CCMRCSGWNR3:FFDH Game Thread

Haze

Also, as some has stated before (I think), It'd make sense if one of them is mafia while the other is town (haven't we seen one of those before).

Slayer, IIRC Prims said that they shared a role PM conversation?

See, when I try to contribute/get an idea in my head, I've got people looking at me, and when I try to not take N0 srsly and just joke around, I've got more eyes on me. Wat?

This is EXACTLY CORRECT. See, people don't need to post to talk about what to do so much as people need to post just to be talking. If no one talks, scum can't slip up. The more people talk, the more likely it is that the mafia will say something incriminating. So the main point of bugging people to post is really just so that they can say dumb things. So of course you'll get jumped on for not posting and then jumped on for sounding scummy. You have to get the hang of sounding townish.

I'm just saying that from what I've seen him posting, it looks as though no one has been helping him, and I highly doubt a scum team would leave him so obviously confused. His actions seem to say that he has had no help and I'm inclined to believe that he's not mafia because of that.

Psych, the mafia can't be advising someone 24-7. If you're mafia, you don't ask for advice every single time you want to post, you just do it, right? Some of the things he's said are a bit extreme but still, it's not sound logic. Noob mafioso are still noobs, and they'll still sound like noobs.

Oh yeah, someone said this acronym earlier, but what is RVS? I think it means Random Vote Situation.

Random Voting Stage, I think. Basically the same.

I think I remember what you're talking about, but can you bring up where? I've changed my mind about some things so I don't remember my exact reasonings from before. I think it was basically I knew you were town but you still seemed kinda weird about it. I said there was something up not that you were mafia though.

Sounds kinda fishy. I'll take Bizz's word for it that you're likely to be town but this looks pretty terrible, Psych. This explanation isn't even consistent. Did you change your mind or not? Were you posting what you actually thought or not? Did you think Bizz was suspicious or not suspicious?

Good job, Kaoz isn't playing and Proto's in the process of being subbed out.

Scummiest is the dude I have my vote on (Anouleth) for doing a whole lot of nothing productive while keeping tabs on this thread. Second would be Blitz for giving horrible reasons for why he doesn't want to claim. Somewhat suspicious of Kay for being able to respond to Resistance without saying anything in here.

It seemed pretty clear that he had meant the roles, not the players. =/

Posting in Resistance was a lot faster and I didn't have that much time to post. Nothing new had happened there, really, so it wasn't like I had to read much.

Also Prims: I'm out of messages but the answer to both of your questions is yes.

##Unvote (Marth)

##Vote: Anouleth

I don't care whether you hate your PR and don't wanna post, do it anyway.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blitz needs to stop pretending that he's important enough to be lynched. Notice how the number one scummiest person on my list isn't him? I'm getting on his case for being extremely obtuse, which can be interpreted as hindering the town. I do not like such hindrances.

Prims, do you think it would be a terrible move if I asked some questions about role names?

After a certain loli mafia, I am quite against active lurking. Say something, or get a sub. Townies who say nothing don't contribute to scumhunting. Blitz, for all his stupid reasoning, has been doing a lot more than your nothing. Unless your PR is to lurk like a mofo.

I'm not sure what you want me to say. Should I run around making baseless accusations against people based on nothing? Would that adequately clear me in your eyes? I think that I've made it clear before that I have real difficulty trying to "read" people in mafia games. So I don't really have all that much to say. I don't have any accusations or suspicions or "hunches" to pull completely out of my ass. I'm happy to claim to Prims if that's what would clear me in your eyes, even though I don't trust her. I'd even be willing to claim publicly but that is probably not the best use of my role.

If I haven't been responding despite being online, that's partially due to a huge chunk of my time recently being spent playing Diablo 3. And it's better overall to be doing nothing useful than doing what YOU are doing and making pointless accusations against town players and actively harming the town. It would be a terrible idea to lynch me, not just because I am town but because of the nature of my role. No doubt you'll pull out some politician's logic like "oh we have to do SOMETHING, and mislynching is something, therefore we should do it". Fine, run off the edge of a cliff if you feel like it. No doubt, after you lynch me and after I turn out to be town, you'll all tell yourselves how it was really MY fault for not posting enough, too, and you'll be wrong.

There have been games before where I've posted rarely. And I would like to remind you all that I am never mafia. As if me reminding you in every single game ever isn't good enough.

Anouleth, you pull out admittedly somewhat random suspicions because then people can look for information if you flip scum, for example.

Do you think posting that stuff is only harmful/useless at this point in the game? What do you think we ought to do on D1 if all suspicions are random? What are you going to do besides "read" people later on?

Just because you act scummy lots of times when you're town doesn't mean it's not still scummy.

Anouleth, you pull out admittedly somewhat random suspicions because then people can look for information if you flip scum, for example.

So basically, we're just lynching people at random to get information? Well, that makes me feel a hell of a lot better about what I'm about to do. Apparently selecting targets at random is A-OK. I'll keep that in mind.

Do you think posting that stuff is only harmful/useless at this point in the game? What do you think we ought to do on D1 if all suspicions are random? What are you going to do besides "read" people later on?

