Shining Force Mafia

Psych

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd lean more towards outing it. As multiple people have said, the mafia seems way more informed this game than they should be, so I think getting the town all on even footing can only help us.

Okay well I feel safe outting this part for now because it's nothing crucial and it's already been figured out if you are smart.

There is currently 12 votes for this day phase and 7 players left alive in this game. Using this info we can, for the most part, find out if there is 3 scum or 2 scum.

Also a bit more info for the people based off of numbers BEFORE the extra votes, this is all assuming today with the current standing of 7 players left alive.

4/4 if 3 scum and scum mayor - This means obviously not 3 scum and mafia mayor.

5/3 if 3 scum and town mayor - Possibility.

6/2 if 2 scum and town mayor - Obviously not true either because we would have a misslynch available.

5/3 if 2 scum and mafia mayor - Possibility.

Err 4/4 is still plausible because of extra votes this phase. But we weren't at lylo/mylo yesterday so I don't think it would be plausible unless psych had already accounted for the extra votes from levy leaving the game.

Extra votes only last today right?

Yes

Kay, now next question, when i asked you yesterday about if we were at LYLO or MYLO had you already included Levy leaving the game?

I believe I did, yes.

With this bit of info learned if we are at a 4-4 scenario then we are forced to lynch the mayor.

I need opinions on if we want me outting the info i know or not.

Okay hey so the game is over

Mafia can force a NL

Scorri, Mafia Godfather Announcer

Iris, Mafia Lover

and Snike, Town Lover win

post game should be up later tonight

Edited by Papermate

gg town

I take full responsibility for the mafia win because I pointed out that mafia can force a nolynch today. :smug:

nope

snike just wanted to troll the shit out of shinori

(also give me a time I think I called it before you ddi)

nope

snike just wanted to troll the shit out of shinori

(also give me a time I think I called it before you ddi)

I pointed it out like 10 minutes ago so you probably did.

CURSE YOU REIN.

Snike confirmed for scum by scorri:

scorri: me: "Snike came up with this plan. He's an evil evil man." Kiryn: "Yes, I already knew that"

Shining Force Postgame a.k.a How nothing turned out like I wanted it to

Let me begin with a forward, that this game was designed much differently than how it turned out. So much so, that if it had gone how I expected, I'm not sure who would have won. Admittedly, if it had done that, it likely was balanced in the mafia's favor.

This game was originally intended to be an OC game without a town leader.

Basically, if you take a look at the mafia's roles, you can see that they are designed to prevent a Town Leader from arising. The tailor helps prevent the town cop from clearing him, the lovers are designed to get the town's trust, the announcer is a godfather for an easy clear, and the kidnapper helps get rid of people like either the leader or the cop. The rolecop is just for a bit of power, as otherwise the mafia is actually underpowered against town power roles.

Before I delve into roles and the specifics of each one, I shall award...well, awards.

Town MVP: Bal. He did a lot from the moment he subbed in, rivaled only by eclipse. Eclipse was much too flip-floppy in my eyes, and couldn't pin down anything.

Town LVP: There wasn't anyone who was specifically bad per say, but Shinori wins this I guess. Let us go over the mistakes. 1. As Snike has said, asking for a scan Night 0 leads to a godfather suspicion, or a tailor target. Not a good idea. They actually did suit you as cult later on in the game though, I think to bring up suspicions on you, but with the cop finding scum, they never got to. 2. Checking a vanilla with lynching the bomb. I already said there was host error, and much less the mafia knew the win cons. So that's just a whole other level of dumb. 3. Leaks. You're town leader, keep your mouth shut.

Town why the hell do you lie to the Town Leader: Elieson. First of all, claiming PGO and then telling everyone about it is stupid. You won't get the mafia to hit you, which is what you want to do as PGO. If you had told Shinori that you were bomb, and then told him that you were claiming PGO, that would be a good way to spread that around and potentially get a scum in your trap.

Mafia MVP: Scorri. She was the most active, and practically the only one playing till around half way through the game. So she's the whole reason the mafia won, in my eyes.

Bizz: Bizz won. Yay. :newyears: Also Hamtaro.

What do you mean I found the Scum? Award:

Also, if you're gonna wear Big Bang Gloves, you should use them to summon Daedalus or Iris, instead of Meteor.

Looking back, this was hilarious. I also believe Aere found the whole mafia team in one post or something like that, so he comes in second.

Worst Fake Claim Ever: Lynchproof. Though admittedly, this was one of the suits. However, I guess I worded it weird to make it seem like he was never able to be lynched, I meant it how it usually is as in a BPV against a lynch.

Worst Mafia Assumption Ever: Watcher. Honestly. First off Watcher/Tracker is a bad combination together in OC. Second of all, there just had to be one, cause that's what ever night boiled down to.

