Wood: This is an Emerald which holds all the slumbering radiance of the earth beneath us...!

Mark: Wow...

Wood: Now are you willing to accept me as your partner?

Mark: Yes, it's obvious that you're quite concerned about me. I recognize you as my battle partner. I'm sorry about making you do all that stuff! Let's do our best as a team from now on!

Wood: Yeah! I'm counting on you from now on!

Mark: But what exactly do combat partners do anyway, Mr. Wood? Would it be fine if we just fought next to each other?

Wood: ...Eh!? T, that's... Now that you mention it, umm... I haven't thought about that part yet...

Mark: Ahahahaha! You definitely are a funny guy, Mr. Wood! You just jump right into things!

Wood: S, shut up! I'll just give it some thought later! Let's do our best from now on! Partner!

Mark: Yes! I look forward to working with you from now on!

[spoiler=Female Mark x Wood S]Mark: M, Mr. Wood...

Wood: What's wrong? You look upset...? You're my precious partner; you can tell me anything!

Mark: Mr. Wood... Back then, I was testing you.

Wood: Hmm?... Oh, you mean with the hurdles and that kind of stuff? What about it?

Mark: Actually, I didn't need cooking ability or jewels... I just wanted to see how much you cared about me, Mr. Wood... I'm sorry.

Wood: W, well, I kind of understand where you're coming from. It's fine, don't worry about it.

Mark: But I haven't been able to verify the thing that I truly wanted to test yet... Could you try guessing what I really want, Mr. Wood?

Wood: What you really want...? Eh, is this the third hurdle?

Mark: Yes, please think of it as the last trial.

Wood: No problem. Let's think about this a bit. ....Hmmmm.

Mark: Well? Mr. Wood. Were you able to figure it out?

Wood: No, it's no good.

Mark: I, I see...

Wood: B, but... there is one thing that I'm sure of.

Mark: Eh!? W, what is it...?

Wood: I'm sure that... Mark is the person I like most in the world!

Mark: M, Mr. Wood...!

Wood: I know that this is not a good enough answer! But I love you! I said all that stuff about being battle partners because I wanted to be together with you... That's why I kept up this long!

Mark: Correct! That's the correct answer, Mr. Wood!

Wood: Ee~eh...!?

Mark: I wanted those honest, undecorated words from you! Because it's you, Mr. Wood, I went along with all that stuff about cooking and gems... but that wasn't what I was looking for at all!

Wood: Mark... you mean!

Mark: Yes! Of course, I love you too, Mr. Wood! From now on, I look forward to being partners with you in battle and in life!

Wood: A, alright!! Understood! From now on, it's not just about battles! I swear to forever be with you from here on out!

Mark: Yes! I'm so happy! Please look after me from now on!

HAHAHHAHAHA, I',M loving Mark more and more, her support with Wood pffff....I think it would go well with "The WORLD IS MINE" XD, and her support with Azure was really good too!They would be good "friends with benefits" huh? XD, ans Azure sounded sort of sincere, as everyone said, the only other good support was him with Selena ^-^

Guys, I love you so much for these awesome translations!Awakening surpased every FE in my top favorite, hhaahahah

Hey...If the child could support with anyone besides their parents from GEN1 who you want to be?

I think it would be hilarious to see a support between Viole and Azure or Serge and Selena XD

Time to end the non-romantic support drought. First, we have our candy-loving thief and tortured priest; Gaia x Libera!

[spoiler=Gaia x Libera]

[spoiler=Gaia x Libera C]Gaia: ...Hmm? What's this, a cute doll...?

Libera: My apologies, that is mine. I dropped one by accident...

Gaia: This is... not one of the statues or dolls used in prayer... Definitely not.

Libera: Indeed. This is a doll I got for some children. A few kids at an orphanage I passed by kept asking me for it. I believe that wanted something to hold while sleeping.

Gaia: You'd go so far as to take care of some kids that are more or less complete strangers to you? You're amazing. You're clearly cut from a very different cloth than me.

Libera: ...It's nowhere near as remarkable as you make it sound. I was just asked for them so I made a couple of dolls. I'm only fulfilling my duty as a priest.

Gaia: Eeh... It's still splendid. ...By the way, wouldn't it be better to give them some sweets along with the dolls?

Libera: What?

Gaia: Sweets, man. Sweets. Kids love candy and sweets, you know.

Libera: Huh... Well, I'm afraid I haven't made any arrangements for candy at the moment... But, I'll will be sure to follow your suggestion next time around. Thank you very much for the advice.

Gaia: .........

Libera: ...Mr. Gaia?

Gaia: Well... Alright then. Hypothetically speaking, if there were a large pile of sweets somewhere in here, it'd be wrong to not give the kids some too, I suppose... No, but if it's just one or two, I guess it'd be alright...

Libera: M... Mr.Gaia...

[spoiler=Gaia x Libera B]Libera: Amen...

Gaia: Are you praying, Libera?

