Rate the Units, FE9 Edition: Endgame

Soren probably would've surpasses Geoffrey and Rhys if the bias wasn't counted. Actually, I'm curious to see what everyone's scores would be without the bias.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you really want to do that, Orange, I'll help you out. It will be a long and annoying task, not to mention remembering which votes if any were thrown out. This is why I don't believe in bias points, and thusly never rated with a single bias point. :P:

I retallied Soren's score without the biases. He had two positive bias points and a lot of negative bias points. Snowy said that he'd have rated Soren 7 or 8 for stats alone but gave him 6/10 with bias, so his score was taken as 7. No votes were thrown out in this one. Soren's score came out to be 5.39, which is slightly higher than Rhys.

So yeah, bias points affected a lot of these ratings. I shall retally Stefan now without biases.

FYI, I rate units independantly. Ergo, I don't look at Soren's stats and say 'oh, hey, he only got a 7/10, so I shouldn't rate Ilyana any more than that' when I rate Ilyana for example.

So what I'm getting from this is that despite being strictly inferior, there's a chance you would have given Ilyana a higher score than Soren, ignoring bias? If I'm misinterpreting, please correct me.

Retallied Stefan. His score came out to be 7.2375 without bias points. Round that how you will. I hate you all. Moving on to Ena.

On a computer now.

Without the bias and all votes tallied, Ena rounded to .91. Still worse than Rolf.

Edited by Folgore Orange

Are you sure? I tallied Ena, and I got 0.508. Keep in mind, I threw out Espinoza's vote.

Okay, I threw out that one vote that was 4/10. PKL wanted it thrown out.

Also, I retallied Marcia. Her score came out to be 9.11.

Edited by Folgore Yellow

I don't know, some of the votes were thrown out for a reason.

Tallied Ilyana. Threw out Paperblade's vote for obvious reasons. Some people were REALLY unclear about bias points. Came out to exactly 4.79.

Edited by Folgore Yellow

Tallied Ilyana. Threw out Paperblade's vote for obvious reasons. Some people were REALLY unclear about bias points. Came out to exactly 4.79.

Got the same score as well. For future reference, people need to be a lot more clear with their bias points. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Edited by Folgore Orange

Tormod is 6.41, which puts him right next to Mist.

Speaking of which, I'm retallying Mist now. She got a lot of bias points.

So what I'm getting from this is that despite being strictly inferior, there's a chance you would have given Ilyana a higher score than Soren, ignoring bias? If I'm misinterpreting, please correct me.

Yes... and no. What it means is that I did not rate the units relative to each other on my own personal standards. That does mean that, with bias removed, it is not impossible for an inferior unit to get rated higher than a unit I felt was superior. However, it is also not impossible for a tidal wave to suddenly bear down on NYC due to some previously undetected hotspot in the mid-atlantic crust suddenly erupting into a volcano or for some piece of undetected space debris to fall out of the sky and obliterate the White House. In general, while I did not rate units relative to each other, there were certain aspects and factors I valued more and others that I valued less (plus, I only did .0 and .5 type ratings) and those remained largely constant throughout my ratings. So while Ilyana *might* have been rated higher (they both have 7's post bias) than Soren, since I value join time and flexibility, Soren would be above Ilyana still.

I retallied Mist's scores. Without bias points and counting the late vote, she gets 5.85.

Also, I really hate you all.

Retallied Nephenee. Her total came out to be 6.473.

Edited by Folgore Yellow

I retallied Rhys. His score is 5.31, same as before. He didn't move. :lol:

Haha. Probably the only instance where removing bias doesn't affect the character's rating.

Went and retallied Sothe. His score came out to be 2.0357, which is slightly higher than his originally recorded score but still doesn't not change his position.

Haha. Probably the only instance where removing bias doesn't affect the character's rating.

Rhys didn't really have any bias points, just two if I recall correctly.

Edited by Folgore Yellow

(final score * # of people who voted) - (bias points cumulative total)/# of people who voted = score without bias

at least i think that's how it goes but i'm dumb when it comes to math

if the same number of people voted each time this would be a lot easier.

Edited by Refa

(final score * # of people who voted) - (bias points cumulative total)/# of people who voted = score without bias

at least i think that's how it goes but i'm dumb when it comes to math

if the same number of people voted each time this would be a lot easier.

Nope, not really. Some threads had much more voters than others. Some people gave .5 bias points, others gave the full 1 point. This doesn't account for the +/- bias point either. Because some people gave negative bias while others gave positive for the same character.

Snowy thinks there are 8 units better than Titania...

I dont even know how to respond to that.

Oh and Refa's Math equation is correct.

Edited by Hawk King

I find it easy to just recalculate everything. Also, Snowy also put Mia above Reyson.