Role time.

Dear Rapier,
gong.gif

You are Gong, Town Citizen.

You are a traveling monk. You excel at unarmed combat, but you can also heal your allies with your magic.

As a citizen, you have no special powers, but you can still try your hardest to find and eliminate the Mafia.

You are allied with the Town. You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

Dear Helios
maey.gif

You are Mae, Town Citizen.

You are a knight, and fight using spears and lances. You are the only child of the great warrior Varios, and are fighting to get revenge for his death.

As a citizen, you have no special powers, but you can still try your hardest to find and eliminate the Mafia.

You are allied with the Town. You win when the Town eliminates all threats.

Dear Manix,
tao.gif

You are Tao, Town Citizen.

You are a mage, and excel in Fire Magic. You are an elf, and came to work for Princess Anri after your parents were killed.

Vanillas. Not much to say. BUT WHEN I ANNOUNCE HOST ERROR AND YOU STILL ARE SUSPICIOUS THAT IS REALLY DUMB. Manix played the best for the vanillas.

Dear Shinori,
maxv.gif

You are Max, Town Leader.

You are leader of the Shining Force, and one of the chosen people of an ancient race. You are a master swordsmans, but lost your memory about your past.

Because you lead the Shining Force, if you die they will not be sure what to do without you. The Day after your death, all votes towards the lynch will be sent in anonymously.

You are allied with the Town. You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

Designed to be an easy target for the mafia, and with the Town Lover, allow them to get an easy lynch. Honestly, this was the worst role possible for Town Leader because of that, even though it is called Town Leader.

Dear Aere,
guntz.gif

You are Guntz, Town Knight.

You wear a heavy Steam Battlesuit, which is very powerful, but very slow. You fight with lances.

Because of your suit, you can survive the first attack on your life.

Nothing special, just a BPV. How is a BPV scum though? I just...

Dear Hikarusa,
musashi.gif

You are Musashi, Town Rolecop.

You are a samurai, and are a very powerful frontline fighter. You adhere to the samurai code of honor and justice.

At night, may reply to your Role PM with 'Night X - Test USER's honor.'. USER will be insulted and demand that you duel with them. You, of course, will win, and as a prize, USER will give you their Role PM.

Rolecop, again nothing special. Hika basically just followed orders, and I didn't see him talk too much. They knew he was cop really early though.

Dear Lucina,
domingoo.gif

You are Domingo, Town Roleblocker.

You hatched from an egg, and joined the Shining Force because of Max who found you. You are a mage and can fly, and you excel in Ice Magic.

At night, you can reply to your Role PM with 'Night X - Cuddle USER'. You will spend all night hugging USER, and they will be so distracted by how cute you are that they will not complete their night action.

Lucina also wins a 'Lying to the Town Leader' award. Never sent in an action the night Shinori ordered to roleblock scorri. But the mafia kill couldn't be roleblocked, and neither could the announcement, so it's not exactly the worst. Didn't do much at all. Had Shinori ordered a block on Bizz, that would have put her winning off a night.

Dear Bluedoom,
khris.gif

You are Khris, Town Doctor.

You freed the Shining Force from prison, and decided to join. You heal your allies with your magic.

At night, you can reply to your Role PM with 'Night X - Heal USER'. You will save USER's life, should someone attempt to kill them that night.

Way too talky. I can't remember if the mafia inspected Marth, but I do know that Blitz eventually spooked him into spilling the beans that he was the doc. Just....yeah.

Dear Serious Bananas,
bleu.gif

You are Bleu, Town Tracker.

You are a dragon, and can fly over terrain. You joined the Shining Force to protect your friends and become braver.

At night, you can reply to your Role PM with 'Night X - Follow USER'. You will follow USER, and see who they visit that night.

A newbie, and really quiet. Didn't do anything too bad though. So all in all neutral.

Dear StrawSloththeSawSlothStraw,
kokichi.gif

You are Kokichi, Mafia Inventor.

You are a flying unit, who uses spears. You invent many different things, and even invented your own flying device that you use in battle.

At night, you can reply to your Role PM with 'Night X - Invent a new role for USER'. You will replace USER's Role PM with one of three available options provided to you in the next post. You can not invent a new role for yourself. USER will keep that role and appear as it on inspection. When they die, their true Role PM will be revealed.

You are allied with the Mafia. You win when the Mafia achieves parity with the amount of remaining players.

Dear scorri,
anri.gif

You are Anri, Mafia Princess.

You are a mage, and excel in Ice Magic. You are the princess of Guardinia, and you are fighting in the Shining Force to avenge your dead father and protect your country.

At night, you may submit a short message of 200 words in this PM. In the morning, the whole town will see this message. It will be seen anonymously, unless you included your name somewhere in the message. Because you are the Princess, everyone loves you and would never think that you could be in the Mafia. You will appear as Innocent on investigations.

