Carnival Phantasm Mafia

Ether

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, another benefit to lightning rod plan:

it prevents scum!Iris from killing one townie and persuading another townie to vote themself, culminating in an Instant Scum Win

Through some think-tanking while I was on a walk, I'm coming up with all the possible iterations that the current plan has, and for an alternate plan that I'm thinking about. This may take me about an hour or so.

Current thoughts though, while I'm here: Haze isn't cleared, and the current plan doesn't look too nice. More in a bit.

Scratch the waiting period, I've actually thought of the easy way out of this, and it involves Haze.

Haze needs to mass!LR tonight, but I will be active tonight on an undisclosed target. Why? Because town!Haze will die tonight if I'm active (and the mafia actually takes the kill), then we know the remaining scumteam (Helios, Lieris and Subieko), but if Haze isn't dead, there are two possible solutions, of which I am not at liberty to disclose because then the mafia will know exactly how to fakeclaim. It will involve people and their targets, and people claiming blocked.

Also Psych, can you change your question to be "Are Iris/Subieko and Haze/Helios of the same alignment?" Because think about what is happening right now: If you get a positive response to your current question (Iris/Subieko), then they're both scum, that's nice. But, if you get a negative response, we gain no more information than we already have. Having the question involving one of the other two will clear more people that way.

ps: Assumptions made are that me, Prims, Psych and BBM are town. This is the most likely set right now. And hence, only one of the remaining four (Iris, Haze, Subieko, and Helios) can be town. Yep.

And I'm saying it's a better idea to ask a different question. How about Iris and Haze? Because that way, considering Haze should flip and confirm something, we can then determine another person? Guaranteed clear on two people compared to a possible clear on two? Which one would you prefer?

there's no indication at all that bbm is town

strawman haze is obvtown since his role is very unlikely to be a lie and scum nexus has no reason to claim pgo instead of just getting targeted and confusing townies

okay then, so let's play a little game with that then: It's called prove BBM is town by asking a question about him and Haze. eh?

I should note that will then clear all townies if a positive response comes up, because by exclusion the other 3 must be scum. And because of everything else that should happen throughout the night.

it's actually perfect

Haze dies, we find out BBM's alignment as a result of Haze flip + Psych's question. If BBM is town we win, if BBM is scum it becomes a matter of finding the last town

I think he meant that he's already sent in the action, and can't take it back. The Iris/Haze thing works the same way as me/Haze though, in that Haze flips and then if Iris is town, the scumteam is me/Helios/Subieko, and if he's scum, then the other two are some two out of me/Helios/Subieko.

That can't be right, because:

I'm asking Iris and Subieko.

I'm doing Iris Haze now. :/:

but it's still better that we clear out you, because we already know that one of Iris/Subieko is scum.

Right now the highest probability of scum is Subieko then Iris. Asking a question regarding them almost seems pointless in the sense that Prims seems to really want to lynch Subieko anyway, and Manix really wants to lynch Iris. I think the best question to ask in terms of "same alignment" would be me and Haze. We know that if Haze doesn't die tonight, either Subieko docced (extremely unlikely but still) him or Haze is scum (since why would the Mafia idle their kill when Subieko is basically considered scum by everyone in the game? They might as well get a free kill). If that's the case then that clears me and narrows the scumteam down to Haze/Subieko/and either Iris or BBM, or if Haze dies and flips scum then I'm cleared. In the event that he'd flip town, and Psych's answer is "no", then I'll come up as scum and you'll lynch me.

Btw I'm not really sure I like Prims's plan still because it's based on too many assumptions and is less probable to succeed than the alternative that I suggested, but hey maybe I'm just biased

I wouldn't mind the question being me and Iris either. It would confirm for me, at least, her alignment.

Also, BBM, I would prefer that Psych's question confirm stuff for the rest of us as opposed to just you.

I could've sworn that I posted here before, but I'm all right with the plan (which you guys keep on changing every 5 minutes, no joke), and my take away is that I should idle tonight. :P

I'm not too sure on Manix's new plan. Manix, if you use Safeguard and Haze uses lightningrod, then there is zero way I can prove my role.

We don't need to this way. We can get other clears instead, and eventually we will clear everyone.

If eclipse was redir'd to scorri then she should have known who killed scorri.

but she was Third Party, so she'd have reason not to claim that i guess. fuckin' selfish ITPs man

should probably ISO her posts in case she crumbed it anywhere

Just to go back to this, the two people we know were Tohno Shiki harem members were Strawman and Subieko. So I'm fairly confident in my presumption that one of them killing Scorri.