Just because you act scummy lots of times when you're town doesn't mean it's not still scummy.

Yes, but it does mean that I'm not necessarily mafia. "oh look Anouleth is acting how he always does, he must be mafia". Maybe we should just lynch me day 1 every mafia game. It will certainly save me the effort of reminding everyone that I am never mafia, since now I only have to do it for one day instead of three or four.

@Ano

doesn't work that way buddy

especially when I have never been mafia and this game ain't an exception either, but people just LOVE to lynch D1, if not D1, they will surely get me D3 (thi i not a joke) just because the way I play using my gut is not part of the regular way people plays.

Anyways

@Eclipse

Blitz needs to stop pretending that he's important enough to be lynched. Notice how the number one scummiest person on my list isn't him? I'm getting on his case for being extremely obtuse, which can be interpreted as hindering the town. I do not like such hindrances.

are you saying I can't suspect you because you aren't suspecting me?

That sounds like very screwed up logic.

why are you calling me a hindrance when I am calling you scum?

is it because you really are scum, surely I will be a hindrance to you if you are scum like I my gut says

I was hoping to keep my vote on Proto's sub till s/he showed up and I get a reaction, but I will change my vote now

Unvote

##vote:Eclipse

Sounds kinda fishy. I'll take Bizz's word for it that you're likely to be town but this looks pretty terrible, Psych. This explanation isn't even consistent. Did you change your mind or not? Were you posting what you actually thought or not? Did you think Bizz was suspicious or not suspicious?

That was why I thought those things. I made another post after that one confirming my thoughts or at least why I had them.

so, Ano,

if there was something you wanted to talk about in this day phase, what would it be?

I cannot even imagine such a thing. The only reason it seems there is to post in the main thread is to talk about what other people said or about what you said or what anyone said. Talking about talking about talking. Count me out. Kay says we should do it because without talking, players can't make scumslips; as if town players are themselves perfect and incapable of making comments that accidentally incriminate themselves, as if the Fifth Amendment applies in this thread, but only to innocent people. I should clarify: I don't really think it's a bad thing; it's just not something I have a huge level of interest in especially when I have Diablo 3 sitting on my desktop, which I would be playing right now if I didn't have internet issues.

Slayer, IIRC Prims said that they shared a role PM conversation?

The two things aren't necessarily exclusive. One of them could be mafia, that doesn't mean the other one couldn't be a mafia. For all we know, Haze could have changed the mafia's member role to keep it a secret. You know, its called lying to be with your lover (in the context of the story/plot it'd make sense). I'm not saying everyone should be like omg lynch prims, i'm not suggesting that. That scenario was to respond to blitz' "both of them could be mafia" which is unlikely.

So... much... terrible logic...

@Marth: You may have claimed, but pulling OMGUS after OMGUS isn't going to make you look better. People are scummy simply for voting you? Are you goddamn serious?

@Flint: Let me repeat this for you. Stop being a terrible player and use your SMS to claim to Prims. I will not take my vote off you before you do that (even though I'd much rather vote Anouleth right now), and if we end up lynching a stubborn townie because of that, it'll be your fault for explicitely working against the town as town.

I said before that you should claim to him because you think it's the right thing to do, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't claim to him - I just wanted people to understand for themselves why it's a good idea to claim. You refuse to understand.

I also cannot imagine what you could possibly use that SMS N1 for that could be better for the town than using it now to claim to Prims. Besides, you have two SMSs per day. What did you use the other one for?

Having a town leader doesn't mean that people should stop using their brains, but it certainly doesn't mean it's a good thing to explicitely work against them.

@Kay: You've got it wrong, gal. There's no need to explicitely sound townish unless you're mafia or a terrible (or ridiculously over-paranoid) player - it comes naturally. The point of talking is also not for the mafia to make scumslips (although it certainly is nice when they do), but rather to draw connections and help invalidate the mafia's fakeclaims because of things they may have said earlier that don't match.

@Anouleth: Sending your claim to Prims would be a good start.

That said, that's not how you play mafia. Really, you just... don't. It doesn't speak for you to get so angrily defensive so quickly, and basically everything you're saying is objectively wrong.

First off, sitting on your ass doing nothing never is a good thing. If the entire town were to think like this, the mafia would literally win by doing nothing, because nobody would actually be playing the game.

There's also no reason to assume you're town when there's no evidence and everything you say makes you sound absurdly anti-town.

If you prefer playing Diablo 3 over playing mafia to the point where you basically don't exist in the latter, sub out and open up your slot for one of the many subs that didn't get a chance to play. Allow someone to play who actually wants to play.

@Anouleth: Sending your claim to Prims would be a good start.

That said, that's not how you play mafia. Really, you just... don't. It doesn't speak for you to get so angrily defensive so quickly, and basically everything you're saying is objectively wrong.

First off, sitting on your ass doing nothing never is a good thing. If the entire town were to think like this, the mafia would literally win by doing nothing, because nobody would actually be playing the game.

I'm not saying that people should be sitting on their asses doing nothing. Like I said, I don't have any objections to other people playing their own way. I just don't see why I have to join in. Why? Just to put pressure on people? You want me to put pressure on you? Because I can if I want to.