You are allied with the Mafia. You win when the Mafia achieves parity with the amount of remaining players.

Dear Iris,
balbaroy.gif

You are Balbaroy, Mafia Lover.

You are a birdman, and use swords in battle. You are married to Amon.

You know that Kay is your wife Amon. However, she does not know what you are currently up to, and thinks that you are part of the town.

You are allied with the Mafia. You win when the Mafia achieves parity with the amount of remaining players. However, you must have Amon alive in the remaining player count in order to win, or else your Mafia buddies will win without you.

Dear Cap'n Flint,
zylo.gif

You are Zylo, Mafia Rolecop.

You are a wolfman, and extremely strong. You had been poisoned and went insane by the army of Runefaust, but likely the Shining Force was able to save you.

At night, you can reply to your Role PM with 'Night X - Investigate USER'. You will receive USER's full Role PM.

Dear BigBangMeteor,
hanzou.gif

You are Hanzou, Mafia Kidnapper.

You are a ninja, and excellent at hiding in the environment. You fight not to help causes, but to simply show off your power.

At night, you can reply to your Role PM with 'Night X - Hide USER'. You will show USER one of your fantastic hiding places, and USER will be so amazed they will stay there till the next night. They will be unable to communicate with any other people both inside and outside the thread.

For the mafia, I already really touched on them earlier. Not much else to say. They really only got lynched because they got caught in inspections. The suits were Mafia Janitor, Town Unlynchable, and Cult Leader.

Dear Elieson,
yogurto.gif

You are Yogurt, Town Bomb.

You are a small hamster-like creature. You can not fight, and are horrible in combat.

Because of your appearance and general aura, the whole town will feel bad about your death. Whoever is the last person to vote for your lynch or to kill you will kill themselves out of grief.

I already chewed Elieson out on his claim, but as a player he didn't do too bad. Talked a lot and over all tried to help the town despite being scummy.

Dear San,
amonj.gif

You are Amon, Town Lover.

You are a birdman, and use swords in battle. You are married to Balbaroy.

You know that Iris is your husband Balbaroy.

You are allied with the Town. You win when the Town eliminates all threats. However, you must have Balbaroy alive in the remaining player count in order to win, or else your Town buddies will win without you.

Ah, the Lover. Again, designed to be an easy confirm with the mafia lover. While they didn't know that Iris was scum at the beginning, once they contacted each other and revealed PMs, I told them that Iris could joint with the town, and Kay with the mafia. Had scorri been lynched and Iris the only mafia left, the town would have won and Iris would joint, effectively having both of them count as numbers for the other side. The mafia killing one of the lovers/the town lynching the mafia one was supposed to have them try and be dissuaded from outing all the mafia members to the town.

Dear Luster Purge,
200px-Zukia_image.jpg

You are Zuika, Town Vigilante.

You are a very mysterious individual. You are an insect assassin, and was sent to protect Narsha.

During the game, you can reply to your Role PM with 'Assassinate USER'. You will kill USER as soon as I see the message. You can use this during the day or the night, but be aware you only have enough power to kill 2 people.

Dear eclipse,
Narsha_image.jpg

You are Narsha, Town Doublevote.

You are the princess of Runefaust, and daughter of King Ramuladu. You fled the country when your father was brainwashed by the evil sorcerer Darksol

Your vote counts double towards lynches.

Dear adiosToreador,
Mawlocke_image.jpg

You are Mawlocke, Third Party Card User.

Very little is known about you, but you aid the Shining Force and Princess Narsha. You use cards in battle to take on the powers of friend and foe alike.

At night, you may reply to your Role PM with 'Night X - Ask USER for their card.' USER will give you their card so that you may prepare for battle. You will learn the name of USER's character as well. You also have the ability to survive one attempt on your life.

You are allied with yourself. You win when you successfully retrieve 6 cards.

These three are being put together for their pictures. Eclipse got kidnapped so she didn't do much until Night 1. Proto was very inactive and never got to use his second shot. Bizz was probably being too obvious about being third party, but it still worked. I know the mafia had plans to contact Bizz, but never revealed themselves, so I'm curious why they didn't try harder to talk to her.

Bizz's vote thing was also never revealed to her either, but I did say her win flavor would be affected by whose cards she had when she won.

I guess that's it for now. If I think of anything else I'll put it up I guess.

Yup. Me not trusting Shinori early on led him to using me the way he did. By the time I trusted him and claimed to him, he decided that it would be best to blow me up. Funny thing is, I suggested to him an alternative plan, but he quashed it and ya.

Until i figured more things out, I assumed after he killed me, he was scumleader Godfather. Hey, it's a possibility, ya know?