Guidebook details (out 18th May)

I was wondering when a guidebook would arrive and now we've got two releasing very soon.

Nintendo Official Guidebook

Perfect Guidebook

(If the links don't work, search for ファイアーエムブレム 覚醒 ガイドブック)

Anyone interested in picking one of these up?

The description for the Perfect Guidebook states that it includes "growth rate" potentials or something for characters and classes. I'm hoping those are actual growth rates and not those silly rank things, please D:

I'm interested in the official guidebook, but YesAsia hasn't listed it yet (but they do have the Perfect Guidebook). I'm assuming the contents are more or less the same, given how these guidebooks usually work, but I'm a slightly bigger fan of Shogakukan's works.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit surprised it took nearly a month for a guidebook to come out, but I'm looking forward to it. Also, I tried looking at YesAsia, and I didn't see any listings for either guidebook. Do you think you can put up a link to the Perfect Guidebook you saw Vincent?

YesAsia is a bit funny sometimes and lists some Japanese items under their romaji. I guess they've probably got a LOT of items in stock, so don't bother checking through every item.

I remember paying tons of money to get a FE book, then I suddenly found it on YesAsia new and much cheaper when I searched it in Japanese >___<

Anyway: Perfect guidebook @ YesAsia

YesAsia is a bit funny sometimes and lists some Japanese items under their romaji. I guess they've probably got a LOT of items in stock, so don't bother checking through every item.

I remember paying tons of money to get a FE book, then I suddenly found it on YesAsia new and much cheaper when I searched it in Japanese >___<

Anyway: Perfect guidebook @ YesAsia

Ah, thanks. I'll look into getting either that or the official guide when they come out (assuming YesAsia will have the official guide available).

I'm tempted, but with how much I'm spending lately such as to have the game in the first place, I think I'll hold off a bit and see if someone else gets the info.

It seems some people have the guidebook(s?) now. The images are kind of blurry, but I think I'm seeing growth... ranks.

>___<

Where are these images? The only one I've currently seen is just some art of Luchina.

Mariabel's page

The Famitsu guidebook just has join requirements, class sets, recommended classes, starting weapon ranks, starting items, starting stats and stat growth in bar form (no numbers, no indication whether or not it includes class modifiers), so it's not really useful data-wise.

Mariabel's page

The Famitsu guidebook just has join requirements, class sets, recommended classes, starting weapon ranks, starting items, starting stats and stat growth in bar form (no numbers, no indication whether or not it includes class modifiers), so it's not really useful data-wise.

This is all coming from the Perfect guidebook, right? In that case, we'd have to wait for images from the official guidebook to be certain if there is any real data to use.

It seems the character index has ousted

Emelina, Inverse and Renha

as future sidequest characters, although there was little doubt it was them. Curiously

there's no mention of Paris and instead Marth is listed on the last page. Is it even possible that another another another Marth is the final sidequest character or they're actually listing DLC Marth? I'm hoping it's the latter. Either way, Paris's identity will probably remain a mystery for much longer...

Edited by VincentASM

as future sidequest characters, although there was little doubt it was them. Curiously

there's no mention of Paris and instead Marth is listed on the last page. Is it even possible that another another another Marth is the final sidequest character or they're actually listing DLC Marth? I'm hoping it's the latter. Either way, Paris's identity will probably remain a mystery for much longer...

They're probably just keeping him a secret; he does seem to be special.

Valhart showing up after two weeks was a pleasant surprise. At this rate, we may very well get the rest of the SpotPass maps in the next two months to see for ourselves.

Let's hope it is just DLC Marth they're talking about. If it's not, then...interesting. That would make one too many Marth's for my take, but I wouldn't find it unusual that there was an actual Marth in game that had supports and such.

The official guidebook only uses growth ranks as well. I'm under the impression they may have charts for class growths since every character seems to have way better Luck growth than their other stats.

Hmm, maybe I should have saved images of the growth ranks...

What I did save...

Liz and Sumia (from the points card)

Sumia's OA (from the CD, nice!)

Philein (NPC, not uploaded atm)

[spoiler=SpotPass]Emelina's stats (HUGE image, will downsize soon... actually make that later)

Can't see her Skills : (

Edited by VincentASM

Some details I could find : o

Weapon Level - Weapon Exp needed

E - 1

D - 16

C - 36

B - 66

A - 96

My Unit's best/worst stat affects growth rates as expected, but they don't go into much detail.

Choosing HP as best/worst raises/drops HP, Def and Res growths.

Other stats change corresponding to the base stat changes, listed on the main site.

Growth ranks:

Char    MHP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES
My Unit C   C   D   D   D   B   D   E
Krom    C   C   E   C   C   A   D   E
Liz     D   E   D   D   D   B   E   D
Fred.   B   C   E   C   D   C   C   E
Viole   D   C   D   C   C   C   D   D

Link for reference

Edited by VincentASM

Growth ranks:

Char    MHP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES
My Unit C   C   D   D   D   B   D   E
Krom    C   C   E   C   C   A   D   E
Liz     D   E   D   D   D   B   E   D
Fred.   B   C   E   C   D   C   C   E
Viole   D   C   D   C   C   C   D   D

Poor Liz, every stat is bad except Luck. I say that, but it's probably more like 0-20% is E, 20-40% is D, and so on.

So are these base growth rates? Or are these their growth rates in their base class?

So are these base growth rates? Or are these their growth rates in their base class?

I'm pretty sure these are personal growth rates , because I've seen Fred as GK gain +2 hp which indicates an over 100% growth (or B means you have over 100% growth in that stat? )

Poor Liz, every stat is bad except Luck. I say that, but it's probably more like 0-20% is E, 20-40% is D, and so on.

It's probably base growth rates.

If we compare the values as the lowest(E=0,D=20,etc.) and then highest possible(E=20,D=40,etc.) and compare them against a Viole one one of my files.

Viole:LV 18

HP:30 (22.2, 25.4)

STR:14 (12.4, 15.6)

MAG:1 (3.2, 6.4)

SKL:20 (15.4, 18.6)

SPD:18 (11.4, 14.6)

LUK:13 (13.4, 16.6)

DEF:14 (9.4, 12.4)

RES:6 (4.2, 7.4)

While 16 levels isn't too big of a sample. Some the stat differences(HP,SPD,MAG) are big enough to suggest the his base class is having an effect not shown by the ratings in the guide book.

Liz: 17

HP:29(20.2,23.4)

STR:6(1.0 ,4.2)

MAG:12(8.2,11.4)

SKL:12(8.2,11.3)

SPD: 11(7.2.10.4)

LUK:20(17.6,20.8)

DEF: 9(3.0,6.2)

RES 11(7.2,10.4)

Again alot of the stats are actually higher than predicted. The only close values are the ones is assuming the highest possible growth in every single stat and Luck which never has a class growth. HP is alot higher again.

Edited by arvilino

Hey look, there's Sumia. Kneeling down. With her cleavage showing. Quick everyone, grab your torches and pitchforks.

Way to strawman, bro.

I really like Sumia's OA, for what it's worth. Is there going to be a better quality image of that at any point?