It annoys me when people say my name

Really, names in general are a pain for me. I don't ever refer to most people by their name unless they let me, otherwise I find it a bit rude.

Also, remembering them is something I have problems with too.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It implies I know them and they are associated with me, when I don't.

I thought you were Ayanami for a second.

This is why you keep your usernames in an English alphabet. (I know it isn't called that... what IS it called?)

This is why you keep your usernames in an English alphabet. (I know it isn't called that... what IS it called?)

hahahahaha

oh you

I don't mind, unless it's my last name. Most people can't pronounce it right on the first try. Or the second. Or the third.

I don't mind, unless it's my last name. Most people can't pronounce it right on the first try. Or the second. Or the third.

I'm pretty sure I can.

Really, names in general are a pain for me. I don't ever refer to most people by their name unless they let me, otherwise I find it a bit rude.

Okay, that is probably the weirdest thing I've ever heard somebody say. What the fuck is a name for unless to aid in referring to people?

I presume we're not talking about people you should actually pay some respect to, since from the looks of it you refer to your peers and juniors by things other than their names.

And here I am, actively telling people to call me whatever they please. I've been Isaac, Ike, and Zack in the last year and I certainly don't give a damn.

Creepy/10

It's also really rare, so no thanks.

how is that creepy :<

Okay, that is probably the weirdest thing I've ever heard somebody say. What the fuck is a name for unless to aid in referring to people?

I presume we're not talking about people you should actually pay some respect to, since from the looks of it you refer to your peers and juniors by things other than their names.

And here I am, actively telling people to call me whatever they please. I've been Isaac, Ike, and Zack in the last year and I certainly don't give a damn.

some people are weird like that brah

maybe he wants to be some kind of hermit

You don't go around asking people for their surnames.

My last name is simple but nobody pronounces it right ever unless they're Chinese.

Over the internet I'm okay with Lumi but unless I'm friends with you I'd rather not be called by my real name.

Some people do go around asking others for their surnames, apparently! I know quite a few dudes on the internet who are referred to by name, at least by some people. One person has even said they're referred to by name name more than their username. I'd guess it's more common the more tight-knit the group is. Sometimes that can contribute to it seeming like the initiator is sucking up to the person, but to be fair I've never seen a complete random who didn't know the person at all call someone by name. I think I could just be kind of jealous that nobody does that for me.

Some people do go around asking others for their surnames, apparently! I know quite a few dudes on the internet who are referred to by name, at least by some people. One person has even said they're referred to by name name more than their username. I'd guess it's more common the more tight-knit the group is. Sometimes that can contribute to it seeming like the initiator is sucking up to the person, but to be fair I've never seen a complete random who didn't know the person at all call someone by name. I think I could just be kind of jealous that nobody does that for me.

There's at least one person on this site (hint: it's brad) who I never refer to as anything but his name.

"Hey eclipse, I bet I can say your last name right even though I have no idea what it is."

I do too.

That's not creepiness that's just audacity.

*Begins running through the gamut of every possible combination of sounds in a logical and orderly manner that will prevent me from repeating myself*

Edited by Jet Black Gunner

"Hey eclipse, I bet I can say your last name right even though I have no idea what it is."

How did you infer that...?

I'll take your word for it about your name being difficult to pronounce. (⌐■_■)

Hey Integrity I bet I've got better taste in music than you :P:

I

I bet

:(

no nothing is better than kalafina it is unpossible for you to have better taste in music than me

hahaha

Edited by Integrity

I

I bet

:(

no nothing is better than kalafina it is unpossible for you to have better taste in music than me

hahaha

If both you and Eclipse liked Kalafina, then in terms of a comparison of musical tastes your preference would cancel out and the decision of musical taste would be based on other groups.

this seems sort of like one of the things that it'd be hard to be irritated by

it's your name

what else are they going to call you

I think he means when people yell your name in a public place (i.e. a school hall), and you barely even know they exist.

I think he means when people yell your name in a public place (i.e. a school hall), and you barely even know they exist.

Then you should be glad b/c their existence has been brought to your attention and you have received more intelligence regarding the state of the world, should you be intelligent enough to make sense of it.