North Carolina officially banned same-sex marriage

Caliban of Sycorax

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:facepalm:

I'm disappointed. I'll never understand why people think it's "right" to outlaw same-sex marriage. Isn't it in the constitution that we shouldn't discriminate people based on their differences?

Oh great. This is sure to cause a shitstorm for whatever reason.

Then again the majority tends to be scared of anything that is even remotely different from the norm so this comes as no surprise.

NC, I am disappoint. Then again, I almost wasn't surprised that this would happen, given the state it happened in...

...seriously, who gives a fuck whether or not someone wants to marry someone else of the same gender? Why should it matter?

...seriously, who gives a fuck whether or not someone wants to marry someone else of the same gender? Why should it matter?

Really?

People hate anything that is different. That should be enough info really.

I might have heard there was also a bit that banned homosexual intercourse at all. Which I hope I did not hear correctly.

Oh, and this voids domestic unions too? Fuck.

Edited by Rehab

I'm watching the news right now and it's 60-40 For, but it's only got about two thirds of the votes in, so you never know. Not looking good though.

That sex thing, I haven't heard of it and it would be outrageous and almost impossible to pass. It's not a thing.

I might have heard there was also a bit that banned homosexual intercourse at all. Which I hope I did not hear correctly.

Oh, and this voids domestic unions too? Fuck.

Words cannot express the disbelief that I am feeling right now. Nor are there any emoticons in existence that can properly describe the way I feel either.

The void on domestic relationships was a thing however, cause a lot of ads have been bringing that up. It keeps talking about stuff like shared custody and marital abuse, since this also affects straight couples and unmarried couples.

oh ffs

It's not that hard for it to be passed, is it? Not liking the fact that it's likely part of the archaic system, which clearly has no place in today's society. arghhhh

And they actually celebrated the passing of the amendment with a little party later that night.

That is just TONS of wrong.

Edited by Esme

And they actually celebrated the passing of the amendment with a little party later that night.

That is just TONS of wrong.

The local news has a camera down there and they said through the whole vote counting process they had a cake with a groom and a bride to represent traditional marriage there, and once the vote came out they all started eating cake. So it was a bit...inappropriate, I suppose. They're talking about it on MSNBC right now. The amendment though, not the cake.

Really?

People hate anything that is different. That should be enough info really.

I agree with the original point and not the way it was conveyed. The south is in a fairly backwards state anyway, and it indeed is a problem, but I don't think "hate anything that is different" is really any excuse. Not that people sometimes know any better anyway...

Edited by Lord Raven

If it's any consolation, their kind are ebbing away. It will take time, but even in the desperation people feel today society will advance, and their outdated discrimination will slowly die with them.