Stop Crying Psych Minimafia - Night 2

Paperblade

Oh, there was only one other vote before his.

See, this is why I actually read the thread before posting ):

But yeah, what makes Manix's vote more suspicious than Bal's?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bal's was the first vote so I can at least forgive that for being nothing, but Manix's was a joke and he didn't comment on Bal's. I'm fine with Manix's explanation though, but I'm a bit fishy with Ether's reaction.

Further elaboration: Helios is "ED1 scummy" on an initial reaction to the kill target cuz if scum wanted to safekill newer players, he was a better target than scorri. Similarly, Bal just seems like he wouldn't have been watched / docced over me and Levity. I would have tried to shoot him. It's possible scum had a different mindset than I did though so w/e, wouldn't lynch people on this alone once more time has passed. I think it's the most interesting thing rather than Psych being silly and having mixed up values, though.

Bal, is Psych scum? You're poking him a lot but that's not where your vote is.

Further elaboration: Helios is "ED1 scummy" on an initial reaction to the kill target cuz if scum wanted to safekill newer players, he was a better target than scorri. Similarly, Bal just seems like he wouldn't have been watched / docced over me and Levity. I would have tried to shoot him. It's possible scum had a different mindset than I did though so w/e, wouldn't lynch people on this alone once more time has passed. I think it's the most interesting thing rather than Psych being silly and having mixed up values, though.

Bal, is Psych scum? You're poking him a lot but that's not where your vote is.

Elaboration on my Helios vote: Initial gut looked at the player list and scorri's death and tried to find someone with motive to see her gone. Together with myself he was on the losing end of scorri's scum brutality in the past game, and I figured that was as good a shitty reason as any to kick things off with.

Considering how ferverently people have been advocating not NK-ing you two in recent threads, and assuming reasonable levels of sportmanship, I'm not entirely sure where to draw the line on who was probably targets for whatever protective or soft-protective power roles we may have in the unknown set-up would be. Your raised suspicions are interesting, of course, but imo not really worth entertaining. Admittedly a much better reasoning for early votes than my own though.

As for Psych, I poked him all of once, as far as I remember, and mostly haven't been considering eliminating him as a serious possibility for the admittedly bad reason of he really really wanted to play a game and wouldn't stop pestering until it happened. After the first few hours settle down, I promise to revisit the notion, but until they do, Psych posts are filed in the lolPsych folder of my brain.

My 'reaction' that you keep going on about it calling you out on a fallacy. Or is there another reaction I am reacting with that I am not aware of?

I not saying you had a bad reaction, but I think you may have over reacted considering all that had happened. Plus it's Psych.

So I'm kind of getting scum vibes on Bal and neutralvibes on Ether and Psych /:

brb coffeehouse is closing, I'll start being useful when I get back

Very well, I suppose it is a possibility I overreacted. However, at the moment, my vote on you will hold as there is no one who has given me pause to play with the thought of switching it quite yet.

You don't want to make a contract with me /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\?

Hahahahaha this made me laugh quite a bit. I appreciate it biggrin.gif.

I can see your mindset Prims, but it could also be that newness can be used against me too. After all, why not keep a player in who isn't used to the game and how it works yet and kill someone who's more of a threat due to more experience? In SG, I figured out who was scum but couldn't think of an effective way to persuade people, so they could be trying to bank on that again, meaning I'd be fairly useless otherwise. Also, wasn't there a whole thing about how you and Bizz shouldn't be killed N1 so you two would actually play in the game for a little while?

Elaboration on my Helios vote: Initial gut looked at the player list and scorri's death and tried to find someone with motive to see her gone. Together with myself he was on the losing end of scorri's scum brutality in the past game, and I figured that was as good a shitty reason as any to kick things off with.

Hahahaha. I have no hard feelings against scorri though, and I blame myself and my mistakes for losing. I'm a good sport biggrin.gif.

