June 7th DLC - Eirika

Hardin

was she really that emasculated though? Compare her arms to Liz's. At least she looks like she can still wield a sword. I'm guessing Liz is using magic to let her swing an ax around.

Liz starts as a cleric, while Eirika was basically a myrmidon or fencer type lord in FE8. Based on artwork her arms don't look that much stronger than Liz's to me.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was she really that emasculated though? Compare her arms to Liz's. At least she looks like she can still wield a sword. I'm guessing Liz is using magic to let her swing an ax around.

Her arms are stick thin. They were thicker in her FE8 art.

Sigurd should have a non-gender exclusive OP'd to hell class that looks extremely badass. Like FE4's Master Knight.

Because he's Sigurd.

Sigurd would obviously be some kind of undead monster class.

If we get a DLC for Lyn, I think that it should be some bow-using class. Like bow knight (that way, she can have swords as well as bows) or flat out sniper/archer. Why? Because that would probably fit Lyn's character the best. She's a nomad, and her Sacaean heritage was a big part of her identity. Sacaeans as a whole are pretty much defined by their ability to use bows (even if Lyn and Guy start off/are locked to swords), and Lyn even gains swords on promotion. Bow knight Lyn would make a lot of sense to me, if she isn't a swordmaster or myrmidon.

Also ... I admit that maybe some of us are going a bit overboard on complaining about Eirika's class. But the people who are complaining about people complaining are looking like the bigger fools, considering some of their wording. Like everyone else is frothing at the mouth hating on it. My problem with the class is the implications. Unless Eirika was literally summoned in the middle of her wedding day, making "Bride" the female exclusive DLC is kind of ... Well, let's look at what Alm got. A cool fighter class that can use swords, axes, and tomes -- key word being "fighter". Eirika gets ... to be a bride, wielding a staff in her official artwork when she was clearly a fighter in her original class. :/ The thing is, I don't really like the idea of a "Bride" class because the implications are this: "Guys = cool fighters. Girls = brides?" Unless we get a male-exclusive groom or butler class, I'm gonna have to have issues with the "Bride." Although I adore the artwork itself. That dress is pretty (even if I'd never wear it) and Eirika looks really well-drawn.

As for the person who said "girls love wedding dresses" ... lolno. Don't make sweeping generalizations like that. SOME girls only wear dresses when they are forced into it.

Holy fuck dude you're actually making me a little bit mad here.

I want you to think about what you just said, and think about what people are getting upset about. OK, fuck that, I'm going to tell you. Nobody gives a shit about the fact the Eirika got married. Nobody. Nobody is saying anything about that. What people are upset about (among other things) is her class being called "Bride", because that's fucking retarded as. Her class being called Bride implies that being a Bride is somehow the defining characteristic of her character, and pretty much the only class that gets anywhere near this level of stupid unrelated names is Lord, but at least Lord has at least a little bit of relation to warfare and combat. People are also upset about the fact that she is wearing a massive fucking dress, because as previously stated, it's possibly one of the worst ideas for combat gear of all time. I don't know if we've seen her battle sprite yet, but if it's in that then it's incredibly stupid.

tl;dr You don't see any male characters with the class "Groom" do you?

EDIT: Just been informed that it's in her battle sprite. Fuck off.

Basically this. Her dress isnt the problem and neither is the artwork.

I think that the Bride class should've been like this

tumblr_m4vs2hnUUY1qkyw2wo1_400.jpg

[Pic isn't mine. I stole it off tumblr]

Oh my god.

tumblr_ltfx394MJ81qfcqet.gif

If only...

If we get a DLC for Lyn, I think that it should be some bow-using class. Like bow knight (that way, she can have swords as well as bows) or flat out sniper/archer. Why? Because that would probably fit Lyn's character the best. She's a nomad, and her Sacaean heritage was a big part of her identity. Sacaeans as a whole are pretty much defined by their ability to use bows (even if Lyn and Guy start off/are locked to swords), and Lyn even gains swords on promotion. Bow knight Lyn would make a lot of sense to me, if she isn't a swordmaster or myrmidon.

Also ... I admit that maybe some of us are going a bit overboard on complaining about Eirika's class. But the people who are complaining about people complaining are looking like the bigger fools, considering some of their wording. Like everyone else is frothing at the mouth hating on it. My problem with the class is the implications. Unless Eirika was literally summoned in the middle of her wedding day, making "Bride" the female exclusive DLC is kind of ... Well, let's look at what Alm got. A cool fighter class that can use swords, axes, and tomes -- key word being "fighter". Eirika gets ... to be a bride, wielding a staff in her official artwork when she was clearly a fighter in her original class. :/ The thing is, I don't really like the idea of a "Bride" class because the implications are this: "Guys = cool fighters. Girls = brides?" Unless we get a male-exclusive groom or butler class, I'm gonna have to have issues with the "Bride." Although I adore the artwork itself. That dress is pretty (even if I'd never wear it) and Eirika looks really well-drawn.