Libera: That I am. Would you like to join me, Mr. Gaia? It will help you feel cleansed.

Gaia: ...I see. In that case, I'll try it out once. But what am I supposed to pray for? Would it be alright if I just chant any request I wish for?

Libera: Umm... It is true that most people pray for what they want but... prayer wasn't originally meant to be used for making wishes and requests. It was actually used to express our heartfelt feelings of gratitude to God.

Gaia: Our feelings of gratitude to God... "Thank you for blessing our world with sweets"... or something like that?

Libera: I, I suppose so. That is a kind of expressing gratitude...

Gaia: I see. Then let's start praying.

Libera: Y, yes. Allow me to join you.

Gaia: ........

Libera: ........

Gaia: ... O God... Thank you for creating sweets for us...

Libera: ... O God... Thank you for your constant protection...

Gaia: But... if possible, I want to eat a whole lot more sweets...

Libera: ...Huh?

Gaia: I would like to eat more sweets; I would like to eat more sweets...

Libera: M, Mr. Gaia!? You're just wishing for things now...

Gaia: SweetsSweetsSweetsSweetsSweetsSweeetsSweets....!!

Libera: Ah...! My voice can't reach him anymore...! Mr. Gaia!!

Gaia: ... *Huff* !! What is it, Libera?

Libera: "What is it" won't work here! Come on, Mr. Gaia... Didn't you just start making wishes in the middle of your prayer...! That won't do at all, asking God over and over for candy is just...

Gaia: I see... My bad.

Libera: O God... Please do forgive my friend for his impure thoughts...

Gaia: SweetsSweetsSweets....

Libera: Oh for the love of God, Mr. Gaia!

Gaia: ...Sorry.

[spoiler=Gaia x Libera A]Libera: O God...

Gaia: .........

Libera: ...You're thinking about something else while praying, aren't you, Mr. Gaia?

Gaia: Ugh... How did you know?

Libera: Because I'm sensing wicked thoughts coming from right next to me. Were you thinking about sweets again?

Gaia: No. I was praying for... my safe return from the next battle.

Libera: Oh my... That's quite the sincere wish from you, isn't it? I was sure that you were thinking about drowning in a sea of sugary sweets... But why the sudden change of heart?

Gaia: I had an eye-opening experience in the last battle. If I had dodged just a second later than I did, I would have undoubtedly died. At that moment... I felt that I would never know another tomorrow. When that thought popped in my head... I suddenly felt like I wanted to rely on God.

Libera: I see... You have reconsidered your feelings on the matter.

Gaia: But there's no way that God would hear the prayers of a sinful guy like me who's filled with impure thoughts...

Libera: ...That is most certainly not true. As long as there is a sincere desire to repent, God will forgive anybody's sins.

Gaia: I see... Coming from someone as pure as you, that is quite persuasive.

Libera: Hehe... You are quite the kidder, Mr. Gaia. I too... am a sinful human being, am I not?

Gaia: Eh? But you're nothing like me and would never actually do anything bad.

Libera: ...Mr. Gaia. Did you forget? All of us here... We're murderers.

Gaia: .......

Libera: In order to survive on a battlefield, someone else must be sacrificed... To pray for your safe return from a battlefront is to pray for someone else to become a victim.

Gaia: Huh... Then all this time I've been wishing for someone's death without realizing it. I guess I really am beyond salvation.

Libera: No. I am the same. Everyday, I too... turn to God and pray for someone else's death... A no-good human.

Gaia: ...Libera.

Libera: Even so... let us pray. For your safe return and mine... and for all of our comrades' safety... No matter how many lives must be lost in return for ours.

Gaia: ....... Yeah...

...followed by the hero and the tsundere; Cynthia x Selena.

[spoiler=Cynthia x Selena]

[spoiler=Cynthia x Selena C]Cynthia: Alright! My latest victory phrase is now complete! I'm gonna shout it out at the end of the next battle! Oh yeah, I'm feeling go~od!

Selena: Hah... As usual, you do the stupidest things...

Cynthia: Hmph, don't just pop out of thin air like that! Selena, do you have a problem with my victory phrase?

Selena: *Snicker*! To think that the same girl who just said "victory phrase" is asking me if I have a problem with it. Is there anybody other than you who doesn't think it's filled with problems?

Cynthia: Ugh! Uggggh!! It's cool so it's fine!

Selena: Cynthia... Do you really think so? Don't you think that everybody is feeling fed up with it deep inside?

Cynthia: That's not true. I'm sure that somebody will say that it's cool too!

Selena: They'd only be doing that in order to avoid hurting your feelings so that it doesn't upset the mood.

Cynthia: Gaaah! You only think that because of your empty heart! A grumpy sourpuss like you can never understand of a hero like me who strives for victory! With that gloomy personality of yours, you're just like the villains who stand in the way of the hero!

Selena: Yeah yeah, if the alternative is understanding your childish behavior, then I'm quite happy to be a sourpuss! ...Whatever, just do what you want!