There's also no reason to assume you're town when there's no evidence and everything you say makes you sound absurdly anti-town.

No evidence to suggest that you're town, either. In fact, there's no evidence to suggest that many players here are town.

I'm not saying that people should be sitting on their asses doing nothing.

Then why are you doing it?

I just don't see why I have to join in. Why? Just to put pressure on people? You want me to put pressure on you? Because I can if I want to.

Why? Because that's the damn point of the game. You're not playing the game right now, you're just being a lazy bum.

As I said, open up your slot for someone else if you don't feel like actually doing anything. By doing nothing you're just being a burden to the town.

No evidence to suggest that you're town, either. In fact, there's no evidence to suggest that many players here are town.

That's right. That's why you can't expect people to assume you (or anyone else) are town for no apparent reason, and why people need to talk.

Seriously, what is this? I want to play the game, not argue what its point is.

Then why are you doing it?

Obviously because I don't have the same amaaaaazing scumhunting skillz you do.

Why? Because that's the damn point of the game. You're not playing the game right now, you're just being a lazy bum.

I am playing the game. I'm arguing and discussing with you. If that's not playing, then what the fuck is?

As I said, open up your slot for someone else if you don't feel like actually doing anything. By doing nothing you're just being a burden to the town.

You are being far more of a burden by leading a lynch against a town player.

And really, even if a player is relatively quiet they are not being a burden. Town players can only be a positive, unless they spend their time misleading the other town players.

So... much... terrible logic...

@Marth: You may have claimed, but pulling OMGUS after OMGUS isn't going to make you look better. People are scummy simply for voting you? Are you goddamn serious?

OMGUS after OMGUS? What? I hadn't voted until like, a few pages ago,and my first vote was Shinori. Hell I gave my reasoning for voting him too, don't call on me for that. Are you saying that I shouldn't vote for someone immediately after a wagon is off me? Then how am I supposed to contribute, eh? And I voted Blitz afterwards because it would be unfair if Blitz didn't get votes stacked on him for not claiming and I got the votes instead. Blitz hadn't voted for me, I believe. Bal is suspicious for making a big deal over my N0 behaviour(and I refuse to agree here) and I don't think I've said anything against Kay or Prims. Oh yeah, I hadn't realy ad any opinion of you, t least, until. Thank you fr letting me knw that there's another player who wants my head on the platter for nothing.

Why are you jumping on me like that? It makes me feel like you're pushing for a lynch, and a mislynch at that. If this is you using your PR, well, that's quite stupd, but that's all I can say about it.

[spoiler=Fluff]

nwcZY.jpg

Xnqhg.jpg

Yeah yeah, I was too lazy to edit the background text and stuff, but if I wanted to do that, the game would be over by the time I made a post.

Now then, first things first:

##Vote: Haze

##Unvote

Sadly not much time atm, will post more later.

I am playing the game. I'm arguing and discussing with you. If that's not playing, then what the fuck is?

You're arguing about the wrong things.

You are being far more of a burden by leading a lynch against a town player.

Oh, Flint is confirmed town now? I'm interested in hearing how you found that out, and why you were not letting us know about it.

Obvious (paranoid) misunderstandings aside, I'm not voting for you... ...yet. And if you're really town (which I'm not convinced of), you're being freaking terrible at it.

And really, even if a player is relatively quiet they are not being a burden. Town players can only be a positive, unless they spend their time misleading the other town players.

Your spend your time wasting our time. That's not positive.

And now, please do something that is neither doing nothing nor arguing with me over this. A.k.a. something useful.

@Marth: I was questioning your reasoning more than your actions. Giving "he voted me, he must be scum" as a reason is an OMGUS in my eyes. Dunno if OMGUS have an actual fixed definition that I'm misinterpreting or something.

Also, unless you're planning of changing your display name to "Flint", I'm not currently voting for you, although considering how strangely defensive you're getting, this might change in the future.

...I bet the mafia is leaning back and laughing to themselves right now while I try to argue with a bunch of over-paranoid townies.

But I'm waiting for a response from Flint, so there's not much else I can do right now.

Oh, Flint is confirmed town now? I'm interested in hearing how you found that out, and why you were not letting us know about it.

I thought you had voted for me for a second. My mistake.

Obvious (paranoid) misunderstandings aside, I'm not voting for you... ...yet. And if you're really town (which I'm not convinced of), you're being freaking terrible at it.

What a surprise. Everyone acts like a dumbass and votes town, so it must be their fault for not conforming.

Your spend your time wasting our time. That's not positive.

So by not posting frequently, I am spending my time wasting your time? That's the dumbest thing you have said all day. First, I'm not actually spending any time by not posting. Second, it's not my fault if you're acting stupidly.

...I bet the mafia is leaning back and laughing to themselves right now while I try to argue with a bunch of over-paranoid townies.

I am not paranoid in the slightest. Paranoid implies all these votes against me are actually fake, when in reality the threat to me is pretty real. Paranoid would be refusing to claim to anyone because they might be mafia, or accusing everyone who voted for me of being "out to get me".