This is actually the part of his post that catches my attention a little. Doesn't that mean you would potentially have the same motive too? I can't explain the rest of the reasons why this really rubs me the wrong way but it sort of secures the ~levity vibe~ I had on Bal when I started reading the posts a bit more closely, though Bal is really hard to pin down at the very start of games as a rule so it's a conflict. /: ##Vote: Balcerzak for now, though. Psych has my attention even though "being typical Psych" is a nulltell at the very least.

Reading through Ether's posts again actually suddenly gives me a town vibe from him.

I'm not exactly feeling the Helios votes right now purely due to gut feeling, I guess.

True, but two random votes within twenty minutes of phase start is pretty scummy, regardless of when it happens.

I DO absolutely disagree with this, though. /:

Yeah. Helios is not showing any slips or buckles, no point in keeping him at L-2.

##Unvote:

##Vote: Aere

Get in here.

Re: Motive

I guess technically I would, Bizz. But as I acknowledged, it was just a shitty excuse of a reason to place the first RV. I don't actually think vital scum decisions are made for petty reasons, and it's not like NK decisions are an individual mandate.

Obviam needs to get in here too

also aaaah the vibe on you still isn't shaking off though

OH.

Obviam posted.

... I didn't realize he jumped on the Helios wagon. Didn't really say anything directly related to the vote, and then Prims casually added onto it. /: I don't see Prims doing something like that as scum, though.

##Unvote:

##Vote: Aere

Get in here.

Last Active: Today' date=' 06:04 PM (read: 35 minutes before the game started)[/quote']

##Unvote

##Vote Balcerzak for worst votepark 2012

Helios' response to my NK speculation borders on overreaction, imo. He's still a better kill because he's more decisive than scorri.

I'm here, I'm here! I can't respond for some time (it's 1 am and I have school in 6 hours)

I'll try to get something up before I go to sleep.

From reading through the thread (All 2 pages of chat), the only person who seems suspicious is Bal. He's going pretty agressive, which is... more different than the last game I played with him? Either way, he seems a bit too scum-hunt happy. I'm not the only person who is thinking this way, either.

##Vote: Balcerzak

##Unvote

Yeah, joke votes aside now, and the fact that Prims didn't even acknowledge it (...).

Helios' response to my NK speculation borders on overreaction, imo.

Personally, I don't think it was an overreaction at all. Mostly because I think it's more like what I'd do when playing.

My god everyone forgets about me. I somehow doubt that should be the reasoning behind people being killed. If that was the case, I should have been the first to go, not scorri. Remember that I pretty much masterminded most of it last game. I don't like this reasoning at all.

I guess technically I would, Bizz. But as I acknowledged, it was just a shitty excuse of a reason to place the first RV. I don't actually think vital scum decisions are made for petty reasons, and it's not like NK decisions are an individual mandate.

Yeah, sure. Our random N1 kill last game was for a petty reason, because it would have made it hard to figure out who would have done such a thing. Sometimes you need a petty reason when you have absolutely nothing else to go on. Maf had nothing to go on N1, so what else would they have to go on? Recall above, how I said that it's unlikely they would have picked scorri because of last game. They could have done what we did, pick someone at random. And there would be nothing any of us could assume from that.

You sound like you know exactly what is going on. And I really don't like that.

##Vote: Bal

I rest my case.

Without reading the post: Since Manix forgot, BAL IS AT L-1 DON'T HAMMER HIM THIS EARLY

oh shi-

really? I swear it wasn't that bad...

##Unvote

Just know that I will put it back on if needed.

Votals

(3)Balcerzak: Levity, Prims, Aere, Manix

(2)Aere: Helios, Balcerzak

(1)Psych: Ether

(1)Helios: Balcerzak, Obviam, Prims

(0)Prims: Manix

Not Voting: Psych, Manix

tell me if I screwed up I don't think I did

Edited by Paperblade

Aere: aggression is more town than not. like, hunting scum is generally a good thing. why is Bal's aggressiveness coming from scum and not town here? There are better reasons to vote him than what you posted.

Manix is p. town.

(Manix cont since I got distracted and he cut me: I'm not sure the unvote was necessary though if people were paying attention, but I can see why he did it)