Cynthia: Even if you hadn't told me to, I would have done that anyway! Leave me alone! See ya!

[spoiler=Cynthia x Selena B]Cynthia: It is I, the Warrior of Justice Cynthia! Anyone who's afraid of my divine judgement, be gone! ...OK, it's finished! *Nod* *nod* I'm gonna be using this one too!

Selena: "It's finished", is it. That's really uncool...

Cynthia: Selena... Did you come to complain some more!?

Selena: Not really. I just happened to pass by. Well, it is true that I also didn't want to see some of my companions~.

Cynthia: W, What! Then you could have just not come here! That does it! Selena, the only thing you know how to do is complain!

Selena: Yeah yeah, sorry about that. But like you said, I'm just a contrary sourpuss. I can only do things like that. Sooo~ooryy. Ohohohoho~

Cynthia: Why you... that's enough! If you're gonna be like that, then let's have a duel!

Selena: A duel? With me?

Cynthia: Yeah! I don't care if it's a foot race, fencing, speed eating, or whatever! Anyway, the loser has to apologize to the winner!!! Got it!?

Selena: Heh... That sounds rather interesting, doesn't it?

Cynthia: But~, I wonder if the cowardly sourpuss Selena~ have enough courage to accept a challenge?

Selena: If you're gonna go that far then there's no way I'd try to run away. Alright then. I'll make you submit to me with pure skill rather than just brawling it out!

Cynthia: Hmph! That's my line!! ...So, what are we gonna do? I'm fine with anything! Because I'm confident that I can beat you at anything!

Selena: Let's see... One event isn't enough to show the difference between our levels. That's why we're gonna compete at all three of the events that you mentioned!

Cynthia: A, all of them...?

Selena: That's right! What's wrong? Do you want to back out after all~ ?

Cynthia: W, who'd wanna do that! A, alright then! It looks interesting! I'll wipe the floor with you in all of the events! ...Selena, you just keep your head nice and clean for me cause I'll be coming for it!

Selena: *Snickers*! You sound like a third-rate minion! A villain's phrases suit you more than a hero's, don't they!?

Cynthia: W, w, whaaaaaat!!!

Selena: Instead of catch phrases, you might be better off thinking of some excuses for when I make you surrender! Ahahahahaha!!

[spoiler=Cynthia x Selena A]Cynthia: ...You did well by not running away. I'll praise you for that at least.

Selena: That's my line.

Cynthia: But now... it's time... yes, time for me to teach you that justice will always prevail.

Selena: Jeez... you're being an idiot hero like always...

Cynthia: That's right, I am one who strives to be a hero! A hero will always triumph! And evil is forever fated to be defeated!

Selena: Go on then. I'll start by measuring that seemingly bottomless strength of yours. First off, the endurance match!

Cynthia: Alright! ...It's on!!

[Theatrical Blackout]

Cynthia: *Pant* *Pant* ...! T, to think that you're actually keeping up with me...!

Selena: *Pant*... *Pant*... That's not it!? I ran first so how are you keeping up with me...!!

Cynthia: Wh...Whaaat!! *Pant*... *Pant*...!

Selena: *Pant*... *Pant*... Even so... if we start brawling, we'll just end up in another pointless argument... In that case, let's move on to the next event!!

Cynthia: Alright!! Next up is fencing! I'll... stand firm!!

Selena: Aaah! Gah! Ouch!! I'm getting bumps!!

Cynthia: Owowow... To think that wooden swords would hurt this much when they hit...

Selena: I'm tired, I'm hurt... My body is no longer listening to me~!!

Cynthia: When you feel like that, the only thing to do is to eat and recover!! On to the eating match!! Let's go!!

Selena: *Swallow*... *Groan*...! N, no more... I'm full... I can't move... at all!

Cynthia: M, me... too...! I... don't want to see anymore bread... for a while!

Selena: So this event is a tie too...? Even though we competed three times, we still can't determine a winner... ...Aah, I'm exhausted. That's it, I'm done!! I don't want to move anymore today!!

Cynthia: Actually, I feel the same way. Oh, somehow... I just don't care anymore...

Selena: ...I thought you were just an idiot pretending to be a hero but... you're pretty good. I've changed my mind about you and your guts...

Cynthia: Thanks... You too aren't just a grumpy sourpuss, Selena... I actually want to take a page out of your book as far as determination goes.

Selena: It looks like... we're gonna get along much better than I had expected. That's... from now on, I suppose we can friends from now on...

Cynthia: You're not very honest, Selena. ...But now that I think about it, our mothers were best friends... Maybe we're fated to get along.

Selena: Fate, huh... If you start talking about that deep stuff now, we're just gonna fall asleep...

Cynthia: Ahaha... I'm pretty tired and sleepy too... Let's sleep here for a bit and then let's go get a cup of tea together, Selena...

Selena: Yeah... Sure thing... *Snore*, *Snore*

Cynthia: *Mumble* *Mumble*... Zzzz.