As for the person who said "girls love wedding dresses" ... lolno. Don't make sweeping generalizations like that. SOME girls only wear dresses when they are forced into it.

Again my opinion. No, this is no where near as bitingly annoying as what had happened to Micaiah but its like "dude, wut?"

I already said it, the art is really nice. But why is there a Bride class to begin with?

If a woman wears a dress in a video game, it implies sexism on the part of the developers. In Eirika's case, putting a dress on her, PERIOD, was emasculating and makes her seem like she's waiting for a knight in shining armor to rescue her.

This is stupid as hell. Dressing up a woman in women's clothing is "sexist"? Word has officially lost all meaning.

Every single playable Swordmaster in both Elibe games is at least partially Sacaean. All the Nomads are Sacaean as well, but I don't think that one is more "Sacaean" than the other. Bow Knight might fit for Lyn, but I think Sniper would be a misrepresentation.

That being said, since Celice was a Swordmaster, I can't see Lyn being one as well. I wouldn't mind Bow Knight, I guess, but Sniper would be :(: .

That being said, since Celice was a Swordmaster, I can't see Lyn being one as well. I wouldn't mind Bow Knight, I guess, but Sniper would be :(: .

I've been saying for a while that she'll end up an assassin, since they can use both swords and bows in FE13.

I love the posts in these topics where people misunderstand why people are complaining and start bitching about it.

Hint: It does not matter at all if Eirika being a bride is realistic, what matters is why they had to choose this as her defining characteristic, especially when she was nothing like this in her own game.

This is stupid as hell. Dressing up a woman in women's clothing is "sexist"? Word has officially lost all meaning.

He was using hyperbole to argue the exact opposite.

"Women's clothing?" Sexist.

That being said, try not to take posts out of context. IMBBMBVM (I have no idea what his name is but it's something like that) complained about a certain attitude among posters, hika stated that attitude hadn't even been aired on this topic, I followed up by attempting to air said attitude. If you read a few posts above, you might guess the post was facetious in nature.

Hmm, I don't think it would make that much sense to make her a archer/sniper as I'm not sure any Sacaen has been in that class tree in the series, while there are more Sacaen sword users as PCs as there are nomad PCs - 5 total sword users in elibe from sacae and 4 nomads in elibe. There are certainly more nomads as enemies, of course, but pretty much all the sacae ground troops as far as I remember are mage/sages, shaman/druids or myrmid/swordmasters.

But it wouldn't bother me much if she was a mounted archer unit.

Edited by Hawkeye Hank Hatfield

I don't think one present character being in a particular class is justification enough for any other character to NOT wind up in the same class.

I don't think one present character being in a particular class is justification enough for any other character to NOT wind up in the same class.

Well, I would think that the creators would want to range out all of the DLC characters' classes so that they can stick as many people in as many classes as possible. Also, like I mentioned a few posts above, bow knight would be a close second fit for Lyn, even if it fits her less that swordmaster.

That being said, try not to take posts out of context. IMBBMBVM (I have no idea what his name is but it's something like that) complained about a certain attitude among posters, hika stated that attitude hadn't even been aired on this topic, I followed up by attempting to air said attitude. If you read a few posts above, you might guess the post was facetious in nature.

Good call. I didn't read it in context, no.

And why would bow knight make more sense than assassin, exactly?

Edited by Westbrick

The biggest reason she can't really be anything other than Swordmaster is the Sol Katti being limited only to them. They probably could make it so that she could use it as an Assassin or Bow Knight, but then there'd be no point in making it limited to begin with.

And why would bow knight make more sense than assassin, exactly?

What about Assassin, Boron?

Well, I think it's because I'm looking at what I know about Lyn's character. First thing that comes to mind: she's very proud of her Sacaean heritage and who she is. Second, she hates lawbreakers. Assassins are ... well, they're sneaky and in the shadows and they do "dirty work" that the people who hire them don't want to have anything to do with. Not sure if that's Lyn. She's not really "sneaky" or "in the shadows." Rather, she's emotional and in your face and she doesn't seem like the type to kill someone for a living. Second, I think bow knight makes more sense because the Elibian nomads are functionally similar to bow knights, and everyone in the nomad class was Sacaean. Lyn = Sacaean.

But then again, this is just my opinion.

The biggest reason she can't really be anything other than Swordmaster is the Sol Katti being limited only to them.

I think you meant the Wo Dao, right? Because only Lyn can use the Sol Katti.