[FE13] Who's up for a draft?

Westbrick

That's pretty scrubby thinking, no offense. Sure, lets ban something before it was even given a chance to be tested in a draft. That is a great idea!

Sarcasm.jpg

Did fliers get banned in FE9 before the first draft? no right?

Did Haar get banned early on in FE10 before the first draft? nope

Did Feena start off as free in FE12 drafts? you guessed it, nope.

Edited by PKL

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(i've been suggesting that we leave it free at first for like the entire time up to now)

well seeing as everyone is apparently completely opposed to having it free...

That's pretty scrubby thinking, no offense. Sure, lets ban something before it was even given a chance to be tested in a draft. That is a great idea!

Sarcasm.jpg

I'm not sure I follow why a draft is the only way to test it, why several regular playthroughs aren't enough.

Besides, it seems to me that the real question here is, how well can people adapt to replace Nosferatu and get that same destruction through other means? It seems to me that a draft without it may test that better than a draft with it.

I'm not sure I follow why a draft is the only way to test it, why several regular playthroughs aren't enough.

there were far more regular playthroughs for those games than there have been so far for FE13, and those regular playthroughs consisted of a handful that set the standards for low turncounts.

Sarcasm.jpg

which is why Lucina/Azure/Mark should be drafted

since being free is just a step away from being banned

there were far more regular playthroughs for those games than there have been so far for FE13, and those regular playthroughs consisted of a handful that set the standards for low turncounts.

That doesn't relate to my question in the slightest.

MU should do about as well as Saria, and Miriel shouldn't be too far off, either. Both could also become Dark Mages by the time Saria joins, although they would have a harder time becoming Sorcerers by that point like she can at base level.

I don't know about Tiamo, but she would probably have more troubles due to her lack of innate magic focus and therefore having to start from scratch with Tomes.

That's an understatement. She has 5 magic with a 30% growth.

Tiki doesn't have Dark Mage as an option at all, just regular Mage. What I can say is that Henry is most certainly not capable of that sort of destruction. He's way too slow. I have him at endgame on my HM file as a 12/14 Sorcerer with 13 Spd. A random enemy Great Knight has 20 Spd. An enemy Falcoknight has 34 Spd.

That's much less than his average. Plus, a 12/14 Sariya won't double that Great Knight either (she has 22 speed on average to his 17), so it seems like you've been vastly overrating her combat potential.

Granted, he's screwed in Spd by about 4 points, and he fell behind a bit because of being terrible. So let's say he was keeping pace a bit better and was 12/20 instead, and was at his average Spd at that level, which is like 21. He'd still have enough trouble avoiding getting doubled, let alone actually doubling anything other than the slowest enemies. For comparison, Saria is a 10/20/8 Sorcerer (might be a bit higher, she might have gained a level or two before promoting) with 33 Spd. With Ronku backing her up for +10 Spd, she just barely manages to double the fastest enemy on the map, a Swordmaster with 38 Spd. Although looking over things, that's 20 points gained in 26+ levels with a 60% growth... that's a bit on the high end. Hmm.

She's blessed by 5 points. When Henry and Sariya are at the same level the speed gap is just not very big. About 4 speed or so. I guess if that's the difference between doubling and not doubling, it's a big difference, though.

It seems to me like part of your opinion has been formed by having a very above average Sariya. If Sariya is on her averages, or even screwed in speed, it seems like she wouldn't double nearly as reliably, and she's also reliant on having really high stat units stapled to her (which means she has to give up movement bonuses. Griffin Knight wouldn't give her anything but +DEF).

12/14 is not a remotely typical endgame level: my best characters were all past LV20 promoted. Furthermore, characters are not reliant on their exact stats, because of the prominence of buffs. Griffin Knights may not have an innate Speed bonus, but a Dark Pegasus with 30+ Spd will offer +6 Spd in Double, or up to +8 with an A support. This entails giving up Saria's own +1 Move, but the Dark Pegasus can contribute with her flight mobility every turn due to Lightning Speed, moving the pair as far as 14 squares while still ending the turn with Saria in front.

And no, I don't say this based on one playthrough with a blessed Saria. I say this because of getting this experience with Saria over my two playthroughs and Westbrick getting that same experience with Sorcerers over the course of his four playthroughs. Sounds to me like the conditions needed for this are rather likely.

Edited by Othin

12/14 is not a remotely typical endgame level: my best characters were all past LV20 promoted. Furthermore, characters are not reliant on their exact stats, because of the prominence of buffs. Griffin Knights may not have an innate Speed bonus, but a Dark Pegasus with 30+ Spd will offer +6 Spd in Double, or up to +8 with an A support.

As far as I know, Sariya does not support any Dark Pegasus units.

As far as I know, Sariya does not support any Dark Pegasus units.

Female MU

Noire (if Saria was paired with male MU, Donny, or Gaia)

Mark (if Saria was paired with male MU)

Granted, not a likely option for the kids. It could be one of female MU's better options, though.

But that's still a solid +6 Spd without supports, and Falcoknights give an even more solid +7 - and a Dark Pegasus who's learned Lightning Speed will likely reclass to Falcon Knight anyway.

And of course Double is not the only method of getting buffs with the option of Rainbow Cry and Speed Cry and Speed Potions and more. Team support is a key part of FE13, and a bit of it can go a long way.

• 3 weeks later...

Azure really should not be free, it's not like he has access to Hidden Falchion or can dance or anything. He's a combat unit just like Grego and company and as far as I know, not a particularly broken one at that.

EDIT: Whoops, I meant not be free not unbanned.

Edited by Dark Sage

Pretty sure Azure isn't banned, just free for all. Edit: nice job ninja'ing me.

But I think that Azure and Lucina should be draftable. Their parents being free is an issue, but you are allowed to skip Azure's gaiden if you didn't draft him, and Lucina isn't even forced and doesn't cause a game over.

Edited by Lucina